/nba/ - Wew Kobe Edition

Westgod confirmed MVP

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/16176731/nba-2017-nba-title-odds-westgate-las-vegas-superbook
slamonline.com/nba/michael-jordan-sent-boxes-gear-autistic-fan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this one's first. westbrook isn't winning shit and neither are the garbage ass thunder

Olympic Quarterfinals are today.

Schedule.

Australia vs. Lithuania, 10 a.m. ET

Spain vs. France, 1:30 p.m. ET

United States vs. Argentina, 5:45 p.m. ET

Croatia vs. Serbia, 9:15 p.m. ET

Currently halftime, Australia is winning, USA is showing it on national TV.

You seem pretty mad there senpai, I recommend you stop eating so much salt, it's messing with your blood pressure.

should I go get an americano or make my own coffee here? I can probably snag it during halftime

also are thunder fans really this delusional or are they memeing? we all saw what westshit can do by himself...lmao not even getting the 8 seed and getting cucked by anthony davis

How is westbrook the favourite? History shows you need atleast 50 wins to even be considered for MVP, thunder are ok but 50 wins is a stretch.

bovada throwing out hot air senpai

>history shows

Doesn't matter, stats are that matter and OKC are projected to be a top 5 team in the West and that's all that matters. Looking at it objectively Westbrook has the biggest opportunity and freedom coming into next season to score as much as he wants and his 2015 solo campaign, although a small sample and marred by injury, showed he's more than capable of putting up insane stats.

OKC coming into 2016-2017 have a much better roster than 2015 without Durant and much more depth than ever before. The team is also much more adapted to Westbrook's style of play with Adams/Kanter pick and roll and for the fisrt time ever a two way SG in Oladipo that almost perfectly matches him in style of play and athleticism.

They're not going to be the second best team going into the season like they would if KD stayed but they're still better than majority of the competition overall and Western standing alone. I've been doing a lot of reading ans studying of their team and it looks good, we just have to wait and see like everyone else. Hyperbole and trolling are not legitimate criticisms.

Fun fact. In 2015 Adams, Westbrook, Ibaka, and KD combined missed 88 games last season. Judging them based off that entire season with a completely different roster and roleplayers is retarded and fyi Americano's are literal shit tier and you're a pussy for not drinking espresso straight you jackass.

>>history shows

>Doesn't matter, stats are that matter and OKC are projected to be a top 5 team in the West and that's all that matters. Looking at it objectively Westbrook has the biggest opportunity and freedom coming into next season to score as much as he wants and his 2015 solo campaign, although a small sample and marred by injury, showed he's more than capable of putting up insane stats.

>OKC coming into 2016-2017 have a much better roster than 2015 without Durant and much more depth than ever before. The team is also much more adapted to Westbrook's style of play with Adams/Kanter pick and roll and for the fisrt time ever a two way SG in Oladipo that almost perfectly matches him in style of play and athleticism.

>They're not going to be the second best team going into the season like they would if KD stayed but they're still better than majority of the competition overall and Western standing alone. I've been doing a lot of reading ans studying of their team and it looks good, we just have to wait and see like everyone else. Hyperbole and trolling are not legitimate criticisms.

>fyi Americano's are literal shit tier and you're a pussy for not drinking espresso straight you jackass.

I like idly sipping on hot liquid f a m

and none of that changes the fact that westbrook got cucked by AD lmao

>projected top 5 team in the west

Stopped right there.
1.Warriors
2.spurs
3.clippers
4.portland
5. Houston
6. Grizzlies
7. Dallas
8. Thunder/utah

Its nice to think that westbrook will lead them to an amazing season but their roster is a mess. Not having any good 3 point shooters will kill them over 82 games.

Pretty much this. One of the things about having so much concentration of talent on a small amount of teams is you have outlier teams to shine as a result. Looking at it there's only 4 teams with the previous top 5 players in MVP voting.

Warriors, Cleveland, Spurs, and OKC. Cleveland has LeBron who's putting up lower stats on the regular season with so much great help around him to relieve the pressure he's previously had in his career along with older age. The Warriors just added one of the most ball dominate players in the NBA who's a high scorer which takes away from Curry and Klay for high ppg averages. Spurs made small changes, so I don't see any boost in their scoring individually. Westbrook just looks primed to score and pass the ball around more to more than just Ibaka and KD and pick up some rebounding slack.

who is he going to pass to? thunder have a real problem spacing the floor and people seem to conveniently forget that part

>4.portland
>5. Houston
>6. Grizzlies
>7. Dallas

Lmao, ESPN and every other statistical projection has OKC above everyone you just listed below the Clippers.

espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/16176731/nba-2017-nba-title-odds-westgate-las-vegas-superbook

>ESPN and every other statistical projection

Westbrook already passes to Adams and Kanter at a high rate before KD left, he's now got Abrines at the three and he's already proven confident to pass to Morrow for the three. Ilyasova is taking over Ibaka's role, he's going to get passed to. I don't know why you would ask such a dumb question I mean "who's he going to pass to" that's just dumb of course he's passing to the players on his team, reminder that even with Durant and Ibaka not playing Westbrook averaged 10+ assists.

>I can't handle facts so I post fedoras
How about you at least try to counter argue with at least some words next time?

Harry is finished. I took care of him with a couple of mechanical keyboards. No need to thank me, his days of ruining /nba/ are done.

>abrines
literally who

>morrow
ok, got me there

>ilyasova
he has been dogshit since that one good year he had (2011 or 2012)

who is gonna space the floor to allow kanter/adams pick and rolls? this looks like a shittier version of the grizzlies grit n grind teams desu

Nigga you gettin BTFO with #facts
Just admit you dumb and don't know shit.

samefag

>who is gonna space the floor to allow kanter/adams pick and rolls
You obviously don't know how a pick and roll works you don't need spacing, it's a two man strategy that's north and south in direction, the high man screen is all that's necessary in spacing you need spacing for corner slashing, triangle plays, perimeter screening plays, horn plays, etc.

you need some form of spacing or else they're just gonna camp the paint and sag back and let westbrook chuck 3s lmao

>espn and every other statistical projection

Salty cuz

oh look user from his computer and phone

Confirmed for posting on their phone and computer at same time.

>>abrines
>literally who

Spanish JJ Redick. Won the equivalent of rookie of the year in the Euroleague. He's a draft pick OKC had stashed in Spain.

Literally cannot please you idiots. Keep shit posting.

>Antetokounmpo and Carmelo have the same odds of winning MVP

Knocksfags BTFO

keep posting on two different devices, fucking faggot

>mfw /nba/ cannot and will not ever stop being wrong

Seriously stay mad. You idiots are stuck in your rooms jacking off all the time you forget real people post on their phones while they're out making money and traveling while you waste away never getting pussy.

You guys need to stop. You haven't even posted anything to back up your arguments. All you do is shitpost.

>You idiots are stuck in your rooms jacking off all the time you forget real people post on their phones while they're out making money and traveling while you waste away never getting pussy.

I post on my phone all the time, I'm pretty sure most people post on their phones during this time of day.

samefag

NEET's getting BTFO

That hurt my feelings.

Please delet this.

this place really is a hivemind

>He's posting on Sup Forums from his phone because his McJob doesn't have computers in the building
Real busy user lmfao

OKC won't be a top 2 seed so Westbrook won't win MVP. Stats matter but the only time a third seed has won MVP since 1985 was Michael Jordan when they were the 3rd seed and he got DPOY. Karl Malone in 1999 with the Utah Jazz had the second best record at the end of the season, but got pushed to third seed for the playoffs because of divisions.

So stats matter but standings matter just as much. Unless somehow a miracle happens and they hit the 3rd seed, then I can see people sucking his nutsack to get MVP. But it aint happening.

>having a desk job

Have fun being fat.

>8 posters
>45 posts

We're going to make it bruhs.

>5. Houston
that's the stupidest thing I've read all day, thanks user

I'm enjoying this episode of /nba/ desu

holy fuck we're all so autistic

Clippers are the greatest choke masters in NBA history, I wouldn't put it past them to get injured in the season again or have some major blow up that fucks with their chemistry.

>posting from your work computer
bad idea
>having a job where you sit in a chair all day doing little productive
miserable life, unhealthy too

>mfw some user is sitting in a toilet stall posting on Sup Forums from his phone at his walmart job right now
you cant make this shit up senpai

meant for

Man I love portland but they're going to finish fifth/sixth. And dallas isn't making playoffs mate, utah will.

>posting from your room fresh off a hentai fap session as the FBI has logged another entry into their case file to lock up pedo NEET fucks like you ruining the country

Enjoy being the lowest form of life.

if alison brie were a sideline reporter would she automatically be the most perfect one?

>there are wagecucks posting on /nba/ right now on their early lunch break, allowed only by their master as they had to ask permission

Meanwhile I can shitpost all day and be comfy 24/7 as a free man.

Their past three seasons were:

57-25
56-26
53-29

Even when one of their core players (Paul, Griffin, Jordan) is out for a considerable amount of games they still manage to pull out a good record. I can see them choking playoffs sure, but OKC won't win more games than the Clippers this season.

Remember that fullkit wanker that was playing a pick up game in full MJ Bulls gear?

Turned out he was autistic, couldn't work due to his disability, and dedicated his life to playing pickup basketball and learning the game. Micheal Jordan watched the video, and sent him a bunch of Jordan brand gear and called him personally to encourage him to keep playing.

slamonline.com/nba/michael-jordan-sent-boxes-gear-autistic-fan/

Why would klay go from a 73-9 team to a team in full rebuild mode. I seriously don't understand why Lakers Fan think their an attractive destination anymore. You don't have to play in big market to win anymore

Pau vs Marc PER by age.
Who's better?

>PER

it's always been pau

Charles Barkley brings up a great point: All these guys besides DeAndre Jordan, need the ball. They want the ball to score. So you can't just choose a bunch of Super Stars, you need to have some role players that can fit with this team that will just run up and down the court and play defense and dont need the ball.

Clippers just lost some role players and a bunch of depth. Their core is still there but I'm not sure how the season will turn out with so much disappointment and frustration building up. They may be confident thinking they're the best team to defeat the Warriors coming into the season but that could turn south if they lose. I guess we'll have to wait and see like always. Hopefully they don't keep getting injured. Btw they played better without Blake last year but every time they lose CP3 they're ass and have losing streaks. If he's injured Autism Rivers can't keep them afloat.

with CP3 they're capped at the second round

where is the image from?

Odds according to BovadaLV. Las Vegas bookie.

croatia vs serbia should be fun

post redpilled NBA players

that's essentially klay's job but he's been playing like shit except for one game

He'll put up good stats, but his team will be an 8th seed.No MVP ever for Russ. Also, no team with Russ as the 1st option will ever win anything of significance.

Furthermore, Westbrook's game is gonna age like dogshit (not really related but just throwing it out there).

I do respect the guy though for staying in OKC.

Seriously kill yourself for such weak bait, someone already did this in the thread and got BTFO.

Learn to troll harder.

Lmao, someone already tried this. Maybe next time loser.

>Seriously kill yourself for such weak bait, someone already did this in the thread and got BTFO.
>Learn to troll harder.

Samefag is so damn obvious.

Do you really think you're funny posting the most stale and overused meme in recent history?

>look I posted it again

You must be Harry you're so one dimensional and autistic in your trolling.

Damn, it really must be him. That guy that said he went to Oak Park must've fucked up the job.

>Samefag is so damn obvious.
>Do you really think you're funny posting the most stale and overused meme in recent history?

>look I posted it again

>You must be Harry you're so one dimensional and autistic in your trolling.

I hope he's okay. If not he died a martyr.

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting.

>announcing reports

:^)

Atlanta released their schedule using emojii.

Can you figure out what each team it refers to?

Magic, Washington, Kings, ?, Rockets, ?, ?, Heat, ???, forget it this is too hard.

Spain should be blowing out France by now. Both these teams turned straight ass and got old.

>Spain should be blowing out France

senpai this is a hotblooded rivalry

We raid /mlb/ at 9est tonight.

prepare the memes

NYPA

yeah all 15 of us will truly throw them for a loop

4 is Lakers

Pau is a hall of famer, Marc is a great player

>LeGod won't win MVP this year

>90 posts
>16 posters

Thank god they eventually did it. I was getting worried.

gg France no re.

Tony got shat on hard. I seriously can't believe they're still starting him in SAS, get literally any decent PG and sit Parker down.

>tfw Spuds get cp3 and Marc Gasol next year

>91(ninety-one) posts
>16(sixteen) posters

>and Marc Gasol
>those dumbass stars
Please consider the idea of not posting anymore.

So will Argentina pull an upset and make USA their eternal bitch? If they lose to this older version of the 2004 squad I don't think any of them could show their faces again.