What's the most autistic crowd you've seen at a show? Mine's Animal Collective

What's the most autistic crowd you've seen at a show? Mine's Animal Collective

And by autistic I mean underage nerds screaming memes, not autistic as in overly quiet and awkward

Autistic music for autistic people

when did you see them? What city? I did not experience any of this when I saw them for their PW tour. I saw them in Hollywood and yeah there were a lot of hipsters, but there were no autismos in sight

Santa Ana, a few months after their Hollywood show cause I missed it. Hollywood has more confident hipster normies, Santa Ana was entirely fat filthy frank fans. Like a death grips concert. A kid had on a cal chuchesta shirt

Death Grips, easily.

I saw fun. in 2012 and the place was crawling with hipsters.

any electronic show loosely jam based. fucking hate hippies.

probably just the place you saw them. Maybe your city has a high concentration of autismos

rings of saturn

of Montreal shows tend to be really autistic

Got a strong basement dweller vibe from the crowd at a Swans show, so probably that.

Any rock concert ever.

The crowd at King Crimson was really odd. Middle aged yuppies, and the few women in attendance all looked like Library Science majors.

This x10. Even when I was into that shit and was going to music festivals and dropping acid I thought those fuckers were super cringey.

Silver Apples

Swans, almost everyone there was a socially retarded neckbeard.

chevelle, I wasn't there by choice.

Mac DeMarco circa 2014

Babymetal probably, still one of the most fun shows I've been to regardless.

my life with the thrill kill kult by far

I saw chiodos once.
Fucking hell.

I worked as a barkeeper at a Rammstein concert, worst shit ever, we were in a metal cage in the middle of the crowd, REALLY REALLY understaffed, it was raining heavily outside so everyone was seriously pissed, they rattled on the cages, tried to climb on them, threw shit at us, made monkey noises. Most of them were absolutely basic-bitch pale chubby german metalheads, my nig friend and i were cringing all the way through our work session, like "lol look at that fucking virgin, lol look at that methhead geezer etc."

how did you live to tell the tale

oh boy i have a story for you about a patrick moraz show i went to yesterday

its long, should i post?

no

Never went to their concert, but judding by their fan base here on Sup Forums, I don't doubt it
I thought that was a requisite to be a Swans fan

should I go see them in march?

I was there too. They were a lot of young kids but not autistic ones.

yes

This pretty much describes the crowd at the Magma show I saw a couple years ago. Which totally makes sense.

Please dont

Death Grips. No one had any sort of pit etiquette

Maybe Alice Cooper

Went to see Skylar Spence/Saint Pepsi DJing and singing at a bar in London

Was decently packed, and most of the people pre-bought tickets (so you know they weren't just random people showing up). Me and my group of 4 or 5 friends were the only ones with any kind of enthusiasm, and the only ones who went and had a proper conversation with him afterwards. Decent guy. Everybody else was kind of just stood around in this dark room looking like they had sticks rammed firmly up their asses - even for the upbeat songs - and generally had the vibe that they mostly hadn't left their basements for months.

Not sure what I expected from an ex-vapeywave artist tbqh

Does it count if I went to an anime convention rave with a friend?

We're not friends anymore, and that played a big role.

I'm not sure honestly. So many "le I'm so randomz XD" there.
Fuckin warped tour.

Oh definitely death grips

This. The show was great but I never wore my Death Grips shirt again after that.

I went to a Perturbator show
and for the first 7 songs, no one knew what to do since it's not really dance music.

some people were head banging, some shoe gazing and some girls were trying to groove to it

by the end though everyone was moshing and that's what really felt right.

Overall a great concert but quite a few neckbeards

nope

Elaborate? Love that band.

That means you were the austists

You know what, I really disagree with OP.

AnCo is the ONLY show ive been to in the city where the audience wasnt introverted cockbags

AnCo I actually got to talk with fans, the KNEW the songs, the albums, the artist. They didn't talk over the music. They danced to the music. They were friendly and I made some great acquaintances there.

so sure, call them autistic, but they were a hell of a lot more fun than anyone else I ever met

I saw this one Modest Mouse performance of Teeth Like God's Shoeshine where the crowd started cheering before the ending.

Or that one time when Swans was performing Oxygen at p4k fest. That was understandable though bc it was in 2013

perturbator in nyc was so weird last week

for me I guess. I felt SO out of place.

i expected the standard fare of 'hipsters' and stuff, but it was really neckbears, weirdos, normies and straight people

i came for an opening act that was super different than the brosynth that perturbator ended up playing. and the fucking Liturgy guy lol, i liked his weird solo stuff but the crowd wasnt feeling it. super rude, talking over his music

That's disappointing, Silver Apples is one of my favorite psych groups

They Might Be Giants.

They put on a great show, but their fanbase is fucking awful.

Kanye's Saint Pablo tour show had the worst crowd I've ever been in aside from Mac Demarco or Neutral Milk Hotel

Based on 's description, I'd say yes.

Man, Hunter truly is an under appreciated genius of our times. I feel for him.

How come?

Danny Brown and J Cole

yung lean, I was invited by a friend
the most autistic crowd for a band that I was an actual fan of was Andrew Jackson Jihad, and even then I met a cute guy wearing a Boards of Canada shirt at the show and their actual performance was GOAT

Japanese New Music Festival, just Acid Mothers Temple and Ruins playing in a bunch of combinations/solo
>guy dressed like super nerd from pokemon sitting in the front alone rocking the fuck out for the entire thing
>girl runs out crying and holding her ears during makoto solo
>most people just looked shocked through the entire night, may be they expected jpop