HOLY SHIT

Was not expecting a good return from them, let alone a great return. What a fucking fantastic album. Thank You so much Foxygen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bkG9BKgDvNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not good. his voice ruins it everytime. great sound arrangements but the fucking vocals dont match. sounds like a bad attempt a lou reeds solo stuff
tho I would say the intro/outro for America is 10/10 but unfortunately we don't get to hear it longer

6/10

nice viral marketing

saged and reported

I agree, don't get why so many people seem to hate it (and the band)

Fantastic. What more do you expect from a vocalist?
He carries the tunes with a personality that cannot be replicated and furthermore he is a very talented vocalist with many different types of inflections.
What makes this album so exhilarating to me are the arrangements and the instrumentation, both of which are rich, varied, dense and vibrant. The duo obviously took a lot of time mastering these songs in the studio, and it takes a lot of skill to play along w/ arrangements that dense but they pull it off seemlessly

we must have heard two different albums because what I've heard was some of the cringiest bullshit I've heard in a while

just wait until Fandango gives it a nine and people will start loving it

>What makes this album so exhilarating to me are the arrangements and the instrumentation, both of which are rich, varied, dense and vibrant.
I already said I agree on that part being excellent
but again the vocalist is horrible he doesn't carry shit.

heres how a talent vocalists performs youtube.com/watch?v=bkG9BKgDvNI

he did a better job on Broadway

It's the most derivative shit since Oasis, every single tracks sounds like a song I've heard before

You probably have no sense of taste for 70's prog pop or glam rock.

I bet you don't even know who Mark Bolan is

>Mark Bolan

Mock this man

if the album requires you to have preexisting knowledge to get it. then its not a good album

Hello, Jagjaguwar intern. kys.

no, it just means that you're taste hasn't expanded enough to give a proper opinion to this album....but whatever.. music is subjective i guess

Well excuse me for forgetting to put a fucking "c"

>no, it just means that you're taste hasn't expanded enough to give a proper opinion to this album.
what does that even fucking mean

It means that if you don't like these genres like Glam Rock or Progressive Pop or at least have experience on listening to that music of those times, then how are you suppose to properly articulate what you enjoy about a piece of music when it is being influenced by sounds that are foreign to you? That's the truest way to tell whether something is truly unique/creative.

I think it's someone trying (badly) to rebut the (stupid) argument that every work of music must be totally self contained with no reference to what has come before. Naturally, because this is Sup Forums, they did it badly and made it about "y-your taste is shit!".

is still a fucking moron though.

This album is shit

didn't even realize this came out already, thanks for the reminder

but I like both of those genres and still think this album is awful.

this album is dog shit

this album is fox shit

Is the cover supposed to be some sort of reference to Meat Puppets II?

I think the album sounds good. It's not the typical kind of music I like to listen to, but the instrumentals are fun and the lyrics are simple but carry a legitimate meaning. I think he was trying to make an album that simulated the late 70's sound and it succeeded in doing that. People are just jaded and think good music is only able to be off-kilt and abstract.

I liked On Lankershim, especially the beginning, but they should have used the same mood of the beginning at least one more time further in the song

Surprised no one mentioned that it was released on inaugeration day and the song America is fucking awesome

leaked week ago tho

Well leaked doesnt have anything to do with the release date. Although America was actually released as a single way back in October but still it's quite a coincidence. Or is it?

Surprising how much I enjoyed this, and I still think the last good thing Foxygen put out was take the kids off Broadway