/sino/ 中文

Auspicious Lunar New Year Edition

>Resources for Learning Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

>Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cantonese-popup-dictionar/pjnbhojkojmibobcpfgihhnohboldhip

>Resources for learning Uyghur:
lemountainsandthesea.wordpress.com/uyghur/
farwestchina.com/2014/04/ultimate-guide-to-learning-uyghur-language.html/
ccapprox.info/uyghurbooks/tomur.pdf

>Smartphone dictionary (supports both Mandarin and Cantonese):
pleco.com/

aforementioned resource credit goes to 一路順風

>set strokes straight
yes-chinese.com/tzg/

Note: The lack of actual posters from China is because reCAPTCHA doesn't work there, which requires a Sup Forums Pass to bypass.

Other urls found in this thread:

cjvlang.com/Spicks/sheepgoat.html
youtube.com/watch?v=l4A4RTg6sx0&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/MdqOaOxLxec
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tnna8odMvA
youtu.be/8Tnna8odMvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wish for everyone to have a hanfu-wearing, high iq weiqi-playing, dragonboat-rowing, tea-drinking, ancestor-respecting, buddha-worshipping, tai-chi-practicing, baozi-eating, lunar-celebrating, caligraphy-writing, lantern-lighting, feet-binding, pipa-playing, pingpong-smashing, PLA-serving, chinglish-speaking, bubbletea-slurping, Japan-hating, hongbao-giving, fortune cookie-cracking, firecracker-lighting gf!

恭喜发财 身体健康!

心想事成
万事如意
风调雨顺
国泰民安

春节快快乐乐!你们今天做什么?

啊?你们在哪里?

拖延

>拖延
我也(还吗?)拖延。

做作业

在这个Thread: Funny Chinese class stories

>是我
>在中文一课
>老师给我功课
>"写故事“
>好啊.jpg
>在我的故事,老师是鸡(我喜欢鸡)
>老师看看我的故事,开始laughing
>怎-怎么样?
>“鸡”是 slang for prostitute
>我的脸在时候.png

对不起,我的中文不好,因为我在中文二

>做作业
我也做。你在中文几?

做鸡

不在学中文

不在学中文?你是中国人吗?

Why do you learn chink?
Is there any reason other than for business?

Nice to know that the cock is a sexual euphemism in both cultures

Are USA posters %50 chinks?

Also I want to learn to speak Chinese how long will it take?

Grammar is super easy. It's vocab and tones that are hard. It'll take a long time for anglophones in my own personal experience.

中国女人很好看,我们说中文,我们可以肏。哈哈哈,不对。中文学生通常喜欢中国cluture,艺术,食物,还喜欢中国人。

也-也许吧

我不是中国人,可是我爱中国和中文。

>也-也许吧
你可以给我英语吗?

This, grammar and words are very logical, it's learning to pronounce and write the damn thing (although writing is less important in today's world)

>grammar and words are very logical
Could you expand on this?

Basically this

There is no plural form except for people. For past tense, just put 了 at the end of a phrase. For verb objects, just duplicate the verb and put something between the verb and very object and you can do just about anything. To emphasize or casualize an adjective, duplicate it. It's hard to describe it really, but it makes a lot of sense.

That's nice and all but I can't read that shit.

Chinese language students normally like the culture, art, food, and people. Basically the same reason anybody takes any language.

How much of an advantage is it if you already know Japanese?

同我们一起学中文. 好吗?

Nips grammar is really different, but you might recognize some kanjis

Lel I hope Chinese greentext catches on

dekimasen
与*

學中文學殘體字的話不用學了
字太醜學久了人也會變醜
會交不到女朋友

>写老的汉子

真棒!我想要学,可是我的老师是mainland中国人。

Japanese version is better

Less dragons, more flood! :)

我不但喜欢食物,而且奇幻龙。日本新年快乐!

>奇幻
我的电脑真讨厌,我要写“喜欢”。

Does anyone use an "Anki" app? Which one is good?

繁体字太麻烦了

大陆*

theres like, only one per operating system

你好

If you go to the apple App Store there are dozens

this tbqh

I'm in Beijing and Tantan is fucking dead right now.

恭喜發財,利市𢭃來

I want to have an authentic chinese new year feast one day

you have to remember to go around and call everyone one of your relative by title

Can you elaborate? I'm not familiar with Chinese etiquette.

not much to it but chinese relations have more nuances, you have to know who is who in a gathering and call them by your relation ie aunts uncles/cousins, in laws. removed cousins etc
then there are seating arrangements too with the heads at the front and eldest children beside them and the more distant further away etc

現在大家都用鍵盤打字
不麻煩了
如果你用拼音打字 正體和殘體是一樣容易

Happy new year chinks. Is it the year of the cat?

rooster, there is no cat unless you are vietnamese
you are not vietnamese are you

Happy new year guys!

>a hanfu-wearing, high iq weiqi-playing, dragonboat-rowing, tea-drinking, ancestor-respecting, buddha-worshipping, tai-chi-practicing, baozi-eating, lunar-celebrating, caligraphy-writing, lantern-lighting, feet-binding, pipa-playing, pingpong-smashing, PLA-serving, chinglish-speaking, bubbletea-slurping, Japan-hating, hongbao-giving, fortune cookie-cracking, firecracker-lighting gf
If I could have a BF like this, my life would be complete

Wait, what? Do they replace one of the other animals?

>The Korean zodiac is almost identical to the Chinese zodiac except it includes the Sheep instead of the Goat. The Vietnamese zodiac is almost identical to the Chinese zodiac except the second animal is the Water Buffalo instead of the Ox, and the fourth animal is the Cat instead of the Rabbit. The Japanese zodiac includes the Sheep instead of the Goat, and the Wild Boar instead of the Pig.[12] The Japanese have, since 1873, celebrated the beginning of the new year on 1 January as per the Gregorian Calendar. The Thai zodiac includes a nāga in place of the Dragon[13] and begins, not at Chinese New Year, but either on the first day of fifth month in Thai lunar calendar, or during the Songkran festival (now celebrated every 13–15 April), depending on the purpose of the use.[14]

Nope although housemate is a gook who eats silk-worms

新年快楽!

We are neither China nor America nor Russia nor Islamic country nor Europe.
We want to represent other countries except above.

>gook who eats silk-worms

Why can't I be fat without being called fat

Exactly
I could take a picture to prove I'm telling the truth

All the changes are for the worse except Pig->Wild Boar

Agreed

撸管

I dunno, I have a friend whose nickname is the Chinese equivalent of fat fuck.

You just need to 多喝热水

I'm pretty sure it's Year of the Sheep in China too

Use Pleco, it's better in every way.

It's complicated.jpg

cjvlang.com/Spicks/sheepgoat.html

the character is sheep or goat but most drawings are goats

We don't deserve this

I watched two episodes of drama today
I hope I learn Chinese before my brain explodes from stupidity

watch western drama with chinese subs
or chinese dubs

Asian dramas are just too weird. All that awkward goofiness and shit. I can't stand them. Their more medieval series are usually quite good.

繁体字 is true kanji in China.
The present characters are not China's kanji.

賀年歌
youtube.com/watch?v=l4A4RTg6sx0&feature=youtu.be

智障!愚蠢!贱人!汉奸!
I learned many words today

youtu.be/MdqOaOxLxec

We have used Western calender since the early modern period of 400 years ago.
Before that we used Islamic calender that was introduced from 元.
Therefore we celebrate on not the Lunar New Year's day, but Gregorian New Year's day.
This is our traditional habit.

> btw, it seems that there is other japan flag except me.
ignore him, everyone.

except me*
except me and 一路順風

去邊度拜年呀大家

People say I hate China. I don't. I don't hate China. Great country. I love China. Chinese girlfeet, I succed many of them. Some of the best in the world. I love them.

You sounded like the orange man of America

我不可以说中文很好。:(

gonna watch this now, see you at 5pm

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tnna8odMvA

Finding out the difference between 可以, 能 and 會 is pretty hard at first.

I was in Bulgaria lately and they invited me to celebrate the lunar new year at the Confucius institute. Too bad my flight was at that day's morning. Still it's encouraging to see how speaking Chinese opens doors all over the world.

What do you think of the CCTV Spring Festvial Gala? Even Mainlanders deride that every fucking time.

Is this where we post our favorite sine waves?

youtu.be/8Tnna8odMvA

currently watching it

It seems to be the Chinese's speaking world's equivalent to the Eurovision Song Contest.

Guys, is it correct to write:
我祝您万事好运,也祝您的家庭一切顺利!
?

I have a question for all the Chinese or others who have a similar tradition.

I've heard that on the first day of Chinese New Year, married couples must spend it at the wife's parents-in-law's home, and then on the second day they go to the husband's parents-in-law's home.

So, what if the in-laws of the wife's in-laws are still alive? Wouldn't her husband's parents have to visit their in-laws as well?

>So, what if the in-laws of the wife's in-laws are still alive? Wouldn't her husband's parents have to visit their in-laws as well?

Maybe I'm a retard but this is confusing me.

why would they have to and how does that question even make sense

you are clearly autistic, as already proven by your uyghur fetish

First day: Wife must visit her parents-in-law (husband's parents)
But technically, the wife's mother-in-law must visit her parents-in-law as well, so...

I'm not the Uyghur guy. I've had a few Chinese and several Taiwanese tell me about this tradition.

I don't really know, my family is too big to keep track of, my parents have a combined total of 15 siblings, and many of my cousins have children already, not to mention my grandparents having a lot of siblings too, and almost all my aunts and uncles are married. I was just at a family get-together earlier today with like 30 people related to my great aunt on my dad's side and he only has 3 siblings. I don't keep track of this kind of stuff and just go with my parents.

>15 siblings
You almost outnumber my entire family with only one generation

Do you guys know a news website with audio and transcripts for each article?

I'm so fucking tired of the same shitty useless resources like chinesepod being recommended over and over again on rebbit.

>Do you guys know a news website with audio and transcripts for each article?

I've been looking for something like this, too. Basically, like learningenglish.voanews.com but for Chinese.

just use chinese text to speech on google translate