Daily reminder that the country that wins gold in the most number of separate sports is the winner of the olympics

daily reminder that the country that wins gold in the most number of separate sports is the winner of the olympics.

swimming is one sport.

I don't know why exactly, but this post made me laugh so hard I cried. The butthurt is incredible.

Europeans inventing new reasons why the US didn't win the medal count is my favorite part of the Olympics

it's not butthurt, you probably have won more sports than other nations anyway, so you win.

winning in several sports is better than winning the same sport over and over again, it makes sense to me at least.

Who's winning then?

>PER CAPITA

read this

probably the UK, might end up being the USA or China also

my fav part is where everyone dopes but we pretend they dont kek

i did this because i assume someone on Sup Forums has the willpower and drive to figure it out for me

This is very, very true. Who is this particular country as of right now?

GB has 11
US has 8
Russia has 7

GB: 11
US: 9
China: 7

There is no "winner" of the Olympics... the Olympics have never been about who can win the most gold medals!

Nevermind, it's 8 for the US

well it looks like great britain is in the lead

fuck off Roo, you're losing in the 'lympics and in Bantz

To be quite fair, athletics is a varied umbrella term. Lots of disciplines in track and field.

>All this delicious butthurt

They're not in the lead if you count 1 gold per sport, per capita and arbitrarily take away cycling

This, too. I know some of the posters here are on the younger side, but I've been through a couple olympics on Sup Forums now, and "Euroexcuse" has solidified itself as one of my favorite parts of the games. If it were an event every European country would have more medals than America

>take away USA's swimming medals and they have less than North Korea

FUG why are we so shit bros?

You can't really lump track and field together, Usain Bolt's not gonna win the shotput.

usain bolt's gonna win the 100m, so jamaica wins at athletics.

but i agree, athletics is tricky since the events are so diverse.

Would decathlon not be more fitting than 100m?

for bolt? no.

Counting strictly by golds is a meme, right? Because it doesn't adjust for the amount of events in each sport?

Let's take Country A. They're stupidly dominant in rowing, sweep all 9 golds. However, they're absolute shit at every other event, not a single silver or bronze.

Country B is similar, but with water polo. Men and women BTFO of every other team by at least 10. 2 golds, but also a good amount of highly competitive athletes in other disciplines, so they get another 6 silvers and 2 bronzes.

By spee's metric, country A is the superior overall olympian. I'm not the only one that realizes this is retarded right?

Why swimming has so much medals anyway? gee, just make the basic male/female like any other sport.

Who ever wins the mens 100m wins the Olympics

It's the only event that matters, everything else is just a side event.

BOOOOOOO-URNS

We will win 2022 after the ioc cuts down in the swimming medals

Daily reminder that inventing imaginary scenarios is what children do, and you'll never beat us.

>the population of the US is literally 90% whales so they are naturally sea people and excel at swimming sports

makes sense tbqhwy familia

>bongs doing into math
>16+4

i doubt you'll see much competition at the 2022 olympics, you're right

>2022

watching anyone beat europeans is my favourite part to be honest.

correct.
For instance if there were a dozen competitions for ping pong China would have a dozen more gold medals, but that wouldn't make them better at sports in general.

I know we're winning feels good

this too.
There should be a differentiation between running\juming and throwing shit.

>still banging on about fucking swimming
>getting the date wrong

Just leave, spaz.

this is true too, a nation that gets silvers and bronzes in a dozen different sports is better at sports in general than a nation that gets 2 golds in the same sport.
But good luck letting idiots here understand that.

This board's medal memes are a double standard though

USA's overwhelming total medal lead shows by the far the most diversity in terms of competitive athletes in different events, but that doesn't matter because

>ONLY GOLDS

USA's gold lead doesn't matter because

>BETTER AT MORE SPORTS

The real answer is of course that none of this fucking matters

swimming isn't one sport

different strokes and different paces take very different athletes and physical abilities

Why does it comes a surprise to fucking adults that a country focused so much on competition like the US gets so many medals?
They even have a plethora of different races to choose from for their athletes, it's a no brainer a 300 million people country full of different ethnic groups and relatively first world with an incredibly developed PRIVATE infrastructure gets so many medals, they PAY FOR YOUR TUITION if you're good at sports, most of the European countries don't have that.

We also don't have a wide selection of niggers to send run, jump or do other endurance related stuff, just how Netherlands, Germany or Switerland don't.
Try to analyze the facts for once.

China is different because they're all Chinese or mainland asians, which means they're shit at anything that requires shot, fast bursts of energy like sprinting or jumping and shit.
England' success is also due to their ethnic diversity and successful infrastructure system that allows people that like to do sports to do it at a certain level.

Is there a fetishes name for thigh high striped socks?