Simon and garfunkle BTFO holy shit I didn't think I'd see the day

Simon and garfunkle BTFO holy shit I didn't think I'd see the day

youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

They actually capture the mood of the song better than the original, like johnny cash did with hurt.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVLYnJhhjMg
youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM87NTFW4
youtube.com/watch?v=wrbKvxGgFfg
youtube.com/watch?v=5_MgnVlEJ2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

0/10

appreciate that they tried a different take on it but it sounds too dramatic and try hard.

nothing will ever beat simon and garfunkle's harmonising

Not even close.

10/10 master baited, would (you) again

I know the thread is a bait but..

It's always sad when original versions which have more substance is over shadowed by covers that relay on cheap tricks or are far simpler to be easily swallowed and consumed by normies. This especially rings true for Hurt.

Mad World's cover is the same. The original displays the anguish in a much more fitting manner. You have to listen to it to realize it isn't sun and rainbows. You have to listen to the original Hurt more to hear the amazing instrumentals and diverse vocal performance. Sound Of Silence shouldn't have this epic build up. It's hollow and empty. That being the point.

All these original versions ask more patience and attention from the audience while the covers relay on simple hooks or something along thr lines of that. And people stopped paying proper attention to music.

>This especially rings true for Hurt

Why? Cash didn't use any cheap tricks or pretend it was anything more than a simple acoustic cover. It resonated so well because an old dying ex-junkie is singing about drugs and death. That's pure substance.

it's bombastic diahhrea

this discussion has been had a million times before but i dont think either the NiN or cash version is better then the other, they're like completely different songs.
as for this cover it still tries to do the same as the original, only more melodramatic. don't like it

I remember when this jew fuck said he didn't even like Genesis when asked about covering Land of Confusion.

You can actually hear the autotune in this. Disgusting.

They should have gone all out and make it some kind of nu metal cover.

Still the best modern take of a classic i've heard. Subtle brilliance

youtube.com/watch?v=jVLYnJhhjMg

>sad

i bet every single artist was honoured to be covered by johnny cash in the america series

Is there a name to call this type of singing? FEMALE singers have the same thing but the FEMALES do it differently.

insincere

yes the prestigious johnny cash
youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM87NTFW4

surely from the title alone you see the ironic intent

cash is right at the top of legendary figures in the history of music, irrefutable

memes aside this is one of the best Joy Division covers youtube.com/watch?v=wrbKvxGgFfg

I remember not caring for this when it first came out but it's really a decent cover. Also, probably one of the only decent JD covers out there.

Now back to thread topic:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_MgnVlEJ2M