If you exclude irrelevant (women's) medals, Britain is top of the table

If you exclude irrelevant (women's) medals, Britain is top of the table.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_IX
biggestglobalsports.com/calculation-method/4581015470
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's cause the US funnel all the men into real sports, where you basically just take all the guys who can't do anything else and teach them povertyball

there's way too many cycling events tbhwy, needs to be cut in half at least

The difference between the individual cycling sprint and the team cycling sprint is twenty times greater than the differences between any two swimming events. If anything, there should be more cycling events. Each omnium event should also be a standalone event as well, it happens with the decathlon/heptathlon so cycling shouldn't be treated any differently.

Bump, raising awareness.

>Ameriboobs

There are 10 cycling medals and 34 swimming medals you retard

>rowey-boaty
>sit-and-ridey

Why do bongs non-ironically train at childhood hobbies? These are means of transportation, not sports kek what will bongistan think of next

straight in the folder

it's another british if you take away x from america we have more medals thread

But women literally aren't allowed to compete in men's events, so men's events are sexist and not simply the best talent all round too.

Yes I know it's 1 in 100 male athletes who are worse than female ones, rather than 99 in 100 female athletes who aren't good enough to compete alongside men. But still.

So mixed sports are the only ones that should count on those grounds.

>per gender
whats next?
per religion?

Fuck off. If we had our way hulahoop and skipping would be Olympic sports. But guess we just have to have a few dozen more kinds of swimming instead...

>literally pretending women's medals are equal to mens
There should be a special Olympics just for women, so that anyone who only cares about serious sports can skip the whole thing.

damn feels good

we're basically #1 nobody cares about womens sport in Sup Forums

Women should compete exclusively in the Paralympics since it is undeniably a disability to be female.

>If you apply this selectively chosen criteria that makes the US have fewer medals than us, you find the US has fewer medals than us

>muh waterslap
>muh nigger medals
>muh womyn sports
>muh irrelevant sports
>muh per capita

Every. Single. Day.

Lads why does it say Mark 'Seouless' Cavendish won a gold in the team pursuit?

if usa women wins a world cup nobody on Sup Forums cares

if the male team win the world cup then its crazy

it isnt some weird rare absurd criteria its :^)

>Buttblasted Bongs: Olympics Edition

I genuinely look forward to waking up and seeing what new PER you lads come up with every day, top kekkles

what about traps?

>strawman

I'd estimate that 90% of heterosexual men here don't give a fuck about the Olympics, especially the nine million permuations of swimming

If you only count the relevant sports (javelin and women's 60kg boxing), Finland might win the olympics. Nice "countries" you have there, rest of the world.

wtf do heterosexual men have to do with anything?

>relevant sports
>women's

>If you exclude any category of event or events that I arbitrarily deem irrelevant, the medal count can be freely manipulated to make me feel better about myself and my country

Huh, really makes you think. Anyhoo, stay obsessed®

Mentally handicapped people have the Special Olympics.

All of a sudden America cares about women's sports, huh

Maybe they should get equal pay after all

being a woman is a mental and physical handicap tho...

Per conspiracy theorist was in the works but magically progress on that had been stopped

I blame the CIA

I agree, it's embarrassing OP

but the olympics really are more of a women's thing here, just like soccer. Surely you've seen the threads about NBC and the majority audience being women who just want to watch storylines etc

anyway, it is true also that our male athletes have more sports to choose from. not just that, but basketball and especially certain positions in football are all about raw athleticism (whether it's speed, strength, power depends on the position also). Soccer, cricket, rugby (also baseball, hockey) are more about skill and/or endurance, which isn't really directly transferable to most of the olympics, no one's going to beat the east africans at endurance anyway. But if our best and strongest football players did sprinting and field events they'd probably do very well.

also title IX. for every one of the 100 football players (and most of the best male athletes) on a college program they have to give a scholarship to some female runner or swimmer or some shit.

we care about the big 4 sports, maybe soccer

gays and women love pretending to care about the olympics/fit in

>also title IX. for every one of the 100 football players (and most of the best male athletes) on a college program they have to give a scholarship to some female runner or swimmer or some shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_IX
>No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.

No discrimination should mean no gender-based scholarships.

Women win almost all of china's medals. No wonder they're gagging for the big white cock.

>and the majority audience being women who just want to watch storylines etc
pathetic. scrap the olympics.

>we care about the big 4 sports
Football, cricket, hockey and tennis?

I need to learn how cricket works, some sri lankan co-workers play it and it looks fun.
Seems more complicated than calculus to me though.

>soccer

Seems right

>cricket

Punjabs, yeah

>tennis

I can see that

>field hockey

Actually refuse to believe that one

How the fuck has field hockey got 2 billion fans?

>Guy throws the ball
>Other guy hits the ball with a stick
>Fielders put their tea down and fetch the ball
>Repeat for literally 4-5 days

>field hockey is often referenced in the top 5 largest global sports based on fans (because of India), despite India's fans not being able to support a full professional league, whilst the world's best field hockey players earn less in a year than some other sportsmen do in a day. So much for 2 billion fans!
biggestglobalsports.com/calculation-method/4581015470

would like to see a top sports rankings with the streetshitters and beanbags not being taken into account

I would like to see most popular sports with BSA meme sports taken out of consideration

If you exclude undesirable (Muslim) citizens, London becomes a ghost town.

Is there a country more irrelevant than the US?

All their '''sport''' """"world""" series are just American teams vs eachother

So irrelevant no one else even wants to play them

butthurt non-american general

winners of the nba, nfl, and mlb championships ARE world champions though. those sports are biggest in america and you wouldn't be able to assemble a team better than the champions of that league. side note: i think every kiwi post i have ever seen on Sup Forums has been buttblasted about america. whats up with that?

Bane?

That's like calling the Hawthorn Hawks the Aussie Rules Football WORLD CHAMPIONS.

While they may be the best team in the world, theh can hardly call themselves a world champion if no other countries compete.

but other countries do compete by sending all of their best players to us.

tad embarrassed for you lad

You also get the occasional non Australian playing Aussie Rules Football, still doesn't make it an international sport.

you're switching the argument now. btw both basketbal and baseball are international sports :)

Can't y'all actually get fined or thrown in jail for saying things like this in GB?

>men's team sports
>USA KTFO early/didn't even qualify
>women's team sports
>USA one of the favorites

I somewhat blame Title IX for this. We should definitely have at least some reserve reserve athletes to beat the reserve reserve athletes of other countries.

What, are you like sexist? Not cool man