It doesnt look like the Olympics

It doesnt look like the Olympics
It doesnt feel like the Olympics

How am i meant to get excited over the worlds greatest sporting event when you fucking stupid brazillian monkeys cant even get a stadium 3/4 for the 100m final? And its been even worse since.

Giving the Olympics to third world spics - never again.

Don't worry bro Tokyo 2020 will make up for it

>the worlds greatest sporting event
that's the champions league

They need to keep it in greece

>Zika
>Green water in pools
>Theft
>Kidnapping
>Bad organization
>Corruption scandals
>Volunteers starving to death
>Cheating

Could this be the worst Olympics ever?

Keep it North America/Western Europe/Far east Asia/Australasia. The greeks are nearly as bad as these clowns.

The empty stadiums is the worst part of these olympics honestly.
I can forgive the shitty organisation, the robberies, the pollution, the monkey behaviors, but there is no point to host the olympics if people don't attend the venues.

Nah, Greece

that shit looks like its gonna collapse at any moment.

Have any athletes died yet? I really want that to happen so Canada isn't the only country to kill an Olympic athlete with shoddy equipment.

Nigga we are not on summer vacation, people have work to do.

>There is more people in Monaco diamond league stage

You can't make this shit up

>the worlds greatest sporting
that's the champions league

In perfect, rational world they would pick just one location for Summer Olympics (Athens, for example) and some place in Canada for Winter Olympics. Because all this WE WANNA HOST LYMPICS - SHOW HOW GOOD WE ARE, PROMOTE STORTS is just bullshit excuse to build a lot of venues that nobody will use again. Basically just burning money.

Greece makes sense because it's the definition of the olympics. Where it all started

As for the winter olympics I don't know of it having any ancient home, so just put it anywhere cold pretty much

Or they could follow London's example and build smaller venues that are temporarily expanded/built for Olympics and then re-used afterwards

E.g. main stadium was sold to West Ham to use for football, Aquatics Centre is now a public use swimming baths,

The Basketball Arena was built out of cheap recycled materials and dismantled after the Olympics. Riverbank Arena was also temporary

>host summer olympics
>isnt even summer

lmao this is why they should be confined to the northern hemisphere

that's a funny way of spelling the Superb Owl

a german trainer died after a car crash

Lots of mistakes were made.

>Holding the olympics in august (normal work/school month) instead of july where most people are on vacations
>Pricing out the locals of the games and refusing to lower the ticket price (Average ticket price is 100 USD, that's a lot for a 3rd world country)
>Lots of people bought a lot of tickets only to try to sell them at a even higher price
>Refusing to give out the unsold tickets to fill the stadiums (London did this with the military)
>Not a lot of interest for most of the sports, stadiums are also unnecessarily huge
>Holding the events at wrong hours to please western and asian audience (There are games way too early at the morning and some games way past midnight)

tl;dr i hope we never host this kind of event again

Athens would be nice and they don't use their Olympic venues anyway (see pic), but Greece is poor and organizing event itself, even without new infrastructure costs a lot. It's tricky, because you need country with good economy to organize all that, and population, that will have money to buy tickets (or this will be Rio 2.0). And economic conditions in one state can change a lot in 4 years.

Unless it's one of the big overhyped stars it won't grab any headlines

this is the dumbest idea ive heard in a long time. yeah, good idea, give it to a country that has an economical and refugee crisis

>stadiums do get filled
>brazil cheers when other countries fall or get hurt
>brazil boos when other countries win

yeah, no

yeah no

even if you were going to pick a soccer event, its the World Cup

> giving the Greeks more debt

Nope, it's the Champion's League

World Cup games are often boring and the football is inferior to what you see in the Champion's League

by literally no metric is what you are saying true

World Cup has higher audiences (by far)

World Cup generates more revenue (by far)

everything else you said is completely intangible

Asshole hues, yes. But not only they booed athletes. Yesterday Armenians got butthurt on medal ceremony.

Consider suicide my good man

Anglo posters are always butthurt about us, i like that.

really well reasoned and sourced post, "my good man"

If someone would just sink the Basketballas ship, it would prob drown half a billion worth of negros and 25 tranny hookers.

He's right though

Champions League has the best quality players

>Holding the events at wrong hours to please western and asian audience
Fuck this, women's beach volleyball started playing past midnight, wtf.

It's also a soulless as fuck tournament contested between a bunch of franchises (they basically are in everything but name) owned by Russians and Arabs and their pet foreign mercs.

But just like your arguement, that is an intangible.

>Lots of people bought tickets only to sell them for a higher price

Kek is this why Brazil is a shithole? Literally not having the brains to understand that the stadiums won't be full because of the high prices so they won't be able to sell them for higher.

Its difficult to compare the two really. World Cup is every 4 years so its much more rare and thus tickets are much more wanted and people tune in more cause of the rarity.

But the Champions League being every year and spanning a good portion of the season leads to alot more dates where the overall numbers might end up higher when you consider just how many more matches there are for TV revenue and tickets sold.

Once they have all the required facilities they will make loads of money off hosting the Olympics every 4th year

he said the games are boring and the football is inferior, what does that have to do with revenue and audiences you stupid fucking criminal? the champions league has actual high level teams not just rag-tag bands of mercenaries

>the champions league has actual high level teams not just rag-tag bands of mercenaries
stopped taking you seriously right here

you are beyond parody

that is literally ALL it is

international sport is about 'the best of us against the best of them'

how many local Madrid lads played for the most recent Champions League finalists?

It was not Brazilians who did this. See, there's a thread about a irish guy being arrested for that. We don't have the money to buy a lot of tickets.

;^)

the problem being that almost no nations actually have a squad that plays well as a team, even if they do have good players (most have like 3 good players and the rest are shit), because they only train with each other for like 3 weeks of the year at most. this leads to international games being much lower quality than any high level club competition, even if you're counting "muh patriotism" as a motivating factor

Nippons will save the Olympics

What could go wrong beside nearly nude VR lolis shocking the World during opening ceremony?

it wasn't shoddy equipment, the final report says driver errors due to the builders miscalculating the max speed of the course

I'm not disputing that.

But quite clearly in terms of public and international interest, the World Cup is the more relevant event.

You ask any professional soccer player whether they would rather win the World Cup or the Champions League and I think you'll find 98% of them will give you one answer.

The question was over the "greatest" sporting event. That doesn't even imply quality (which is a metric that cannot accurately be quantified).

Though one could argue that the World Cup is usually more unpredictable (and thus more entertaining) than the competition which is literally the same three teams into the semis every year and is thus the higher 'quality' competition from an entertainment perspective.

There is literally no basis to call the Champions League the highest 'quality' competition in the world. How would you even prove that the UCL final has higher quality players than the Superb Owl. Personally I find the Superb Owl far more entertaining.

This. It's actually a pretty good idea. Help them initially build the stadiums then every 4 years they will make tons of money from the entire world visiting their country and buying rights to show it on tv etc. Once their debts are paid off we burn down the stadiums so they know not to fuck up again and we move the olympics to another poverty country

isn't this what they are planning to do in rio?

pretty sure i heard something about a venue becoming a school after the olympics

You don't help poverty countries by throwing a bunch of money at them, you need to teach them how to develop sustainable economies

See Africa

the venues were constructed by stupid huehues and are falling apart already, most won't be lasting long enough to have other uses

This is gold

can't they fill up the stadiums with conscripts, convicts, school children or whatever?

Economic downfall is the main reason, probably.

But there was too much foreign bad press that essentially told everybody not to come.

Everybody here predicted medium or huge fail.

Well finances aren't my strong point. Maybe that's why i'm 29 jobless and still living at home with no savings

Well, at least the massive amount of banter is a plus, I guess.

There would be too many gunfights in the stadium

easy lad no need to bring feels into this

Partially agree.

They can host it in different cities, but should pick only those who are READY to host without burning billions.

They'll never do it because this way they can't steal money.

If they just had some more blood sport they wouldn't have trouble bringing in the fans.

How are 300lb giant negros that simply collide with other negros considered athletes?

>Giving the Olympics to third world spics - never again.
Jeez London wasn't that bad, paki nigger.

>Superbowl is more entertaining
Gtfo, I only watch it because it's murrican tradition and it's the championship game. Eggball isn't that great at all

You have to go back.

The wood used to construct their velodrome will be reused afterwards.

Yep, some venues will be dismantled.

But did not hear anything about one becoming a school.

CHI
based

because it's hosted in an incompetant third world country

2012 was great, 2020 will be great

oh its 30 degress outside meng, but im sho sleepy meng, ive been working all day with gustavo and pedro selling drugs to kids meng, i no wana go to no olympics meng

So, after this shitshow, are we done with this failed experiment of giving global sporting events to "developing" nations who clearly are still unable to manage themselves?

And the refugees get all the jobs!

As hurdles, mats for pole vault and highjump, targets for shooting, archery and javelin, etc.

Synergies!

t. Most exceptional

>are we done with this failed experiment of giving global sporting events to "developing" nations

>2018 winter games
Pyeongchang (Worst Korea)
>2022 winter games
Beijing

>2018 divegrass world cup
Russia
>2022 divegrass world cup
Camelfuqatar

lyl

JUST

>what is ilegal ticket selling
One of yours was already arrested for it, along with 4 French, 2 Chileans and an Irish executive, plus the Brazilians doing it. When common people like me try to buy tickets through official ways, most of the events are sold out, exactly because some faggot bought them to resell for a higher price. Since Brazilian people are both poorer and not as clueless as first world people, they won't really pay 800 bucks on far row seats.

>One of yours was already arrested for it

Not one of ours, Ireland is a different country nowadays

You should be more open, really. You guys are too focused on the showbusiness aspects of the events. Venues at poor countries will be simpler and some mistakes will be made, some boo/vuvuzela/etc will confuse gringos, but the varied experience will be positive.

It's too bad we got an economic downfall plus bad foreign press, so attendance is being low (especially in Athletics), that is a shame.

>all these countries thinking we take any offense about not hosting this shit ever again
We don't want this shit. Just take it, we have our own problems to have to babysit your athletes because you all take pride in pissing off the Muslims.
Good luck in Tokyo with a police carrying revolvers that they never fired in their lives and a military that fight with bamboo swords.

Don't forget all the BOOing making athletes cry