youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZ5xpcKHw
youtube.com/watch?v=t9my65iOX1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XlcApCaBvJM
youtube.com/watch?v=URM8lqPX7rk
youtube.com/watch?v=1T7WGasjju0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for hagstrom

i hope people who have filtered this thread that you fuck with by changing the title shit the thread up in retaliation. i'd be pretty annoyed

>third for hording shit gear and being surprised when you cant sell it

How much were you originally asking for?

I learned this as a teenager tbqf

>Guitaru andu Bassu Generalu

I'm liking this a lot desu.

People are thick m8, they'll think the price is set and not even read the description. I was selling a pc case once and someone messaged me 'what computer you got mate?'. what the fuck is that shit?

8th, maybe, for buying peoples cheap mememasters when they're disappointed with them.

>TFW I HAD AN FB-2 A YEAR AGO AND THEY DISCONTINUED IT AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE I SOLD IT.

FUCK.

www.ebay.com/itm/New-Boss-Feedbacker-Booster-Fb-2-/272388634696?hash=item3f6ba0b848:g:s5AAAOSw8gVX5oTR

>mfw when MIJ Fender Jaguars are now selling for more than double the price I paid for mine

>tfw local shop has perfect guitar for me
>no money to buy it
Hopefully it doesn't get sold

>hagstrom
>hag strum
why would I want a guitar for old ladies?

Pros and cons of playing the bass guitar?

Fucking wew, you seen what people want for newest Russian muff? £200, these were going for £25-30 on ebay a few years ago.

>one year ago
>haggling with a guy for a mij jazzmaster
>he wants 550
>i want it for 500
>fuck it i'll get the next one
>they don't go for less than £750 now
ree fuck moneys and shit and that

pros
>sounds cool

cons
>everything

Pros
>fun
Cons
>choosing to write bad music

Pro
>if you suck it doesn't matter because no one can hear you

Con
>you have to play a bass guitar

>pros
everything
>cons
everything

i found a MiJ thinline tele in '13 for $600. MiJ fenders are fucking prime

>t. every cocky guitarist ever

Pros
>can join a band anytime once you know how to keep the beat and pluck a note
>need next to nothing gearwise
>more dynamic options than electric guitar
>can form a band easily, guitarists will flock to you

cons
>you have to buy a bass
>you have to buy a bass amp
>strings cost a lot more (inb4 some upright bass player shows up with his $400 strings)
>get mocked by a lot of people
>disappear in the mix a lot of times

>>if you suck it doesn't matter because no one can hear you

bullshit, actually if you suck the song sounds like shit but nobody knows why. and if you are good, sounds good but still no one knows why

Am I weird for genuinely liking the instrument and everything about it or am I just a guitarfag in denial

youtube.com/watch?v=U11xz55lSuI

what effects are being used here?

could it be that a chorus is around there somewhere?

Nobody actually likes the bass guitar. Nobody.

I must be nobody, then.

No, wish I was Al desu.

#BULLIED

yes exactly

I have never seen a rick in that finish before.

it looks tacky

psst, hey kid, wanna hear some dank riffs?

No, bass is great.
t. poor guitarfag in denial who doesn't want to sell his guitar gear and has to suck it up

love you too ^^

>t. poor guitarfag in denial who doesn't want to sell his guitar gear and has to suck it up
I know this feeling too well

Can't wait till this book releases:

youtube.com/watch?v=qd8uRPIDMfw

If I knew then what I know now it wouldn't even be an issue but it is too late for that.

I put 200$ on the guitar and 150$ on the amp at first to try and recoup some loss but now everything is marked for 100$

Yeah I guess

>pros
extremely fun to play once you get good. few things compare to the tactile pleasure of a bass string on calloused fingers.

>cons
requires more technical proficiency than guitar. your fuckups are going to be way more noticeable and you'll get slammed way harder if you do anything wrong because bassists have a reputation for sucking.

Does there exist a single modern guitarist who has invested more money in their rig than Stephen O'malley?

>bassists have a reputation for sucking
They do?

He probably got the Sunn amps for pennies tbf.

Got mine for ~£300 about 5-ish years ago
It did have quite a few faults though, missing trem arm, rusty metal, ugly red tort, and some wear and tear (I actually really liked the wear on the neck in a relic kind of way)
I could still fix all this stuff and sell it for a profit though.
Did they really go up that much in a year? I wonder what price they'll settle at.

where to find coppa cheapa guitara guide

A lot of people say bassist play bass because they weren't good enough for geetar

yeh just watch that glenn fricker fag on youtube

I mean, it depends on the genre you listen to. The best bassists are in jazz, gospel, funk, r&b, and extreme metal. Everywhere else in between tends to be a concentration of shit with little flecks of gold here and there.

At least I think I think i'm just frustrated with my guitar instead of being frustrated by the instrument as a whole, so it might not be that bad.
But holy fuck man I really want a bass.

how 2 find a band

craigslist and kijij don't have anything

It's just insanity. He's got a fucking SHITSHOW worth of gear. That travis bean at the bottom is only one of three that he has on top of numerous les pauls he's also got. As for amps, that literally might be 20% of his entire stock. I wonder where he got all that money, there's no way Sunn O))) brings in that much revenue.

He's just a fag in general though.

>tfw the basslines in some Beatles songs are so good you zone out just listening to them
I love this guy

>jazz, gospel, funk, r&b, and extreme metal
>extreme metal

bassists who are good always try to play outside of their role

I'm glad I stopped doing this last October. Now it's just one expensive guitar at a time, making the same amount of profit selling 4-5 shitty items. Some guy in Craigslist hoards garbage and tries to push it on me all the time, he has a bunch of copy brands and shitty SS Amps and he thinks bundling them for $150-$200 is a good idea yet he's had these instruments for over a year now and cant move

Yeah. Fuck knows, now maybe? Used Japanese Fenders are the best shit. Still want a black double bound tele.

Sunn O))) usually sell out their shows at decent sized venues, plus Southern Lord must make good money, I've gave then enough.

You're welcome senpai

>google girl
>find bands website
>fist thing you see is her making a statement about trump and men being terrible

Dropped

>who are alex webster, dominic lapointe, jeroen thesseling, sean malone, tony choy, roger patterson, stefan fimmers, steve di-fucking-giorgio, erland caspersen, johan defarfalla, etc.

Should have stopped at the mustang mate.

>not mentioning the magic russian dude
youtube.com/watch?v=c5aF6pGVDRM

who are they indeed

>implying that the unique experience of composing and playing prog-post-rock protest intellectual music, doesnt come paired with questioning objective errors of the opressors
>implying there are only 2 genders

Same with Mustangs, I remember trying to save up for one back in late 2015 when they were $400-$500 and bought a Squier VM Mustang for the time being for $215, I kindve wish I got the mustang and resold. I'm not buying an MiJ unless they go back to $400. I did hear that MiJ offsets haven't changed price in Japan so I hope I end up there someday

>magic russian dude

He and cannibalisticzombie are fucking amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=f296ngNeOuA

People post their info at Guitar Center. They should have a wall of ads near the bathrooms posted.

jokes on you I knew you would post that user

>dominic lapointe
don't even get me started on that fucking chronic masturbator
youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU
no one else on earth overplays this much

Many of those guys are lesser versions of the same cancer. A bunch of the rest of guys just play in unison with the guitar and maybe occasionally do a stupid/sweeping tapping solo, there's not much creativity involved at all

Sean Malone's cool

>overplaying
BC's first album was nothing more than deathcore vocals and riff wankery, but EE was a significant improvement.

>creativity
You're forgetting that it's metal. The bass's job is to augment the sound of the guitars and drums. Doubling them is 95% of what you do in most metal bands.

This video is almost like a parody. Was that on purpose?

>p-please don't play too fast...
>I-I'm insecure...

Jeroen Thessling
youtube.com/watch?v=bhqpmDynezY

Erland Carspersen

Roger Patterson
youtube.com/watch?v=q4g6cwlTIhM

Tony Chow
youtube.com/watch?v=DnUZ5xpcKHw
youtube.com/watch?v=t9my65iOX1Y

And Erland Caspersen
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ

Steve Digiorgio (not in every single band he played off though)
youtube.com/watch?v=XlcApCaBvJM

All of these guys don't just follow the guitars an octave lower.

bass has no "job", only effects. quasi-inaudible pocket playing and melodic fretless lead playing are both correct.

of those two, only the latter is truly validating though.

70s style revival when
Every guitar should have maple fretboards and fat headstocks

and shitty finishes that wear off and end up looking cool as fuck

I agree on Sean Malone, why the fuck are there so few musical bass players in metal? If more guys played like him I would play metal more.

so a modern Fender Strat with a bad paint job?

I'm reggie

Malone is kind of an unique case though, I still haven't found a band that actually sounds like Cynic's Focus.

but there are only 2 genders.

Sounds like a chorus and rotary speaker simulator.

looks like it's time for me to sell my fb-2

Or with a nice yellow natural finish on an ash body

Are SX Guitars ever discussed here? I'm playing one now (Strat copy) and I love it.

Fender Vibratone from a Super Champ

>Doubling them is 95% of what you do in most metal bands.
well, I think that this is a symptom of the amateurishness of later-generation metal bands rather than something necessary to the music style. There are plenty of bands (especially in more traditional styles, but even in death and black metal) that have a better understanding of texture and leave more room for interaction between the instruments.

Anyway, I don't think that the greatness of a metal bassist should be determined by their ability to keep up with the guitars, nor by the fancy tapping solos they do when they get the occasional spotlight (or, in Lapointe's case, every 2 seconds of every song). Geezer, Harris, and Cliff are all better bass players even if they can't play the hottest new tech-death songs

also I'm listening to the other Beyond Creation albums and it's better, but he's still overplaying like crazy. It doesn't help that he sticks exclusively to that super-distracting fretless mwah tone. does that dude even know what a staccato note is?

sometimes but memes will prevent any sort of serious discussion

do you guys maintain your guitars yourselves or do you leave that to luthiers/guitar techs?

Wanted to pick up a tele from them but wasn't sure. How are the pickups and is the overall condition good on the guitar? Thanks in advance m8.

>los natas
nice

i was following the justin guitar jazz lessons and he did autmn leaves, which has some relatively difficult chords for me

but then i see another lesson online and he does incredibly more basic chords, but it just sounds the same if not better. ( youtube.com/watch?v=URM8lqPX7rk )

i understand that there is more than one way to play the chords, but is it really worth it doing the hard way?
of course in the long run it's helping me, but why play any song the hard way if everything can be done a simpler way?

I do it myself.

#1 advice I always give everyone who starts playing guit/bass/drums

don't hoard shitty instruments

it's embarassing walking into your room/living and finding 5 starter pack Ibanez guitars and basses and 2 Squiers hung up on your wall over all your shitty Crate 2x12s an Peavey practice amps

DIY senpai

thank god i've never done this
i've never lost money from gear trade

cool. what tools do you use and what are the steps of your procedures?

How do I chose an amp? I don't really know where to start

They're not complete garbage. The problem is the wide swings in quality control. That's the dealbreaker. The Monoprice guitars are better qc'd.
I still don't know why people don't opt for the Pacificas.

one guy that comes to mind is Thomas Miller from early Symphony X. He might be the most tasteful "virtuoso" bassist in metal
youtube.com/watch?v=1T7WGasjju0

there are lots of musical bassists in old-school metal, but they're mostly pentatonic rock-style players rather than Jaco impersonators

what are some basics on how to write a non cliche bass line when composing a rock song

if you don't really know what to look for on an amp you don't really need a new amp

first you get the root notes and then you throw notes in the scale, first to kind of connect them and then to make melodies and stuff

Never thought about him but you're right. Thanks for reminding me I need to keep practicing this song by the way.