What the fuck was her problem?

What the fuck was her problem?

She's Greek.

Is that an actual still from the movie? What a terrible filter.

looks fine

She/he/them/non-binary anal master

She was forced by her parents to fuck her brother after his dad beat up the female employee he used as a prostitute for him for giving her video tapes in return for cunnilingus.

such an awful awful movie

Sure it does. You kids these days. You'll eat up anything.

whats wrong with it

tru

wtf why has no one said shes just aa pyschopath with no actual ability to feel anything. thats all...its pretty clear that he had to prove to her that he also was void of feeling and thats why they should be together but she caught him out and clearly was used to people trying to trick her. a sociopath would be another word for it

Looks like it was dipped in computerized ocean water. Just looks unnatural and lazy. Like a scene from Man of Steel.

i don't really notice things like that

That's about as edgy as a dog's tooth.

what did he turn her into?

yes. Also makes sense that she is used to being tricked since she is a "guest" atleast 4x as long as other people.. and i guess the more desperate ones pull shit like that off all the time.. (like the fake noseblood guy)

she died

You're a fucking moron, and all of your "opinions" are contrived out of a desperate need to belong. Go back to Sup Forums, inbred halfwit piece of trash.

Yes, I desperately want to belong to an anonymous message board.

sociopath isnt a real thing and even if it was, it wouldnt be used to describe her behavior

he turned her into an animal

>sociopath isnt a real thing
Enough of this meme.

anyone explain the movie?

neither is female hysteria. homosexuality is also not classified as a mental illness anymore

i don't think we see what animal but it was probably a dog like all the other default ones

>Unnatural
That may have been the point tb h

Nothing in this movie feels natural, not even the animals.

>homosexuality is also not classified as a mental illness anymore
Well then, I guess it's no longer a real thing.

The narrator explicitly states she was turned into the one animal no one wants to be turned into

The hotel director states there's an overabundance of dogs because everyone just wants to be a dog

what are you having trouble with?

more like kino dontas.

nobody wants to be a rat

And the best they could come up with to achieve this effect is a crappy filter?

Must have been a nigger then.

There aren't any niggers in the movie, that I could see.

I was thinking like some kind of insect

maybe a cockroach

it's supposed to look depressing. it's a Greek movie about loneliness. They're not gonna go all technicolor.

yes

not what i said, bitch

this looks worse

I mean it's also reflected in most of the other aspects of the movie. The dialogue, the set design, the way characters act and move, none of it feels particularly emotional or empathetic. It's cold, drab, and washed out, so it makes sense that the filters would be like that too.

The only time that's really broken is in the Dance sequence, but even then that's just emphasizing how completely out of touch with emotion they are. When they should be celebrating and tearing it up, they're all doing the same calculated, emotionless reasoning they all do.

It's like /r9k/: The Dating Simulator: The Movie.

So the only choices are technicolor or crappy filter? Technicolor would have been the better choice regardless of what it's about.

I know what you said.
Sounds awful.

Why do people get upset that a movie about a society where single people are sent to a hotel and must find a mate before they get turned into an animal doesn't look like real life?

keith from the office is in this film

There was one in the beginning. When the new group is introducing themselves, a black chick stands up and says her defining characteristic is her smile

every character and object in the movie is an overt metaphor. kinda makes it a shit movie tbqh familio

still too yellow. here's mine.

Not really my complaint. I just think it's lazy and looks like piss.

whats it about ? what is the main message ?

>technicolor would have been the better choice regardless of what it's about
I disagree. I can understand the palette stylistically, this is not a happy movie (though it is fucking funny) and therefore having a bright palette would just feel out of place.

Now, take the movies of Wes Anderson as a contrast. They're about colorful people (not colored people) with interesting quirks and an unnatural style of speaking, but it moves along at such a pace that bright pretty colors work, they make the characters stand out.

What movie is this and why haven't I heard of it?

Maybe you should stop looking at piss so much.

>le everything color graded looks shit and every film should look neutral regardless of the tone of the movie meme
>i know more about color grading than people who work in the industry.

The Lobster, about a man who goes into a hotel that gives him 45 Days to find a mate or else he's turned into an animal.

It's an arthouse-y movie without much advertising.

>it's fantasy so anything goes

enough of this awful meme goddamn

See

>having a bright palette would just feel out of place.
But at least it wouldn't look like shit. I mean, realistically speaking technicolor isn't even around anymore.
>Now, take the movies of Wes Anderson as a contrast. They're about colorful people (not colored people) with interesting quirks and an unnatural style of speaking, but it moves along at such a pace that bright pretty colors work, they make the characters stand out.
Wow, so deep.

if you haven't heard of this movie you aren't paying attention. you're probably a pleb who doesn't care about movies outside of mad max and civil war.

Eh if it's not for you then so be it.

I'm just saying, the color palette works given the tone of the film.

That sounds extremely fucking dumb.

well I didn't say that and I think The Lobster looks fine, but looking at recent films like Civil War and Bone Tomahawk I bet I probably do.

mainstream directors have the shittiest artistic sensibilities.

You are the indiewood target audience, for sure.
I'm just saying it looks like shit. Ta da.

greeks are better to have around than burgershits.

It is.

Has some of the best dry humor I've seen in a film in years though.

>John C. Reilly getting his hand put in a toaster for masturbating
Keks for days

Hmmm... which of these arguments is more convincing... I'm so undecided.

That guy is arguing whether that it's an appropriate choice, which is not what I'm talking about. I think it looks bad. If they wanted to achieve an effect, they should have tried something that was a bit original and didn't look like aged piss stains.

Minus whether*

I can see where you're coming from now.

I was just arguing against your claim that everything should be technicolor or bright regardless of tone.

It does look a bit pissy, yeah. I'm okay with it but I see your point.

>I think it looks bad.
I think you're retarded.

How dare you.

No one who's actually seen the movie would be dumb enough to produce this shit

Instead they produced this:
Zoinks.

Guys.. g-guys!

Guys list- guys wait

Guys listen

What if we filmed a mov-

No guys, what if we filmed a movie through a RayBan wayfarer sunglass lens.

People like these probably also make fan edits.

sure is samefag in here.

Nope.

I made a kino.

It's art, so you should probably try to come to your own conclusion.

My subjective opinion is that the film is an exploration into the way society expects people to match up with "the one" and settle for nothing less. The way that relationships are mandated by law and the bureaucratic environment in which pairings are expected to be made, these things indicate a criticism of how un-romantic and inhuman romance has become in modern life. You can see it in the stiff acting, the washed-out colour scheme and minimalist soundtrack.

>color-correction-removed
Ehm.. Its called color grading.

Sounds like a load of cynical wank.

WAXED FOREARMS

it's not for everyone, but neither are most films with even the slightest bit of artistic merit.

Because muh realism .

not enough crucified men in the background