Following up on last night's Buffy thread where someone recommended Vampire Diaries until season 4 or 5

Following up on last night's Buffy thread where someone recommended Vampire Diaries until season 4 or 5.
So it seems there's a big fandom for Buffy and VD on Sup Forums.
Why not have a thread then.

I just started VD because of that thread's recommendation.
It seems like a teen soap opera so far in the first episode, does it get better?

not many TVD threads these days since the show has really gone to shit

yes it gets pretty good then goes to complete shit

Where does it become shit?
So I'm on S01E01, so not far at all.

Where do I stop?

season 3 was the last good one. there's the odd good episode sure but the overall plot is just fucking garbage. watch through season 3 then change to The Originals which is a far better show

Is it basically thee Angel equivalent to Buffy?

kinda. they basically moved all the good writers and most of the characters that are actually interesting. not really much for cross overs aside from the very beginning and i think 2 episode from the last season

Alright thanks bud.
I'll take your advice on that.

Cheers

Is The Originals worth watching?

yes

Defiantly originals is better then TVD.
The show gets good when the originals show up. I don't like the shitty highschool bits.

What's the best supernatural/vampire show to get into? I haven't watched any besides Penny Dreadful, Ravenswood and The Secret Cirlce

The originals easily. It focuses on vamps but it also shows an interesting take on warewolves and witches.

true blood

Originals is great and a very underrated show especially Elijah and Klaus and the way they handle situations also Hayley is one of the hottest girls I've ever seen

Agreed the Originals is great and Klaus is a very fun character to watch. And there is a lot of qts on the show. Can't wait for season 4 desu.

Originals and trueblood

I heard true blood turns really goofy later on and had a shit ending is that true?

yes but still worth watching

Yeah it was goofy from the start it was supposed to be off the wall and that always made it fun but the ending wasn't great

Klaus was the only reason i could tolerate that show, my ex made me watch that shit with her and seeing Klaus constantly fuck shit up and be a cunt was so satisfying

OP here.

On episode 2.
Damon is so based, I hope we see more of him.

Yeah, you could stop right after season 4/5
I'm still watching it right
Problem with later season is that you're left with lower tier supernatural creatures with their own shenanigans with mystic falls gang.
Not to mention there's like 2/3 years time jump that could be a bit confusing.

Ohhh you will lol. Seven seasons worth of Damon's highjinx. But the show starts to go off the rails later on its still fun to watch. Season 7 the annoying bitch Elana is gone so its more about the brothers and based Enzo.

Holy fuck he makes every scene he's in GOAT.
I love his hijinx and it's only episode 2

Later on you will get evil Stephen too he gets really crazy when he turns his emotions off. And just wait until the Originals come to town you will LOVE Klaus.

>left with lower tier supernatural creatures
I hate this part. It seems like the villians are getting weaker instead of stronger. They are fighting a vamp hunter wtf? After Klaus and Cilus you would expect the villians to be stronger.

>vampire show
>hot mary sue
>in a love triangle with 2 hot vampires

When will this shit end.

TVD is Pretty White Kids With Problems: Nominal Vampire Edition. The Originals is legit good though.

The Originals is alot better will less boring filler characters then TVD. But TVD does have its moments I found that as the show goes on it focuses more on the interesting characters like Damon and Enzo.

I've loved season seven the most since the season with the originals since its basically been based Damon:the show plus I like bonnie she's not annoying and Elena is gone she looked good but was annoying

Damon has been carrying that show on his back since season 1. Now that Elena's out of the picture I might actually have to catch up.

Prepare your anus

>We have to wait to 2017 for new season of the Originals

Doesn't it start in October?

Vd is shit. If you want teenager vampire stuff watch true blood. its half shit while vd is pure shit.

No

But it always does.

Is that the guy from LOST?

Yeah

Elena is gone? Huh, I may have to pick it up again, if that means the drama has been toned down. I dropped things around Silus and the supernatural afterlife shit. Just couldn't take it anymore.

Not this time.

Look it up, im on my phone.

Stefan will always be best boy

>no Caroline
>no Rebekah
Shit thread, guys

I was one of the ones who recommended it to you OP. Mid to late season one is when it starts getting fun.

Season 3, then from then on the episodes with Katharine until she dies. If you keep watching you either a masochist or just dont care. The Originals isn't great either.
Not really but if you like TVD a little you wont mind TO.
Some of the highschool bits were comfy. I still remember some episode with Nina D in short shorts or a cheerleader outfit.
It's rubbish. The finale episode of last season was rubbish that's why TO is getting a 10 or 13 episode single season next year and it's a mid-season replacement show now.

>Silus
Long gone
>supernatural afterlife shit
Long gone as well it would be a good idea to catch up desu.