What does Sup Forums think of The Offspring?

What does Sup Forums think of The Offspring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eJZo1Hs8yk
youtube.com/watch?v=5LnFvr8V6ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=H4fRVKxf1QI
youtube.com/watch?v=WcNWO5kj8a4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=STv_0R06bAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not a good band

Their 90s records were okay, but now this is the music they're making
>youtube.com/watch?v=0eJZo1Hs8yk

Was my favorite band. Then "Conspiracy of one" "Splinter" etc. Came out. So i started listening to punk

>rock group goes to shit with age
Shock.

Trash music for trash people. 0/10 band.

I didn't listen to them when I was a kid, they're my favourite shit band now.

youtube.com/watch?v=5LnFvr8V6ZY

Can't stand 'em.

I hate PFWAWG. Probably one of my most hated songs.

They were great up through Splinter.

Thanks for ruining my day. Sounds like a fucking parody

o yeah forgot this board is full of hipster nu-male cucks

Ixnay on the Hombre is a really good album.

>4,734 views
say what? They're THAT irrelevant nowadays? Holy shit, dude.

Americana and Conspiracy of One are my guilty pleasures

Yeah it is, glad you're not referring to me though, or i'd have to kick your teeth down your throat.

my thread
their 90s run was great, but their 80s stuff is incredibly underrated, especially their debut.

Anyone know any bands similar to their early tapes?
youtube.com/watch?v=H4fRVKxf1QI
youtube.com/watch?v=WcNWO5kj8a4

I love Crazy Taxi

No, but I do love Jawbreaker, who are from the same era and scene. Another band worth mentioning is Samiam, who are underrated.

that's legit embarrassing, jesus

I think Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) was the first song I learned all the lyrics to.

cool band

what the actual fuck happened to them

stopped listening to them when splinter came out, glad I made the right decision

For some reason all their music videos from their Vevo were deleted and posted again just yesterday

the first three afi l.p.'s
avail
ALL
ignite

some H2O

They basically made up this sound, there were several bands that copied it, but its like the misfits, a lot of bands can kind sort of similar, but none of them really hit it direct

This, everything from the beginning up to Conspiracy Of One (a couple songs are good) are The Offspring.
This nu-shit they do or did like in 2008 is bad. And that's what got them more famous the scene girls and got other people saying
>the offspring was always bad

Are your hands dirty?

t. pop punk fan

self-esteem ain't bad at all

Smash is probably in my Top 10 albums of all time and Self-Esteem is the worst song on there IMO

YAYAYAYAYA

As good as Ignition, Smash, Ixnay and even a little bit of Americana were, they could never even touch the first five Green Day records, NOFX's 90s discography, and most of Bad Religion's discography in the 90s.

They were a good band but fell behind the rest of the pack just because they could never write hits as good as Green Day, albums as funny as NOFX or albums as well-performed and solid as Bad Religion.

Ignition [Epitaph, 1992] :(

Smash [Epitaph, 1994] :(

Ixnay on the Hombre [Columbia, 1997] *bomb*

Americana [Columbia, 1998]

Four or five years late, they make selling out seem both easy! (unlike the major-label labor Ixnay on the Hombre) and fun! (unlike the fluke smash Smash). A dozen or two bpm faster than when they caught Green Day's punk wave, they sound like a Bad Religion whose catchy drone is at long last unencumbered by any message deeper than "The truth about the world is that crime does pay"--which, to their credit, makes them indignant--or, more generally, that "The Kids Aren't Alright." This truth they explore as fully as--but, as is only fitting given their relatively privileged upbringing, less solemnly than--any gangsta. Only on the title track do they get grandiose. And while keeping it light keeps them on the right side of their frat-boy base, it also makes the fuckups they mock and mourn seem all the more hurtful. A-

Conspiracy of One [Columbia, 2000] :(

Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace [Columbia, 2008] *bomb*

Their first three albums are amazing. Pic Related is one of my favourite albums ever. After that however, I can't say I would defend their discography.

what's wrong with him

No different than what said. The Offspring were always also-rans with the brief shining exception of Americana.

ok gotcha

don't forget Descendents

You know your shit, most people wouldn't have posted ALL while they are way more important for the overall 2000's pop punk sound than the Dents. Dents invented Melodic Hardcore and made some funny songs. ALL went progier and probably made a template song for most pop punk to come

No Hero.

I can't be the only one bemoaning how bad Dexter's singing has become. It's so nasally and it sounds more like your average pop punk singer.
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=STv_0R06bAU

smash is great but thats it