Why is the white house so small?

Always thought it was huge, but its only 12 windows long and 2 floors. Youd expect americans would have the biggest and most impressive official residence out there.

You live like shit while you're in the white house, its not just the accommodations. Thats why Presidents ALWAYS are ready to return to their previous lives.

Actually it's great

>"The White House has a total of 132 rooms. This includes: 35 bathrooms, 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, and 3 elevators."

>tfw America copies your Presidential residence but makes a shitty poverty version of it

it's a little more than 2 floors lol
all the support staff is underground plus huge tunnel complex connecting all the big government buildings

don't trust the facade

It should be smaller

> Classified

mmmm

You're forgetting about the east and west Wings
Also there is secretly a third story on top.

Does the White House have a sick pool?

It was designed by an Irish immigrant, he probably took inspiration from Ireland's

Used to have a really cool one. Then it got converted into the fucking press room.

But why is it a chode? Can't America afford A E S T H E T I C S ?

same pool some time in the 60's

Garish as fuck. I'm guessing this was Kennedy?

Either him or Johnson, my guess is Kennedy though.
We still have this one though. The outdoor one with the "cabana"

>anacostia
>secret connection to nig town
lel never ever get out of the secret subway there

We did, and we shoved it at the Capitol Building

Admittedly when we made them the US was still relatively poor

Obama put in a basketball court.

We thought about making it bigger100 years ago, then decided fuck it let's just build the west wing. There's also the original executive palace plan. I'll see if I can dig up the sketch.

Looks badass. Hope Trump goes through with this.

Does this number already includes the west wing?

nixon bowling alley

Pretty sure that's just the executive residence.

Here's a rejected design

I dread to think what Trump will add.

Is there a law that would prohibit him to remodel the thing into a tower?

Trump actually wants to build a big ball room so we don't have to deal with tents anymore.

looks tacky, glad no one have ever gone through with it.

I like the way it looks now, simple and clean. Nothing excessive.

WE WUZ ROMANZ

every renovation must be passed by a board that's independent of the executive branch

IMAGINE

That's a surprisingly practical idea.
Execution is going to be atrocious though if he has any say in the design.

Who decorated the Oval Office better:
Obama (1/2)

Trump (2/2)

Who else used to think this was the white house?

Kinda sort of true, You can get away with a lot. For example FDR put in a mini-kitchen on the third floor, and no one said a damn thing about Obama's basketball court.

Here's the movie theater.

not much real difference once you remove the lighting as a factor

also holy fuck is that a gorgeous desk or what

Trump: bowl of fresh, delicious fruit

Obama: dirty cigarette ashtray

Really says it all

Me tbqh senpai. I blame independence day movie.

That's initial his is already being fucked around with. Example Churchill bust on the left chest of drawers. Statue of liberty arm replaced with Andrew Jackson portrait.

In other cool shit we used to have. There was a presidential Yacht till the 50's

cause there is nothing wrong with mini kitchen or court lol

I always thought that the congress was the white house.

>the President's house is a 1.5 million square foot building

Here's another cool one. Mar largo was built with the intention of it being an executive residence and was donating to the government upon its builders death. In 1985 we gave it back to the builder's estate. Eventually it ended up the hand of Donald J Trump. I guess the builder got their wish, sort of.

It's more that you get a good amount of leeway without people having to approve is the point I'm trying to make.

It's a big country.

Haha we get it Americans are fat now SHUT UP

There's camp David which is huge

Sweet, the president's got a winter dacha.
This is Putin's winter palace

This is the white house office complex

That's pretty damn sweet.

this is where our president lives, pretty lame t bh

Our President is literally dictator tier

What are you on about?

It's a fine manor

The wallpaper in these are both leftover from the previous president.

Why shouldn't POTUS sit on a throne?
He straddles the world.

just like the brits straddle your pathetic excuse for a country

The White House was totally gutted and rebuilt from the inside out when Truman was president because it had become dilapidated to the point of being a safety hazard. The wooden floor and support beams were all replaced with steel ones and only the sandstone outer walls were retained.

SMALL

Read about the Palace of Versailles. It was strictly for looks and was actually quite awful to live in. Louis XIV spent most of his time in a residence on the outskirts of the palace.

I still confuse it with the White House sometimes

Because the entire point of a President is that he is elected by the people in a democracy. A throne implies power by right of birth.

A funny thing happened here in Australia recently. Our parliament building was specifically designed to have grass over the top that the public can walk on, a symbol to remind parliament that they are not above the voters, that they work for us. But because of a recent ~security threat~ parliament voted to ban the public from being allowed to walk on the grass. Parliament used it's power to ban the public from walking over them, destroying that symbolism. Really fires those neurons...

he sure tries to live up to the image

I know, it would be absolutely glorious.

>letting plebian scums walk above patricians, even symbolically
this is how you get communist revolutions

On the left is Buckingham Palace, home of our head of state, on the right is Gorffwysfa (Welsh word meaning resting place), home of the Prime Minister.

This is where our president lives

That's bullshit justification

regards bullshitfrog's

Then again grass is usually something sheep graze on, rest your neurons on that analogy :DDD

>Then again grass is usually something sheep graze on, rest your neurons on that analogy :DDD

This is why no one takes you seriously.

The first president lived here, in Banski dvori (literally Viceroy's court), but to the one from the previous pic related.

Bit of a downgrade 2bh

>>anacostia
>>secret connection to nig town

Is there still a ghetto directly to the east of downtown DC? Bill Clinton was still president when I was in that city and back then it was very easy for a naive Canadian teenager to accidentally wander into the wrong part of town.

How often do the presidents actually sit here?

>Our parliament building was specifically designed to have grass over the top that the public can walk on, a symbol to remind parliament that they are not above the voters
That's a very elegant symbolism desu

I agree, it's a pity it isn't seen as important to guarantee the symbolism remains.

That parliament building looks like shit famalam

It does. It's ugly af.

It seems like anything the President wats to do has to be approved by the 2 houses
What CAN he do alone other than the veto? The position doesn't seem as powerful as it's regarded

Have you missed where he has signed 11 executive orders so far?

We are talking preservation if an historic building, nothing more. IMHO a large part of the building's beauty and elegance is it's simple and almost underwhelming, it does actually look like a house, not a palace, a fortress or an office building.

As for how powerful the POTUS is we have a saying about our own president which may aply "The president has enormous power to do evil, very little to do good"

>beauty and elegance in simplicity
You know, this isn't a thing New Worlders are really famous for?

What are you trying to say?

Reducing you to an internet stereotype? What else.

I more meant your English

Don't ask a question if you're making a statement

You know how when you see the United Arab Emirates building islands, and gold domed 6 gorillion star hotels, and the tallest building in the world, and indoor ski mountains, etc and then you think to yourself, yeah, sure they have money but it's still a shithole built on slavery and all that nonsense is overcompensating kitschy rubbish lacking in class or culture.
That's how the rest of the world had seen America for about 200 years now.

> when we made them the US was still relatively poor
This.

The Whitehouse was constructed during George Washington's lifetime, when the US was still a rebel state in the backwoods of the civilised world.

It would be odd that the Whitehouse isn't a peasant's mansion. In Europe at the time Kings and Dukes lived in houses much larger and much grander.

At the time, King George was living in this behemoth, whilst the young Republic erected what would appear as a townhouse in its presence.

The United States were young, feeble, visionary. Not the Goliath we know today, and they only won their independence because the French Navy sunk British ships carrying the world's mightiest fighting force.

Wow, I truly see at last
Thank you, oh mighty Canuck, for your ingenious insight into America's class and culture

Bless you, have a wonderful day

Could he put in a chinese dog slaughter house

>What CAN he do alone other than the veto? The position doesn't seem as powerful as it's regarded

that's the point, nihon.

That's pretty much on the spot

Get out of the way, best executive residence coming through.

No need to be envious.

>Canada
Into the trash it goes.

That's pretty much their work office, isn't it? That's their 9 to 5.

i don't think so, just uses for meeting with his cabinet and some official stuff with visitors, there is another office he uses himself

I fucking hate yellow

Isn't that Taft's bathtub?