letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/kinglyostrich/
letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo
youtube.com/watch?v=PTFI9sQdpGo
letterboxd.com/creamy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

letterboxd.com/Synt/

I'm amazed that so many people haven't seen Shogun Assassin yet. Definitely check it out if you like trashy movies.

I have seen the first 2 baby cart, but not shogun assassin. Is it worth seeing ? Dubbing and adding more mainstream music seems like shit tb h.

y does schmuckhands hate u so much?

I don't know - I'm not even sure he does, someone just mentioned that once in passing.

But if he does: hey smoothhands, why do you hate me?

I'd say so, yeah. It's just interesting to see a film can be made out of stitching together two separate things and the narrative still somewhat making sense.

That plus the re-done synth score is actually pretty cool, but doesn't sound like that masturbatory "neo-eighties" bullshit that stuff like Kung Fury really wants to be.

Watched The Wolf Knife last night and it fucked me up all night
I know it's bad form to add a movie you've seen once to your favs but for me, if a movie evokes strong emotions in me it instantly becomes top tier
>tfw have friends coming over tonight so can't watch more movies

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

I have Contempt on my PC, but I'm afraid to watch it since I haven't watched any other Godard

letterboxd.com/Robtarded/

Watching Three Monkeys later

It was technically very good, very pretty film but it went over my head because i'm not familiar with the greeks
Finna start watching his movies in chronological order from now
Next up is Le Petit soldat
I'd suggest starting with Breathless

Watched the King Kong remake today.

Don't know why anybody was surprised by the horrendous CGI in The Hobbit films, as it was equally as bad here.

letterboxd.com/MinionMax/

Tonight I'll be watching It Follows and The Witch.

I've seen Shogun Assassin. I can't say if its a good amalgamation, but it was certainly entertaining.

But King Kong, it is made with heart dude. I can outright tell that none involved in Hobbit trilogy or whatever duology quadrology it is never cared not one inch. About anything

The Witch > It Follows

It Follows has potential but never quite gets there. The Witch is at least ballsy, with all the period accurate dialogue.

It Follows had a very good directing and cinematography, hard to see it being topped.

howto watch the wolf knife? in intrigued

Silly question, but when you have say Clint Eastwood both starring and directing the film, how does it work in action?

Clint Eastwood will first 'pre-direct' the scene with a replacement actor to see how it will play out and then have a co-director/assistant director shoot it and then he'll watch the material, see what needs to get fixed and do it again or?

Basically how much autonomy does the co-director have, what's their workload share in directing?

wanna fuck the fox

There's a couple encodes on PTP but they all looked dodgy so I got a mate to upload the untouched DVD for me from KG

I think Peter Jackson put his effort into The Hobbit movies as well as King Kong. It's just he was so fucked for time in The Hobbit that he couldn't much.

I love the story of how King Kong was Jackson's favorite film. That Universal planned a remake and did it just because he didn't want it to be a bad remake by some other director. The man cares about what he does, just often it doesn't work out.

As always, Jackson talking about the issues with pre-produciton that let to the films ultimate demise:
youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

The only reason it has good cinematography is because it attempts to copy the style of 80's horror films, with the benefit of new digital technology.

I think The Witch is much more visually interesting film, especially with some of the static shots. Of course, it differs down to personal opinion.

I just found It Follows to be an attempt at recreating the glory days of 80's horror, while The Witch tried to do something more challenging and new. To each his own though.

>dialouge
:|

DELETE THIS

>dialouge

Why do people suddenly think an entire film is "neo-80s" if it only has a colorful poster? Mental retardation?

It's got the same problem that The Jungle Book had for me. The CGI and live action stuff looks good on it's own, but when it's combined, it looks horrendous.

it's 'DELET' you fucking dolt

'DELET' THIS

DELEET THIS

>dialouge

>/lbg/ is now a shitposting normie group

DLEET THIS

DET THIS

D THIS

DLT THS

DTS

DT

D

T

It's pretty much like you describe. Often it's just the director explaining how the scene will work, instructing people, then doing the take. The first one usually never works so they do a bunch.

.embryo

,mbryo

SCHMUCK

SSHHHHHHHHMUK
brb getting in the shower

Let me join you big boi

I'm literally wanking in the shower right now and posting this at the same time

Went to a Don Hertzfeldt event and had a great time. First time watching some of his films not alone in my basement.

letterboxd.com/MarcusLover96/

I didnt get Tokyo Story

I found it to be a beautiful exploration of age, and the separation it causes within a family. It's a very quiet, beautiful film.

Early Summer is better

I plan to watch that soon, really want to dive into more Ozu

letterboxd.com/Aroodrao/

Rome Open City was very emotional.

>aroo?

It's the worst of the Noriko trilogy M

legit the most yikes picture and profile ive ever seen

The 20 minutes in the directors cut felt really pointless

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

None I went out side instead

outside fucking sucks why do normies like it so much

letterboxd.com/kinglyostrich/

DUDE ADAM SANDLER SUCKS LMAO

Is this the "Vulgar Autism" meme?

>DUDE I LIKE SHIT BECAUSE IT MAKES ME LOOK FORWARD THINKING

Every VAmemer in a nutshell

letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/

Probably nothing today.
Hope you enjoy both.

What is that film that you keep rewatching becauseyou can't quite decide if you like it or not, and don't know the reasons for your dislike or love towards it?

I must've seen remake of True Grit half a dozen times now and I still don't know the reasons towards my indefference, I can't tell if I like it or hate it

It's just a sort of elusive film.

What do you think of the original?

To my shame I have to admit I haven't seen it.

embryo etc. all that.

Tetsuo 2 Body Hammer. Every time I watch I try to pretend that it´s not shit. even though it is

That's not what I mean.

I mean elusive film, film you can't quite pinpoint if you like or hate it

Well Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. At times I love it simply for the beginning part of it but at other times I hate it for it not being a satisfying conclusion to the series. Also almost all the information we get about Laura Palmer in the movie is said somewhere at the tv-series we don´t even see the best girl

Rate my GF

rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo

Anyone have suggestions for movies that are shot like Night and Day (2008)? really bright, clear, crisp HD dv. kinda soap opera-ish.

this is a letterboxd thread friend

youtube.com/watch?v=PTFI9sQdpGo

letterboxd.com/etinarcadiaego

thank you for proving you don't belong here

Why is Rohmer so superior to Godard, senpai?

>Anno Domini 2016
>Uses Letterboxd.
lol

Why are balloons so superior to plants bros?

What sort of a comparison is that

You have absolutely nothing to be so smug about.

1>3>2

>the funny farm of evolution_rex

He isn't. Still great

Stop treating movies like video game consoles

anyone notice that KG keeps raising the amount of donations they "need"? What a bunch of scumbags

thats the point

letterboxd.com/creamy/

The Patrician has arrived

Fuck the Creamy

Absolutely. Fucking cunts. Keep begging for money, but no freeleech anymore guys lol xd. Hope this shit fails and this stupid site drowns

what is KG

Welcome back my man

Thank you!

So far I'm really enjoying It Follows. There's something so unsettling about a creature that's always walking towards the camera, slow but unrelenting.

Do they allow invites if you aren't member of What.CD? I don't have any private tracker account

Unless you're friends with a member, no. So go join WCD.

fucking kill yourself

hah triggert

am I allowed to add 2 second short films from the late 1800s to My Films?

Yes. I grant you persimmon.