WHY?????

Why do people hate the film Ive never heard a good reason?? I loved this film yeah there are problems but not 28 percent on rotten tomatoes bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know?????

so what if they do, if you enjoyed it, who gives a fuck.

They just don't like Zack Snyder. They go in looking for things to criticize and don't give the movie a chance.

they never have any good reasons and civil wars ending was a let down in my opinion?

Maybe problems with the structure????? Poor causality joining the events depicted??????? Plotholes galore???????? Poor characterization????????? Trying to build a cinematic universe interrupting the fucking movie to play trailers?????????? I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Because it's capeshit.

This movie makes children cry

But maybe that's what Zack was going for

>I need 30 movies just to understand more than one character

literally none of that bothered me don't know if its dc bias but i think he was so true to the characters i was cool with that?? but i did notice it

actually kekd

Point out the plot holes plz

From a writing point of view, it's riddled (no pun intended) with problems, such as character motivations, pacing, and grating tonal shifts. Zack Snyder also has a very emotionally disconnected approach to directing, usually prioritizing whatever is "cool" or "dark" over what makes for a good film.

If you can enjoy the film, excellent. Don't give a fuck what others think. Visually, it's amazing, I don't think anyone can knock it for that. But if you're learning about filmmaking, then you should be readily able to tear this film to pieces for all of its flaws.

Essentially, it should and could have been a lot better. Hopefully, the Batfleck solo film will be a humongous improvement.

Describe Clark Kent/Superman, Lois Lane, Alfred, and Lex Luthor, without saying what he looked like or what his profession or role in the movie was.
Describe him as if you were describing him to a person with no comic book knowledge whatsoever.

That really doesn't work here. Lois Lane is probably the only one out of all those that it really applies to.

you know, this image pisses me off but not with BvS 27% score but the fact that posters in here use RT as their basis if something is good or not which as a matter of fact RT was generally hated and dismissed with its scoring and flawed system before BvS

Clark is lost and unsure what his place on the earth is due to the ramped hate he gets in the media

Lois is unsure about how a relationship with a hero will work and is trying to find her self worth

alfred witty mate to aflek

Lex is a genius who hate that superman has more power than him however he is becoming unraveled by the start of the movie

How did Lois know they'd need the spear again?
How did Superman know where Lois was in the Middle East?
How did he know she was in danger?
How could he find Lois and not his mother?
Why would anyone believe that Superman shot people in the Middle East?
How did Luthor find out who Batman and Superman were?
How did Superman figure out who Batman was?
How did batman NOT figure out who Superman was? Was his prep time spent exclusively lifting?
Why didn't Clark say "my mother" instead of Martha?
Why did Luthor ask for access to Zod's body after he shows a video of experiments he had performed on zod's body?

Can someone explain to me batmans vision in the desert? It was cool as fuck but I had no idea why I saw it, why he seen it?

Was that suppose to be visualization of his fear?

pretty much exactly that

its probably flash coming back in time to tell him about darkseid the big bad of dc however it is meant to have multiple connotations

so let's take into context what Snyder's task are. He is given a task to create a movie that:

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distincly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Given this ginormous task, its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and I feel that if given the freedom Snyder would have done it so. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it, although we admit this is not his best work but I would have loved to see what he could have done in a 4 hour epic Director's cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ™.

I'm excited to see more of Snyder's work. I'm not trolling I really do. Even his adapation of The Fountainhead, but I really really wish I could see it in Snyder's intended form. Not getting cut down to what the studio wants. A 4 hour Fountainhead and Justice League and see it in Snyder's vision would be amazing to see.

>it's riddled (no pun intended) with problems
do you know what a pun or a riddle is?

A cartoon did all that in 40 minutes.

I was told that it was the future where Superman mom's was killed which in turn made Superman go bad / got controlled by Darkseid.

My understanding from that it was Bruce's fear that Superman will (and already is) be hailed as a god and humans will eventually bow to him. after all, what can mere mortals do against Superman?

oh shit dude I think you might be retarded sorry you had to find out this way

>Given this ginormous task, its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film

Except it didn't

wrong. the cartoon only fulfilled 1

because it was complete shit and everyone knows it
fucking contrarians

Yeah I've read that theory what it says is that flash came back in time to tell Bruce but was too early and that's why he says I'm too early find us it's because batman will thinks he's talking about the imidiate effects not the future.

To be fair the US govt found out about a spacecraft in Kansas in MoS. That's a near plot hole in itself

its okay dude ur in luck i heard the ultimate cut fixes those things.

the UC shows superman smiling 24/7 while saving people in gory destruction and they even CGI robots in for batmans scenes so he isn't murdering actual people!!

also added narration to help people understand scenes and character motives better

lois thought pattern "hmm monster from ship hmmm coming back here hmmm yeah that spear will probably sic em"
superman was keeping tabs on her. he knew where she was and was keeping tabs should he intervene
he knew she was in danger because he heard bullets. maybe, i don't know what the reasonable expectation is here
he wasn't expecting his mother to be in danger and she was gagged in a city full of crime, he only saved lois out of luck
how did luthor find out identities? how stupid must you be to list this as a plothole?
superman can see through shit. and was aware of bruce's actions at lex's party
batman didn't give a shit who superman was
save some third person being held hostage. he wasn't trying let batman know about his relationship to her, only that there's some person who's in danger
>luthor ask access
watch more movies

People don't realize that the main theme of Snyder's "Batman v Superman" on spiritual dematerialism is not eschatological, but a phenomenological ontology. Thus he implies that we have to choose between predialectic construction and deconstructivist neodialectic theory, essentially Heideggerian as seen in the concept of Dasein. The subject is interpolated then into a cinematic dematerialism that includes spirituality as a whole. But if the Kierkegaardian worldview holds, we have to choose between the cultural paradigm of expression and atomism. In Snyder's own "Man of Steel" he has a character say that "the world's too big�. Inherent in this is how the function of Lebenswelt (cinematically translated by Snyder as "world of life") operates in all his films, chiefly in "Sucker Punch" and "300". We see a phenomenological approach to the world showing a cinematic logic that presupposes a structural constraint in rootedness, another intentionality central to his filmography and philosophy. Because "metaphysical comfort" is not an object of temporality per se, but rather an aspect of automatic condition, as suggested by Cavell. Hermeneutic interpretations are also apparent in his post-"Watchmen" movies; in fact the interchangeable subjectivities are but another representation of Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". As his academic hero Heidegger succintly noted, "freedom is the �abyss� of Dasein, its groundless or absent ground". This is essentially the thesis operating in Snyder's films.

You know why.

>all this shit I'm assuming and isn't established makes me smart and you dumb
Do you enjoy writing fanfiction too?

no thats why i asked are you thick or something??

that's just like your opinion man.

Same as warcraft, not made or funded by disney

clark is a person trying use his occupation as a reporter to affect change in the world for those who are powerless while using his natural gifts to help as many people as he can. he is torn over the reception he gets, because people not only don't like him but they think he is evil. as the movie goes on he struggles with his place in the world wondering if he has one.

lois lane is a person who wants truth while struggling with her relationship to someone with immense potential. she wonders if she holds him back but really is the comfort that enables him to be himself
alfred is an old rational figure who challenges bruce while wanting the best for him. taken aback by bruce's choices and actions because of involvement in what had been their mission against crime for the sake of those who can't defend themselves
lex luthor is an eccentric and intelligent rich boi who is a friend of libraries everywhere. he covets knowledge because through knowledge he finds the means to shape the world in ways he sees fit. everything in his world is a means to a self serving end

>implying shit that isn't implied by my post
i'm describing things that are represented visually in the movie
the only one that can be considered a reach is the scene in which lois goes for the scene only because there is no dialogue or visual representation of her thought process

the way that scene plays out is that all the shit is happening and then we get a shot of her listening to a roar getting nearer in the distance. we see her look down in a pensive glance and then run inside

you're being facetious, as most of what i said is easily explained by the movie

yes and maybe something else too

I saw the thing twice, actually took notes the second time, you're full of shit like all the memers that pretend to enjoy this shit, none of those things are ever stated in-dialogue or shown in any way.

>needing to be this spoonfed

do you ever watch real movies

Fuck off with your tryhard pseudo intellectual shit, you're talking about a comic book movie, a conveyor belt produced toy catalogue.

everything i said is there. perhaps when its available someone will break it down moment by moment and explain

i'm not even trying to convince you to like the movie, i never even said anything about my thoughts on it

your mind is too engrossed in Sup Forums

> conveyor belt produced toy catalogue.

that's marvel though. you're so used to generic popcorn flicks that when a movie that doesn't spoonfeed you about the plot you go anal about it. pathetic

Spoonfeed? We're talking things that are never established, literal plotholes, just because you can assume a lot of bullshit about the movie because you spent your childhood years reading comic books doesn't mean they're less of a plothole.

>characterization

In a movie.. about Batman.. and Superman..

If you don't know who Batman and Superman are by now then you're literally a child.

>depending on external media to tell a story
This is why Snyder is a hack.

He didn't depend on it to tell the story. He depended on it for the characters. Because, you know, it's Batman and Superman.

You're mad though I can tell.

>a movie about batman and superman can't assert its own importance internally
>this is somehow a good thing for Snyder drones

Literally none of that implies... Did you fuckers actually pay attention

snyder had clear characters with clear motivations and internal processes
not even a fan of snyder

It's too long and has too much unnecessary shit(wonder woman) added in.

this movie had so many great moment and ones were I was like a kid again. 8/10 at least.

as much as it pains you, she has to be included in the movie since its a JL origin movie

>lying

>still mad

BvS had a character in it? You sure? Describe Batman: Gritty, angsty, dark. And Superman? Gritty, angsty, dark.

Shit sandwich.

see

>ITT Snyder sympathizers fill plotholes with speculation/headcannon & yell "B-but Civil War" every 5 posts

Neat

Batman: unsure of his identity, desperate to make a difference and believes he's made none in 20 years. Cynical and more psychotic as a result

Superman: torn between what he should do and the way people look upto him as a God each time he does. Trying to find a place in the world

I understand your pain and confusion. This short video might shed some light on the audience's (and, indeed, critics') few issues that kept it from being sheer perfection:

youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM

You forgot
>both mass murdering psychopaths

yours is the second post out of 63 to mention that movie

>Superman? Gritty, angsty, dark.

Marvpleb please leave

>audience's issues
Good to know WB is blaming their consumer base for their failures, I'll reconsider watching anything by them ever again.

Did you watch the movie mate? Or can you not understand multi-layered characters?

Disney shills were paid to go on full attack

They can't risk other studios to take the capeshit market away from them

Two problems. One, the description of Batman also applies to Superman. Second, Superman has already had MOS to confront his issues. The upbeat guy at the end is gone here to increduosly advance the plot.

>multi-layered
Do contrarian snyderkino memesters know no shame?

damn.
religion does that shit too
thanks for making it click for me

Ok that video was pretty fucking funny. Well done Marvelcuck

This reads like it came from the Ayn Rand School of Characterization; not sure why you're defending it.

>confront his issues

sure. how about the issues and implications of the destruction that happened after MoS and the implication of a literal god living among humans? can't just leave it to quips right? or just gloss it over like how in marvel a fucking city gets destroyed and on the next movie its as if nothing happens?

4K torrent when?

Director's cut when?

sequel when?

>Making fun of memes by using memes...

Wot?

Would love to hear why you didnt like it ese. Unless of course all you know is memespeak

Aw, heck, that goes without saying. Heroism is a fickle friend, indeed, Harry.

> One, the description of Batman also applies to Superman.
No it doesn't. Superman isn't a psychopath nor is he cynical

>Second, Superman has already had MOS to confront his issues. The upbeat guy at the end is gone here to increduosly advance the plot.

Not really, mos was just the start of his story. The superman in bvs is concerned with the god worshipping he receives and is reluctant to save as a result. He's also struggling with his father's sentiments as regards to what he should be

literally every superhero movie ever made has a list of minor plot holes about this big, still does not explain why critics pissed their pants over this movie except for the fact that Snyder's name was attached to it

i don't have a problem with Batman killing people. in fact he should be killing people to make a statement. the no kill rule is retarded

don't know anything about rand other than her being hated by people for reasons

and this is a whole other topic anway
seems to me to be adequately portrayed personalites

Maybe Snyder should focus on a tighter screenplay before jerking off to his inane symbolism in every frame, maybe critics would like him better then.

Literally can all be explained by watching the movie again. Come back soon.

read . there's too many things for snyder to do in his movie. studio has to cut the movie for adhd kids like you.

I'm beginning to think either people were literally to retarded to understand the movie or they simply weren't paying attention

Why would Lex use his own personal bullets while trying to secretly frame someone when normal bullets have been killing people just fine for ages?

Did you miss the reply where they BTFO that user showing that they did the same thing in a 40 minute cartoon without the structure suffering because of it or interrupting the thing to show trailers?

Right?! They should all buy another ticket.

Or just keep thier brains switched on

except that's not true at all

are you really that stupid to see that the cartoon did not fulfill the 4 FUCKING FOUR items that was listed in there? for fuck's sake watch it again

Come on now. Red screaming alien eyes in every poster, living as a God presiding over his pseudo-Nazi cult in the trailers? And angst? Oh lawd, yes, he was looking for comfort from Amy Adams' breast like Kurt Cobain going to Courtney Love for solace.

Maybe you're right. Are these the three tiers:

1. Gritty
2. Angsty
3. Dark

>missing the point this badly

HOLY SHIT CAN SNYDER GET ANY DEEPER?

Ain't gotta pay me to know when I'm eating a shit sandwich.