Which is more cringeworthy; rockism or poptimism?

Which is more cringeworthy; rockism or poptimism?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/popheads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Either person who feels more biased towards one side is just going to say the other

rockism

Neither of those terms mean anything.

If you listen to "genres" instead of music, then you're doing it wrong.

you obviously have no idea what either of those terms mean

who the fuck would make up that t shirt?

To anyone who actually enjoys music, they don't and shouldn't.

Rockists because at least poptimists try to listen to more than just one genre.

As with so, so many things cunty writers concern themselves with, it's a false-binary.

rockists try thier best to infect every genre

no one can even give a straight definition on what "rockism" is. like i bet i'm gonna get 3 different answets to this post

kys. They're social music trends not genres. Understanding semantics and culture doesn't impair your ability to enjoy music.

>Understanding semantics and culture

Fuck both of these things.

Culture doesn't matter, what matters is sound.

danny dorito

both

Poptimism because of the sheer amount of shitty music those people overrate. I mean there's good pop music out there but poptimists defend some of the worst of it.

Just look at how embarrassing this sub reddit is
reddit.com/r/popheads/

Grime-isn't-rap-ism
Final answer.

spbp

rockists merely for the fact that they are all pitifully miserable

I totally agree that sound and composition are far and above the most important.

That doesn't mean culture isn't important to understand. We don't live in a bubble. The music didn't come from a void. Nothing is "timeless". In someway culture is reflected in the music and understanding that --->>>in no way impairs your ability to judge it or enjoy it

Poptimist are the contrarians-contrarian.I always find it funny how they get upset with people who dismiss any modern music because they don't really explore much but they will shit on anything that can be consider old just because.

only in a very basic way. Most music sounds either like shit, or all the same.
I mean I can certainly listen to varied music, but most of it will be excruciating.
And I can certainly bob my head to Russian hardbass (aka the only interesting kind of music) playing in a 12-min loop for 15 hours but after 16 hours I might get bored.

The only way to add novelty to this is to create a culture around it, to give each album little aesthetic and cultural seasonings to spice it up. Lyrics being an obvious way to do that.
It matters whether my Russian hardbass is about dealing narkotiki in dikotiekia, or about skipping skola to tantsui with the gops, because the aesthetic value is different.

Do poptimists not like shit like Beach Boys.
We really ought to define these terms for a proper discussion.

>Culture doesn't matter, what matters is sound.
At least somebody gets it..
>Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life

poptimism isn't usually cringey it's basic bitch-dom but not cringe

google search rockism and get the definition lol there are plenty of words that could get you multiple variations of a central definition but it doesn't mean they can't be defined sometimes in multiple ways

>cringey-cringe
not making a good case for poptimism here, Brendan.

this was a grammatical mess but you know what i mean i think

Some of them do but it always seems inconsistent what they will like. I guess if its circlejerked enough on Sup Forums then it gets a pass for some reason.

basic bitchery is distinctly separate from what is typically categorized as cringey

I say that because the Beach Boys are pop. You claimed they will dismiss music because it is old, but this isnt even the case since poptimists probably like the beatles and
>the fact that...

no, but using the word "cringey" is extremely embarrassing/laughable/risible/ridiculous/awkward/tacky

I find that quote offensively inaccurate and at odds with my worldview.

Seeing his beard always makes me irrationally furious

I did say inconsistent. There is always exceptions for mainly Sup Forumscore.
>the fact that...
Its funny that most of the time I really can't tell whether they actually agree with him on this or not. The Beetles is in the between point of whether they consider it "dad rock" or not.

Likely because your worldview is fucking full of blind eye elitism and faggotry. Faggot. Furthermore, you're a faggot.

this but unironically

b a i t t a k e n

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO

le epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xP

tfw no gf xD ayy lmao! :p

upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen le real men have class xD real human bean!!1 dae cake is a lie lel epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p for YOU!! :DDD XD we r anonymous >:D lol DOGE111 so ebin much le1, for the lulz!! xD le upvote for you :) just epic, simply epin ROFLMAOCOPTER BBQ :o WE ESPORTS NOW :DDDDDDDDD, did u waifu?

le dae EXPLODIN KNEES PUDDI!!!! le epic oldfag here, ama :D, 5get or faget? keke ebin… SHOOP LE WHOOP :D XDDDDD, here have an upboat, lelele so much ebin 420 smoke weed!!!!!11 dae le trees? :D le tree blaze ftw! epic memes, us gamers huh!? >:) tips fedora, le any1 athiest? SJW EBIN WOW memez? RAISE UR DONGERS! 8D YTMD :))))))))

EPIC PWNAGE!………… CUPCAKES (im so randum :) dae la lets players!!! BROFIST :dd dae feel ? le sad frog faec. IM CIA, dae BANE!? PRO TIP: FOR YOU XDddd!!!11 le dubs goy! hehehehada dh…. twitch general /twitch/ @:=] kappa :D

le maymay arrow is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee : BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit : rips a bong AHHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M E

Why put in so much effort just to shitpost?

good post

Post of the year 2017, and we're only in January. Include me in the screencap.

shitpost of the week

People who don't like country

rockism is stupid, poptimism is merely annoying

pfft fuckin' newfags

Former rockist here - the worst rockists are fucking insufferable because they absolutely refuse to drop the 'REAL MUSIC IS PLAYED ON INSTRUMENTS' pretense. They care so much more about the perceived talent of their favourite musicians rather than any feeling the music generates.

who is this fucking guy?

Is Parker more of a rockist or poptimist? Whatever he is is cringier.

i have no idea what those words are supposed to mean