/clyp thread/

post your clyps and critique and help each other.
no soundclouds. this so isn't a promotional thread.
-
clyp.it/xz1aoe1l

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/pj01nh4r
clyp.it/hvabuxas
clyp.it/z45ijprz
clyp.it/cuhe4gej
clyp.it/wr2muxh2
clyp.it/f4okyj2q
clyp.it/wceocz2i
clyp.it/10azpfzd
clyp.it/luykio1p
youtube.com/watch?v=dekiuwZhRIU
clyp.it/c2iwplrs
clyp.it/b4ixc0gz
clyp.it/ijduytsu
clyp.it/nznqijmn
clyp.it/ngs3agvz
clyp.it/z2q10zxo
clyp.it/qoh4g5qi
clyp.it/jzlsikve
clyp.it/dxesycml
clyp.it/wiwmzw5p
clyp.it/ykyrgqk0
clyp.it/lkjm42gj
clyp.it/wmy3u3ob
clyp.it/2d0j4ncc
clyp.it/j1m2gbnp
clyp.it/ycicwrum
clyp.it/byn2z4ku
clyp.it/wuqjrfr5
vocaroo.com/i/s1GlW3r5crft
clyp.it/fuqeitny
clyp.it/hu113xte
clyp.it/gittkg3p
clyp.it/n5pbiqib
clyp.it/n4m1bjbs
clyp.it/2wihk4fs
clyp.it/liuuhems
clyp.it/eqknjlau
clyp.it/ui4qf3pt
clyp.it/ldc2fdjy
clyp.it/uyhiqsev
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tried minimal techno

clyp.it/pj01nh4r

btw ur shit is peaking fix that

clyp.it/hvabuxas

I do harsh noise regularly, but recently I collaborated with my techno friend and made some "noise techno" (Technoise)

what do you guys think?

here's some of my own regular tracks also:

clyp.it/z45ijprz
clyp.it/cuhe4gej

page 7 bump

clyp.it/wr2muxh2
I'm trying to make my high voice better
Is this shit

I really really loved this, it should be on soundcloud or smth

This is good just work a bit on the mastering

Technoise, that's an interesting concept I would totally listen to on a daily basis. Keep it up

It's just my opinion doh, I'm a sucker for noise. Other people might find it a bit odd

hey i have some stuff for this just found out about clyp

definitely needs mixing
clyp.it/f4okyj2q
still need to add vocals
clyp.it/wceocz2i
last one here, ive updated the mix but yea
clyp.it/10azpfzd

lemme know how you feel

shit forgot to add genre
lofi/slowcore/anti-folk (for the last one)

clyp.it/luykio1p
>tfw come up with melody only to realize its really fucking similar to another song
fml, is it noticeable guys?
youtube.com/watch?v=dekiuwZhRIU

enjoying this overall, can't get into the kick though - and I suppose that's what techno's about.
will do, thanks
like your voice, seems a little strained - like your trying too hard. becomes a bit grating after a while. guitar work's great though.
don't post many songs, especially without critiquing anybody at all. shame on you.
got some sour notes going on here in the beginning - cool if that's your thing and intentional. you're quite safe in terms of that melody, imo.

Why is my singing so shit?

clyp.it/c2iwplrs

there's definately a good idea in there, but it needs to be more fleshed out/ better drum samples

decent enough idea, mastering isn't too good (clipping), you guitar rhythm is a bit off which takes away from the tempo change near the end

i posted last two replies

clyp.it/b4ixc0gz
>Gorillaz - plastic beach inspired kindof
>vocals
>live instrumentation
>programmed beats

clyp.it/ijduytsu

clyp.it/nznqijmn
a beat I just started working on about an hour ago, just first loop idea for main groove and shit
>trap/experimental/whatever you wanna call it

Feedback would be cool. (I know it needs to be mixed better, add lots of parts etc. this is just a sample clip)

>clyp.it/b4ixc0gz
this is pretty chill. i dig it

i dont mean to be an ass, but that was really bad.

thanks for the constructive feedback bro

I wouldn't listen to this at all (barely touch any electronic music), but it sounds cool. You're obviously trying to make something that's atonal and odd - so it won't ever resonate with most of us. I don't think it's bad, for what it is.

Here's a track that's going towards an album I'm writing

It's one of the only ambient-ish tracks on their.

clyp.it/ngs3agvz

It's not bad, though I don't really know how to make good music with a daw. Lose the silence at the end though

Nice. I actually like this a lot

clyp.it/z2q10zxo

made somting with a buddy

yeah the silence at the end isn't part of it lol this is just the first idea for a beat, not a complete song

>clyp.it/ngs3agvz
a lot of nice sounds and textures and stuff, but seems to lack direction. I mean, I know it's ambient and all that, but at times it just kind of sounds like some little ents in a magical forest found some instruments and started playing random open strings on these guitars and shit and chilling in the magical forest

yeah idk im pretty high right now but this is cool just maybe add something more melodic to grab the attention more. or not. ents from the magical forest can be cool too, i guess

thanks man, means a lot

clyp.it/qoh4g5qi

I had some cool ideas for guitar things
clyp.it/jzlsikve
clyp.it/dxesycml
Pls don't steal

dude im stealing all ur ideas.

That's a pretty cool description. Thanks man

it is pretty directionless, but it's just an interlude, and most of the other songs I'm writing are more dynamic in terms if songwriting.

It was actually meant to be an intro to a song, but by the time I was done, I didn't really know what to do with it, so I added a little bit of piano and thought it was kind of cool so I kept it

i hear ya. yeah, in context im sure it sounds better

clyp.it/wiwmzw5p

thoughts on this?

>got some sour notes going on here in the beginning - cool if that's your thing and intentional. you're quite safe in terms of that melody, imo.
ya i just came up with it this morning and the hand positions+picking pattern are pretty awkward, still trying to get them down. and thats cool you think the melody is safe, theres def some differences but im afraid that descending line might be a little too similar
neat, but ya i agree with the other guy needs some kind of melody tying it all together imo, even if its subtle
i liked the guitar tone and the glittery synths were nice but the airy synth line should be changed because it got kind slightly grating imo after so many repititions. some kind of development throughout the track would be good too

>clyp.it/qoh4g5qi
dope sounds like early chillwave stuff in a good way

My bad. I forgot to mention it was just and idea that hasnt really gotten anywhere yet

Thanks man. I was going for more synthwave but that's cool too. I got a few more if you wanna hear them.

clyp.it/ykyrgqk0
guitar stuff, some improv over something i made earlier today, i think its pretty cute desu

post em user
ya i figured as much and i think its a pretty solid foundation

>ya i figured as much and i think its a pretty solid foundation
quoted wrong person

my shits all fucked up im drunk

>clyp.it/lkjm42gj
This one's really muddy and not mixed very well but it's still at WIP. I'll fix it later.

>clyp.it/wmy3u3ob
Fucked up the panning on some of the tom fills. Once again, I'll fix it later.

>clyp.it/2d0j4ncc
Woops, forgot one.

last thing I made
clyp.it/j1m2gbnp

Here's a shitty phone recording of this really neat riff I came up with
clyp.it/ycicwrum

could I get some feedback on this track? I think the drums are kinda lacking and I wanna get my drummer to do another take, but IDK if it's worth.

thoughts?

clyp.it/byn2z4ku

Have you tried recording a second layer of vocals so that it is two tracks playing at the same time?

its p neat. def needs some accompaniment, tho

I actually really like this user. I like how your voiced is strained. Are you playing with fingers? I think it would give your guitar more heft with a pick, but I'd like to hear more.

does this count as an ep?
clyp.it/wuqjrfr5

>singing is shit

Have you heard Weezer, Carseat Headrest, Interpol, Surfer Blood or other bands where the vocalist just kinda does his own weird thing?

I don't think your singing is shit but it sounds like you're talking in pitches instead of really moving air with force and projecting. Its much easier said than done but I like it. I'd listen to more.

The name of the song is Evergreen

vocaroo.com/i/s1GlW3r5crft

I need advice on my strumming rhythm and vocals.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1GlW3r5crft
Not bad user.

For strumming advice, do it more.
Go to ultimate-guitar.com and look up songs you like. Play along while listening and it'll help out both hands.

Singing is a lot tougher imo. You sound like you're talking in notes as opposed to really pushing air and trying to hit notes.

clyp.it/fuqeitny
That's an acoustic song

clyp.it/hu113xte
And this is a wip intro to a song that I'm working on

That's pretty good. And you're singing is good too, I think, but the other guy is right, you could try to project you're voice with some more power

I couldn't exactly record vocals the way I wanted to as the rest of the family was home

I also forgot to normalize the Vox recording

Which is always tough. But I liked it. Vocals are weird cause you can't always help how you sound.

I'd definitely like to listen to more though.

p7 senpai

clyp.it/gittkg3p

feels sorta dead overall - not necessarily the drums that are the problem. solo guitar tone's sorta weak too.

this is decent bedroom pop otherwise.

>clyp.it/b4ixc0gz
This is great annon. Your voice really gives me the Damon Albarn vibe ^^

clyp.it/n5pbiqib

Any thoughts on this mix, or the arrangement?

yee, it def needs to be mixed. I just feel like the drums could stand to be more syncopated.

I've no problems w/ the mix. I feel like that super busy pad in the background is a bit overwhelming, though. Like it's not bad in and of itself, but because the track is so repetitive, that tone over and over fatigues my ears.

OK thanks, what do you think I should do to change it, just lower the volume or do you think it should have some envelope movement or something?

Anyone wanna rap on this?
clyp.it/2d0j4ncc

I'm working on a full length of this stuff, it's pretty extreme and I made it all with fl studio

clyp.it/n4m1bjbs

clyp.it/2wihk4fs

It give me memories of flying in a primitive cgi landscape of geometric shapes

This is probably Satans thought patterns

I didn't listen too it because you uploaded it on voceroo and disobeyed OP

sounds like claymation diarrhea

a passing thought throughout the day, a sip of kombucha

Cheers, do you make music yourself?

this is me

>clyp.it/2wihk4fs

This is pretty intense man, is it all software synths?

Yep straight off fl studio stock plugins

you ARE extreme

clyp.it/liuuhems

A track I've been working on for about 6 months on and off

>pop

nice sound, got a nice real estate tone, you have great voice keep it up

you have a nice voice, you're just not pushing for those notes, express yourself, let go

the drum arrangement is nice, very either/or sounding, maybe just a bit of boost on the high end would do them a bit more justice, your guitars sound a little untuned though

some interesting ideas, just a little to idiosyncratic, needs structure

favourite from the thread, lovely drums, love the EQ sweeps very nice, keep going

clyp.it/eqknjlau

First time recording, thoughts?

i'll listen to this thread later...

clyp.it/ui4qf3pt
shoegaze without guitars ;)

This is kind of sad but it's like musical irony or something but I like it

clyp.it/ldc2fdjy

I came up with this. Is it a good enough motif to build a piece around it?

clyp.it/uyhiqsev
Ariana Grande harsh noise

bump

so, what's interesting about the noise here? sounds like utter shit to me
didn't pull my heart strings particularly, but the rhythm of it is sorta cool, and with a better tone it might be more impactful. I say go for it - flesh it out.