/prod/ ~ Music Production GENERAL

Old one almost 3hunna
>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors
mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go torizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client herehexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP: posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a Soundcloudlink is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/q5j1zgnd
clyp.it/auf2a5mb
clyp.it/tc2lksh1
youtube.com/watch?v=EGi8Ipp0wlY
clyp.it/4kan4m2l
clyp.it/2d0j4ncc
youtube.com/watch?v=e-fE5eCXN0Y
clyp.it/p5zvxphf
sweetwater.com/store/detail/System500-CS
soundcloud.com/noeq
clyp.it/fnkylwpd
clyp.it/k3py51gt
clyp.it/defuxzlj
clyp.it/ogvmnssg
mediafire.com/?u2h2pwrx887ufem
clyp.it/zeawdapq
clyp.it/5tvhnn35
clyp.it/2kxdrgyi
clyp.it/jc1fuh1l
clyp.it/psqudief
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well?

clyp.it/q5j1zgnd

>Old one almost 3hunna

Every time I get a device or plugin I read the manual in extremely close detail. I always find that it doesn't explain everything in depth and it assumes pre-existing knowledge on the user's part in a few areas.

Can anyone recommend me some books that get into every nook and cranny of mixing tools? Ones that teach not just the basic concepts but also explain idiosyncrasies and tricks etc

first time using a sample

not entirely finished, needs more details

what do you guys think tho?

how's the mixing?

clyp.it/auf2a5mb
clyp.it/auf2a5mb
clyp.it/auf2a5mb

throwing some underground deep house vibes
clyp.it/tc2lksh1

should I finish this?

this is good. the sampling is kind of iffy from the middle part onwards

the samples are off key, giving a very dissonant feeling.

I just watch youtube tutorials on the devices I buy. I learn a lot of stuff that is not covered in the manual

i mean i get that it sort of lulls in the middle but what's wrong with the sampling near the end?

youtube.com/watch?v=EGi8Ipp0wlY

372 plays in 1 day

>372 plays in 1 day

because you spam your shit in this thread every fucking day

you're supposed to use clyp

gonna upload something on clyp hold up

>the samples are off key, giving a very dissonant feeling.

how can i change them so they are in key?

gonna do grain and pitch effects with trumpet
also process audio with other fx

I got a dude wanting to buy a couple of beats from me. What do you guys think I should charge for them?

clyp.it/4kan4m2l
clyp.it/2d0j4ncc

First, identify the key to your track. Check out busy works for this, they have a vid.
Then fine tune your sample's pitch manually until its in key

Bitwig 2.0 looking p good

youtube.com/watch?v=e-fE5eCXN0Y

clyp.it/p5zvxphf

Humbly requesting anyone who is good with microphones. Not sure if it's apparent in the clyp but I can't figure out volume levels for guitar. Too high gives me horrible innate whitenoise and background static. Just a hair under max gain gives me this volume, still with static. I'm not sure if my equipment or set up is causing it.

dat qt Bitwig rep.

i really would like to get the roland 500 modular but ive never used a modular synth and wanted to know what sequencer youd reccomend for it, i figured i might get it and play around with learnibg how to make patches even though it would just be trial and error of connecting the modules
any advice on a good cv sequencer and is it stupid to buy this if ive never made a patch on a modular setup?
also this is the synth sweetwater.com/store/detail/System500-CS

soundcloud.com/noeq

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know if the 48v Phantom Power on the Scarlett 2i4 is on both inputs or only 1? I'm just wondering because theres only 48v button and its on the right.

modulars aren't hard to use

just get some expert sleepers kit to integrate it with your DAW

do i have to have a cv sequencer to hear what a patch sounds like though? like on a keyboard if i dobt have any keys pressed i can hear what my synth patch sounds like

I'm thinking of getting this.
Good idea?

you can turn up vca initial gain to hear it drone retrigger the envelopes with an lfo to the envelope gate input probably

this thread isn't for promoting your music, it's for feedback on the production lad

He's gearspammer level autistic, ignore all posts by him.

Filtered :)

Something I've been working on. What do you lads think?

>Darkpsy, Forest
clyp.it/fnkylwpd

Sounds good. I'm a sucker for bird samples.

It's good but repetitive, even for the style you're going for.

Price according to how much he will make from it.

Can someone help me out on whether it's worth shelling out for a used DX7 or DX Reface over the Volca FM synth?

What parameters would I be missing out on?
How much juice/sound variety could I squeeze out of the Volca compared to the classic synth itself?

>be me
>recording in bedroom "studio"
>things are going great
>halfway through my doge starts howling and he ruins everything

just stop these threads, literally babys first beat every single one of you. its laughable.

What are your levels recording at when you hit the DAW?

If the bulk of the signal (usually the "inner green" part) is hovering around -18dbfs, you should be fine. You should have your microphone input gain set at a point that gives you a signal reading that hovers around -18 on the DAW when you play. If this requires so much input gain that you hear noise, back it off and record the loudest signal you can without noise. You can always make the signal louder with gain plugins, compression, and layering. Just try playing at a volume that gives you a strong -18dbfs signal and you should be fine. There really isn't a benefit to recording hotter than that--you just introduce noise and potential clipping on peaks.

this. Just give up guys, If your technical skills aren't on par with professionals within 1 year just give up.

>tfw you realize most producers known for their sound design are actually talentless hacks who use a synth from a company that has zero marketing. Keep lining the pockets of NI and Xfer though good goyim.

And no, I'm not mentioning the synth.

>70472538
>clyp.it/tc2lksh1
Add chords at the at like the :35 mark. It sounds like a loop.

>70473091
>clyp.it/4kan4m2l
>clyp.it/2d0j4ncc

Give them away for free and make something better

>Give them away for free and make something better
Damn. Ouch.

>clyp.it/4kan4m2l
>Give them away for free and make something better

this. or consider suicide

certainly gives off the oldschool deep house vibes. not intresting enough on its own though.

fucking terrible

It's omnisphere

>its more beautiful, happier
watch out. people might call it a kiddie daw soon.

>NI and Xfer though good goyim.
>It's omnisphere

??????

clyp.it/k3py51gt

I really like this track I made a while ago, opinons?

Why do so many of you guys like Abelton? Session View is a useless meme. Just use Fl Studio Logic or Protools.

Why do people say Reason is shit? Do they just not want to read the manual and do everything through dragging audio around?

clyp.it/defuxzlj
does anyone think this has promise? I know a lot of it is just objectively kind of fucked up as is,
this was done in the middle of the night when super high and i totally forgot existed until i stumbled upon it today and adjusted it a little bit

>trippy
>hip-hop
>trap
>electronic
>piano improv
>dont really know what to call it, just stupid trippy shit

nice digits but ur fucking wrong lol. Everyone uses omnisphere.

FL12 is the shit

Did you find a preset on something that sounded a bit like a song then typed that bullshit out and posted no proof because ppl would say you were autistic

Maybe you should stop getting high user, it obviously isn't helping with your music production.

Exactly, my main problem is with Abelton. Just seems like people use it just to be different rather it providing anything useful. The piano roll sucks and it takes many steps to do something that's easily done in fl 12.

Nope, contrary to babbie belief on here, there are more synths than sylenth1, serum and massive.

It's completely organic, it doesn't sample anything but sounds so real and life like.

r8 my song i'm working on?
clyp.it/ogvmnssg

lol ok thanks man

sounds like you're talking to yourself about some bullshit, because you're stupid

before fl12, I always felt inferior (used fl9, then 10 for a good while). but I actually feel like I'm using a real (not to say fl was never "real" but u get me) daw with 12 if you know what I mean

5/10, would be strong 6 if not for the crazy clipping all over the place, unless that's like the A E S T H E T I C you were going for or some shit, but it sounds really fucked up
but u could mix/master it better and i think it would be pretty cool

Reason is a groovebox on steroids why don't people get this

how's this for production?

thats like asking if you should use a ceiling fan for mowing your lawn.

it's really that bad?

i have no idea, but since you can make beats with your fucking phone these days youll do just fine with that thing.

Anything by Apple is going to be overpriced for what you get with it.

What would you use then? An ultrabook?

hey /prod/

just started my latest foray into production a few weeks ago and was wondering if anyone had any tips for making a good drum'n'bass hihat roll?

I can never seem to get mine to sound good, i just don't have any sense for rhythm in a music program.

Is it easier just to hook up a keyboard via midi and let one flow from the fingertips or is there a better means of doing it?

Yeah. Download the Amen break sample and put it in a slicer. Problem solved.

I mean i guess but that just feels so 1992

I've kind of been having fun just hand crafting shit, even if its pretentious garbage that sounds like ass

I'm just hoping that I keep having fun with it and maybe get to a point where I feel like sharing some of this trite

What's the most no nonsense daw for a Windows user?

ableton

Posted in the wrong thread.

Download Ohmicide too. Put it on the Amen break and fuck around with it. Trust me. Ohmicide takes some getting used to though.

Here. This should get you started.

mediafire.com/?u2h2pwrx887ufem

something with a fast processor and lots of RAM. my pc has 16GB of RAM

are any of these worth finishing :^)

clyp.it/zeawdapq
clyp.it/5tvhnn35
clyp.it/2kxdrgyi
clyp.it/jc1fuh1l

I bought an SM57 yesterday to start recording my guitar amp.

My amp does not have reverb on it, how can I add reverb to the microphone itself? Should I run it into a pedal before it connects to the interface or use DAW reverb? Theres no effects loop on the amp so I'm not going to use a pedal with that.

i highly recommend this. i have 8gb ram on my pc and all hell unleashes when i have more than a single instance of serum running at the same time with more than 9 voices per.

You probably have a shit CPU because I have 8GB RAM too and occasionally have over 10 instances on Serum running in my project.

i5 4670k

ive no problems with using multiple serum, its just that if i use multiple instances with 16 voices on A and B i fuck myself over.

but i usually run my google chrome on the background so could be that too.

Does anyone have a good guide about getting music with samples cleared by the copyright owners?

>2 upcoming songs
>first song uses samples from an old RnB song
>second song uses samples from a movie

could understand if user was using some non clyp music sharing site that sucks but youtube is pretty handy.

>can play the song in the actual thread by clicking on "embed"

you only have to pay NI and Xfer if you actually tell the world what you are using.

>clearing your samples
why tho

the off chance that i get a record deal

it would be easier and most cost effective to just give those songs away for free/promo

thats the plan... my fear is that they will find it and jew away my youtube ad revenue.

>promotion
>making profit

choose one retard

plenty of musicians have made livings off uncleared samplings. four tet, burial, any plunderphonics artist, probably flylo, maybe doom, etc.

except major labels don't take risks like that...

but youtube does both you silly nigger

Are there any cheap synthesizers like the microbrute that are POLYPHONIC?

The microbrute would be perfect if it wasn't mono

>tfw you just downloaded 7000 more presets for your synth today

>presets
disgusting

Is that an early invention of the lathe?
This

Alesis Micron

>sounds so real and life like
well Serum is literally the most "life like" softsynth in existence, so you must be baiting

1100 plays in one day

also just created my best track again
gonna upload

I know this is more of a DJ thing but what is your opinion about NIs Stems format for Traktor?

Is it the future of DJing or just some fad NI came up with to get market share?

Well the trend is making things simpler for plebs. Soon mastering and eventually mixing will be automated

Do you guys think I'll make it?

clyp.it/psqudief