How much truth is there to this picture?

How much truth is there to this picture?

The albums aren't that accurate but that's probably because the image is bait

seems a little dated

mightve been truer in 2012

This is now considered a period piece it's dated as fuck

Also that Fleet Foxes album is great

Don't you dare, Sup Forums memes are timeless.

>Fleet Foxes
>great
"No."

replace the albums with Purpose, Major Key, Lemonade, TPAB, 1989 and the soundtrack to Drive and it's true.

Strangely enough, Urban Outfitters is cheaper then any of my local record stores, at least for new releases. Some albums go on sale even, I picked up the new Iceage album for $10, and A Love Supreme for $15, where as at my local record store both would have ran for over $20. Unfortunately the selection of albums is obviously all urbanoutfitters-core.

>Strangely enough, Urban Outfitters is cheaper then any of my local record stores, at least for new releases.

thats not fucking strange at all.

Who the fuck would buy DJ Khaled on vinyl

Reality is that it's very difficult to sell music today, especially so in physical format. Unless you're in a PRIME location, like Portland or Brooklyn, I would hazard a guess that each record a store stocks is a 2+ year investment of shelf space. If they don't sell up, they simply can't make money on the overhead costs.

Urban Outfitters, in contrast, stocks like 20-40 records at a time, and they are all hip best-sellers. No risk, they can sell for a lot less.

Find a flaw

not a fucking clue, but they sell it so someone must be buying it

>Iceage
>urbanoutfitters-core
I also saw The Powers That B the last time I was in an UO, that was unexpected but I guess UO is hipper/edgier than I tought

no, those are pretty spot on, just needs shit like Led Zeppelin IV in addition.

>tfw the best album in that chart might actually be that goofy ass Vampire Weekend debut
Zoinks!

Far more accurate

what (clap emoji) about (clap emoji) pet (clap emoji) sounds

Holy shit i though it would be difficult to make a chart of absolute garbage, but whoever did this actually pulled it.

taylor swift and beyonce are "too mainstream"

I didn't even see it holy SHHHHHHH
Aww why is Pet Sounds considered basic Crosley ho core that's not true at all

Honestly UO is cheaper than a lot of local record stores but it depends on where you live

What's Crosleycore

if it's displayed at the front of barnes and noble it's gonna get bought by Touch My Butt And Buy Me Pizza ass girls

>MGMT s/t
>Not Congratulations
Absolutely disgusting.

That said, I could probably get along with a girl who likes most of these. Would probably be willing to listen to things a little bit weirder. This list is 10% real cringe and 90% overhyped 6-7/10s. 6/10s are not even that bad.

I actually listen to some of these.

Should I off myself?

this

Nah there are many good albums there, such as Art angels and James Blake s/t. Even if you like some shitty music there's nothing wrong with liking some shitty music and the only people who have perfect taste are liars and posers anyways

damn, "touch my butt and buy me pizza" that shit is too true

did you see most of the bottom row

Can we please stop with the "Fleet Foxes are bad" meme.

Robin Pecknold is easily one of the best songwriters nowadays, and has an ear for melody and harmony that's basically unparalleled right now.

Also I'm calling it that the new album's gonna be a gamechanger. It's apparently gonna be like New Age Jazzy-Funk-Oceanfolk

How the fuck did DJ Khaled make so much money in the first place?

If what they stock in Barnes and Nobles and UO is any indication Pet Sounds should be replaced with "50 BEACH BOYS TOP HITS" and Ziggy Stardust with Blackstar or a greatest hits album

I can't understand why in the living fuck people buy best of records in this day and age. Movie soundtracks as well, like half the records at a Barnes and Noble are just fucking soundtracks. Absolutely pointless, none of them even have original compositions, it's all garbage

>Hmm, Ziggy Stardust, huh?
>Oh, I know one of these songs
>Back on the shelf it goes!

Versus

>Hmm, Best of Bowie, huh?
>Hey now, I know a solid half of these radio hits!
>Into my cart it goes!

People like what they know. Not saying it's right. But people like what they know.

Not at all. I love like 25% of the albums on this chart. Just because they're on here doesn't mean that they're bad at all. Just mainstream hipster stuff

>Crosleycore

I have yet to see a dumb normie gril wearing a Joy Division t-shirt IRL, so I guess I should be thankful.

Yes, all music is terrible.

mac doesn't deserve the hate 2bh

thisthisthisthisthis

it needs tame impala at least tho

>I can't understand why in the living fuck people buy best of records in this day and age
t. rockist

he definitely does. he makes the most bland formulaic music and he's so insufferable. i get that you probably think he's cool and might like his music but that doesnt change the fact that his music is extremely derivative

The bottom row is the most accurate

>seeking approval of an image board for autistic teenagers

crosley is a brand of cheap, crappy record players.

It isn't really a thing anymore. I used to see normie boys and girls wearing it all the time in the very late 00's-early 10's.

>none of them even have original compositions
What? What are you trying to say here? Are you saying that NO movie EVER made has an original song composed for it? What the fuck?

Great, now aging hipsters can jerk off something that's not the ever-boring Father John Misty.

Yeah, Mac and that formula! Everybody sounds like Mac! Ode to Viceroy? Hell, that could be anybody!

Not saying Mac is constantly breaking new ground, but what artist sounds like Mac DeMarco?

this

this tbqh

It's a fad. Most Sup Forumstants know this and think their way of proving they aren't just falling for a fad and have substance to their collection is by making fun of people like pic related all the time.

I unironically like every album on this list that I've listened to. (That said I've only heard like a fifth of them)

so real it hurts

Basically the entire bottom row is Sup Forumscore

Where does Sup Forums buy there vinyl from?