Cast the upcoming Witcher movie

Cast the upcoming Witcher movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=264nb9wX0Qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mads Mikkelsen as Eskel.
The aunt from Jurassic world as Triss.

She might not be as pretty as Yennefer should be but acting is more important and she could nail that role.

obviously idris elba as geralt

triss merigold

ciri

No. Triss is supposed to be very young.

too old both of them

Geralt is over 100 years old, and his hear is grey (because of the mutations taking hold more strongly than in other witchers), but he moves and looks like a guy in his 30's

all the sorceresses look like women (not girls) and should probably be in their late 20's or early 30's depending on how well they've aged

i'd prefer reasonably unknown actors though, so that they can spend the budget on sets and CGI and all that crap that makes stuff look good

i wouldn't mind seeing Anson Mount (from Hell on Wheels) as Geralt, he's a bit old too though at 43

uma

I hope they cast an asian for Triss or Yennifer just to trigger /t/v/

C R I N G E
R
I
N
G
E

CIRI ISN'T CANON!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Yen and Triss, Ciri are most uninteresting part of the witcher if I were the director of witcher film I would exclude them completly and focus on Geralt and his folks

>SNL korea

wat

Nah, 40 would be perfect for geralt. His mutations slow aging, they don't remove it.

Uma wouldn't be in the movie. It will be based on the books.

What are you on about?

yeah i'm just thinking of the physical exertion required of the actor, i'd prefer it if whoever plays Geralt can perform a lot of his own stunts and combat shit so we don't get a bunch of shaky cam and stuntmen, 40-ish should be fine though

The first one can be the plebby wild hunt movie with ciri-sue to rope in the normies and the next movie they'll do a prequel about foltest and roche and djiekstra and all the actually interesting characters and how geralt meets them.

Obviously Brendan Gleeson for the baron

Leave my vidya untouched you mongols.

Yen

What are you faggots talking about? The books are about Geralt and Ciri.

Radovid

first movie should establish the main character and the universe, i'd rather they leave the wild hunt, ciri, yen and triss out of it for now

actually what i really want is a long running series, either on HBO, Netflix or Amazon (to avoid censorship), but then you really have to take actors age into account

>leave my books untouched
doesn't work like that.

>not Johnny the Godling

Water Hag or Grave Hag, Jessica was born to play these roles.

they have a SNL there.
youtube.com/watch?v=264nb9wX0Qo

lmao

Im not the autie that reeeed, redirect your anger fämaläm

Perfect.
kek

If this actually goes ahead, you know Wild Hunt will be the "big bad" of the trilogy, and slowly built up through small lines and teases here and there.

I think generally, 3 two hour movies could do pretty well to build the core stories of each game but I agree id rather see an HBO or Amazon series.

whoa, hey guys. welcome to eb games.

fix your goddamn sword fuckwit

OK MISTER U GOT A FAIR POINT THERE POINTING OUT MY HYPOCRISY

but regardless there've been so many bad 'videogame' and 'fantasy novel' adaptations that I do not wish that to happen

I fear the day when Hollywood adapts GENE WOLFE novel.

But Yennefer is in the first book and is a pretty big part of the short stories and their relationship makes Geralt more human and relatable. I do however agree that they should wait with introducing Triss and Ciri.

Gaunter O'Dimm

Honestly though, she'd be a good Godling. Secondly, I wonder what goes through your mind as an actor, if asked to play that role.

Geralt

Bonhart coming through

when did user get so good at casting

Olgierd von Everec

You're a boring cuntface.

this is actually really good.

Why does Sup Forums make this thread every fucking day?

yeah, if they get a series going we could have monster of the week stuff and fantastic adventures, that stuff is way more interesting to me than the wild hunt and the family drama

to me the witcher universe is better and more promising than its characters, we've already experienced Geralt's story

Young Geralt could be cool, a long running show that leads up to the books and how he gained fame and renown

They don't?

Is that David Beckham

WE WUZ WITCHERS UND SHIIEET

>Canon: Cat-like eyes, white hair and very clever. White skin was never specified. Sapowski loves black Geralt

WE

>dat voice though

Seriously, video game adaptations are never good and the story in the book is much more fitting and better for a movie adaptation

I see 'who would you cast in the witcher' all the damn time.

wild hunts are boring shit

Yeah that would be ideal.

fuck the wildhunt. Vilgeforts and bonhart are much better villains.

Did you expect these fat fuck Americans with no taste on Sup Forums to know anything beyond the videogames? Americans are so fat they don't even know their own as

The witcher universe isn't that special, it's all about the characters.

Kerry washington as triss mericoal make it happen.

>The witcher universe isn't that special

it's true typical slavic dark fantasy world

>ingame face was actually modelled after Beckham

It really isn't. The novels are all mediocre. You must be a terrible pleb if you value 'muh characters' and 'plot' that much over the quality of prose.

Tolkien is one that hits both notes.

>hiring Mikkelsen would cost more than the budget of the entire movie

Cave troll

Rock troll
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yen USED to be a deformed hunchback user. USED to be.

It is not. Generic tolkien world with science. Wizards that knows about DNA, ridiculous

unless you're actually polish, you can't judge the quality of the writing besides "muh characters". Fuck off.

Nothing to do with Tolkien's world though, other than legacy tropes.

emhyr van emreis

what's the last hollywood big budget film that had that tho?

Yeah you can unless the translator did hackjob.

If you can't afford Mads, what's the point?

>You must be a terrible pleb if you value 'muh characters' and 'plot' that much over the quality of prose

wtf, i've been saying the exact opposite, that the characters and plot aren't that interesting, but the world has amazing potential for original stories

a lot of the "monsters" are pretty original though, atleast to the most of us, there's no "Orcs", or a common enemy or a "big bad", doesn't feel like a Tolkien world at all tbqh

Done

>Geralt of Rivia! I'm Redanian army.
>And Novigrad! I shuposhe... that'sh off the table ashwell!

every sorceress used to be really ugly. Sorceresses don't really contribute to the family since they take up a new identities. They only send you away to become a sorceress if you're too ugly to get married.

Would obviously be played by Charles Dance.

I would agree with casting the God Emperor but he really sucks at acting.

>but the world has amazing potential for original stories
No that's the pleb argument about 'muh worldbuilding', goes in the same trash bin with 'muh character moments, muh plot' it's like plebs think TV series is good 'because character moments' or Avengers capeshit when they have absolutely shit directing, cinematography (in novels, prose)

they have magic, faggot. Imagine how much easier experiments would be if you didn't even need to follow the laws of nature.

>implying that a lot doesn't get lost in translation no matter how good the translator is

The first translation already happens when the writer writes it on the paper since language and brains are limited in what they can express and do.

So unless the translator did a hackjob, you can judge it.

oh, you're retarded, why didn't you just say so

jesus fucking christ.

The movie will be an adaptation based off the short stories in The Last Wish book, it has nothing to do with the games.

So basically, cast characters only seen in that book.

what was his goddamn problem? and who was he? litreal devil?

so, basically your argument is that it's already been translated and a lot already got lost so it doesn't matter if you translate it again.

Cast him.

this.

Unless the translator did a hackjob.

Of course this sort of retarded argument (meaning yours, since your reading comprehension seems to be lacking) comes only from those people that generally don't read novels except the 1-2 pleb things they read (like their fantasy novels)

didnt they already fuck up any chances of a movie ever happening with the tv series?

Gaunter O'Dimm aka GOD.
But probably just the devil, evil incarnate.

Good. Witcher is at its best when Geralt is alone or adventuring with his lads. First one had plenty of that if I remember right.

his design in the game is weird as hell.

You are ....Immortal?

The book was written in Polish, it's obvious that somethings can't be replicated in other languages. Do you only speak one language or are you just retarded?

who will be Roach?