$60 BILLION trade deficit with Mexico

>$60 BILLION trade deficit with Mexico

>STOP BULLYING MEXICO OMG!!!1one

How bout those ungrateful wretches start SHOWING SOME RESPECT

Why is America the only counrty on earth that is vilified for looking out for its own interests? And if this Nieto dude doesnt believe in walls, why doeesnt he tear down mexicos southern border fence?

The border with Guatemala is jungle divided by a river, no wall.

Pedro give us some insight, what do mexicans think of the wall?

Americans can do whatever they want with their own money, but they are not going to get a single penny from us even if that means we starve and become 10 times worse.

Is that general opinion or yours only?
I want to know what people say and think about it in general.
Also from what I know Trump wants to enforce 20% tax on any products coming from mexico and from that he will pay the wall.

General opinion, the president was forced to cancel his meeting with Trump due to public outcry. The tax is prohibited under WTO and NAFTA, they would have to leave both organizations first, but if they implemented that, the American consumers will pay 20% more for their products. The more realistic scenario is that they go after the remittances sent by Mexican families in the US, but since most of those actually come from US legal citizens, it will also damage them, and we could tax the money going back in return, but that would help no one in the long run, a self-destructive economic war which will probably increase the number of immigrants, which is sad because Mexican immigrants are not a problem right now, as more of them have been coming back (not going in) for years.

>there's people who actually believe this

>tfw we have no trade deficit with the US

I'm actually surprised., especially since we've had mostly an overall trade deficit since the 2008 recession (although last quarter we had a trade surplus).

By the way, slapping a 20% tariff on Mexican goods will only pass the costs on to the consumer, so Americans will still be paying for the wall unless they make a conscious effort to not buy anything (ANYTHING) that comes from Mexico. But if all Americans did this, they'd still be paying for the wall through their taxes. Basically, there's no way that Americans aren't going to be stuck paying for it.

The point of a tariff is to make your domestic goods more competitive. Using it to offset the cost of the wall isn't going to work. Trump will need to find another way to recoup the costs of the wall.

This is why your country will always be third world. Work with the government giving you hand outs and reap the benefits.

Mexican government should be selling this to stop the guns and slow down cartel crime,

I am really tired (haven't slept in 28 hours) and I don't fully understand what you are trying to say. Care to elaborate, please?

youre biting the hand that feeds you.

you should cooperate with trump.

you should do what korea and japan did and take that yank cock deep inside

>hand that feeds you

Thats not how trade works

It's actually the other way around, we have been cooperating with you for years, we let you have Marshalls here, we don't complain when you don't legalize drugs, we literally started a war in 2006 to stop the cartels from reaching you (a huge mistake), we deport Central Americans for you which is in part responsible for the fact that right now the border flows across your border are at their lowest levels since the 70s (I am ashamed of this), we are your third economic partners by a long shot and we abide by all the rules, etc. Seriously, what else do you fucking want? That Mexicans taxpayers also pay for NASA and you subsidized corn for free?

Why should we keep cooperating now that Trump is in office? Why don't we simply stop the Drug War and stop deporting Central Americans? (both things that need to be done, Trump or not Trump)

No man, I already told you, we would rather collapse than do what they say. Japan not only deserved it when they got attacked in war, but they got a nice deal after all was over, we are not going to get anything from Trump, and even if we did get something (we won't) we shoudln't accept this. We will die standing, we will not live on our feet.

>Mexican can't jump the wall so he becomes patriotic.

Yes, because you haven't built it yet. I suppose because there's no wall between Mexico and the US at the moment, it's not actually a thing either?

>Why should we keep cooperating now that Trump is in office?
Because your country will split apart if you don't while we laugh at you from across the wall

There is already a wall between Mexico and the US at the moment, it was constructed after the 9/11 attacks. OPs pic is probably from that wall, or maybe from Israel. And no, we have no plans to build our own.

We will die standing, we will not live on our feet.

I'm leaving the thread, as I am really tired. Keep shitposting your alternative facts if those make you feel good at destroying our country, we have already accepted it.

Meant to quote this >We will die standing, we will not live on our feet.

>This thread again
I counted 7 last night

>No man, I already told you, we would rather collapse than do what they say. Japan not only deserved it when they got attacked in war, but they got a nice deal after all was over, we are not going to get anything from Trump, and even if we did get something (we won't) we shoudln't accept this. We will die standing, we will not live on our feet.
dont be so serious and hard on yourself. burgerland isnt that centered in the world. reckon china would offer something new to you and maybe japan too. east asian countries have a different perspective of the world from the west. e.g. nobody in the west has yet to notice or get what actually exists between china and japan. i gave up on telling it to anyone tho.

on Sup Forums and such forums everyone is drummed up by national security topics, whos cucked, who sucks who elses dick etc. but its just some internet bs that is far from the reality.

Wasnt it
>Rather die on my feet than live on my knees?
At least your companies haven't turned their backs on us. Neither do German companies thanks for that

That's noble, but ultimately more destructive than anything Trump would do in his mere 4 year term (no way he's gonna win reelection). Mexico should tough it out.

Yes, you are right, I messed up the quote. I have found out that sleep deprivation works really similar to being drunk.

Thanks man, truth is that what is to come is yet to be seen, but certainly doesn't look good. I wasn't trying to be rude on the Japan comment, sorry if it came out that way. And thanks again.

Mexico has been hurt in the past for doing the noble thing. When it comes to foreign policy we always do the right thing even if everyone takes advantage of us because of it, you should know. When it comes to internal policies, well, no one has been more hurtful that ourselves, but that is another story.

He have been invaded by France 2 times, by you like 3 times, by the UK, by Spain, we collapsed 2 empires, had more civil wars than we can count, spend our first century changing from one maniac dictator to another, we didn't had a proper army until a 100 years ago.
Out economy was subsistence agriculture until recently, we were as dependent on oil as Venezuela until recently, it won´t be easy but we survived a lot, we will be fine at least we are a bit better prepared this time

>you will live to see the latinos in the southwestern states of the US vote to secede from the country
>tfw the US will cease to exist in your lifetime
Feels good.

America shouldn't built a wall, desu.
The Soviets thought it was uneconomical in Germany as well. They secured the border between West and East Germany with fences, soldiers and land mines. It's more effective than a wall because you can't climb over landmines or build a tunnel with soldiers watching you.
The Berlin Wall was kind of a rushed solution, and that wasnt perfect. there were still people building tunnels under the Wall

>look at the guatemalan desert

>we've allowed the trade deficit happen
>now instead of trying to do regular politics to balance it out, let's try to make our neighbouring country to pay for our infrastructure, by threatening them with a trade war that would also have a negative impact on us

Genius :^)

I wonder when the first Mexican "jihadists" are going to crash a lawn mower into Trump Tower.

Fucking hell :DD

Remember when this happened? Probably not, because nobody talks about it. Well, this also happened.

>which will probably increase the number of immigrants

ameristupids will never understand this, the more they fuck with southern countries the more immigrants they will get and walls are a joke, narcos have a shitload of tunnels and the wall that already exists is constantly jumped by illegals. IMO this "wall" thing is an excuse to hire some Trump friend to build the wall and steal the money from americans.

What if Trump ordered the national army, marines, airforce, etc. to forcefully remove all illegals?
And maybe stop all VISA agreements with Mexico, similar to how he's already doing with the Middle East?
just hypothetically....

It's not the wall. There already is a sort of wall, partially, in the US-Mexico and nobody cared. It's the aggresive rethoric.
You are entitled to build a coast to coast wall or 10 of them if you want to, but with your money and like a civilized people, not like a mob of monkeys.

As for the import tax... isn't that contrary to NAFTA agreements? Way to honor your written commitments, burgerland. Again another example of monkey behaviour.

Tax remittances if you want to, that's alright.

>forcefully remove all illegals
And they will be knocking door by door to find them?
> stop all VISA agreements with Mexico
So stop all trade all together and make the situation even worst?

Even if he gets all the illegal Mexicans, that would still leave 5 million of the not Mexican illegal immigrants unchecked. We are paying for everyone, Americans, Central Americans and South Americans, Asians. Just call it like it is and simply say that you despise Mexicans so much that you would hurt yourselves just to see us in the ground.

Do you even know what a trade deficit actually is?

Here's a hint: It doesn't mean they owe you money.

you know how it costs to kick just one illegal?

every year Spain spends more than 20 million euros returning illegals.

We wouldn't

Seeing Trump's actions is like seeing a populist african warlord

japan, china, and germany are also his main target and have already actually threatened the same way as you've got. its not only your concern but also they all have had their own or "shared" the same one. in this strangely biased situation, some BIG economic paradigm shift could arise. on Sup Forums or in conservative western media, people assume, like, a and b hate each other so c is forever winner, but its actually far from the reality when it comes to in an insecure and uncertain situation.

if america goes too far, economically, china and japan could put their turf war on hold and make some new big economic agreement that also urges eu countries like germany and sa countries like your country to join in. this might be unbelievable for you, but, i suppose the odds arent so small, and, its what he and americans havent understood. those "targeted" countries arent so shortsighted. they all can also make new ideas against that shit and are much more flexible than he'd think.

That's pretty much it. You and the rest of Latam should just take notice fucking once and for all, and start acting appropriately in response in relations with USA at all levels.

You have friends in this side of the Pacific. Don't let yourselves be bullied.

Oh, and 新年快乐,万事如意 ~

>from it's
just stopped reading there
holy shit use your language properly at least

america has a border already though

I appreciate it, for all that my post is worth.

>unironically defending extortion and nationalisation of private earnings by the state

McCarthy was right and must be rolling over in his grave.