Post your top 3x3 albums

Post your top 3x3 albums and rate the others.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=srEeu4D0-GM
youtube.com/watch?v=29U7S9GC_zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

++Bjork, Death Grips, Fall of Troy
7/10
you seem like a pretty cool person.

recent faves not really overall top
chill af
I'd rec some "brutal prog" or maybe Ground-Zero

Idk how accurate this is but it's what I'm feeling lately

Try Unwound - The Future of What or Repetition

Long shot but if you like St. Vincent and NOTM you could try Aoki Takamasa + Tujiko Noriko - 28 for glitchy pop stuff

idk much about drone metal, you probably know Boris but if not they rule

>Move of ten
Interesting choice. How does it compare to Oversteps? I just finished listening through their studio albums and I'm starting on the EPs now
Disco Inferno is pretty cool if you want weird plunderphonic pop post rock stuff

bbmp

nearly everything on your chart would be somewhere in my top 30 I think

All maximum comfy

Don't have a 3x3 readymade so I'm just posting this. Just take the first 9 as mine I guess. I could use some recs, I feel pretty entry-level still

I feel like you'd like Spoon

Either you sleep too much or don't sleep (almost at all).
Boring at parties but good at any other social interaction.
Relaxed most of the time.
You don't talk with your family too much, but you're just ok with them.
Social, or at least you try and don't fail miserably.

Right on. Loveless is probably #10 on my list.

What's Substance like? I really enjoyed about half of PC&L but wasn't so sure about the other half and someone recommended it to me. I fucking love the first recording of Ceremony so I was bummed to learn that they rerecorded it for that compilation.

You a fan of LSD And The Search For God? If not you'd probably like them a lot.

Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand

You should listen to Disco Inferno also. Their album D.I. Go Pop is sort of abrasive at first but it combines Mark Hollis/Talk Talk post rock influence, unbelievable sampling work and a little bit of post-punk. They also have The 5 EPs which is a lot more pop.

A little bit of both. Judging by Grouper I assume you probably sleep a lot.

Is Portishead's s/t as good as Dummy or Third?

Natural Snow Buildings might be up your alley

> Is Portishead's s/t as good as Dummy or Third?
I like it more than both. Is like a dark version of Dummy, kinda in the middle of both (something a little obvious). So I'd say, yes, at least as good.
I usually sleep just 7 hours. I don't know if that's too much, or too little.

>Social, or at least you try and don't fail miserably.
lol, scary accurate. Thankfully, gotten very good at it.

Substance is basically all their biggest club hits, singles, 12" mixes. It's by far the most essential New Order recording.

Its kinda cheating choosing it over one of their actual albums as it's a compilation, but it's really the purest distillation of the band and a monument to their influence IMO

>Is like a dark version of Dummy
That sounds tight. I'll check it out, thanks.

I'll also check out Substance. It sounds like the rest of the album is gonna make up for the different Ceremony recording.

>I'll check it out, thanks.
You're welcome. Hope you like it.

Bump

I'm assuming this is all time (these aren't even necessarily my favorite albums of all time)

+at the drive in, the powers that b
fall of troy and glassjaw are cool but not cool enough to warrant a + or "eh" enough to warrant a ~
have you listened to any death grips material post their "break up" because I sure as fuck haven't

+new order, smashing pumpkins, my bloody valentine
are you my mother

I forgot the image because I'm drunk

your mother sounds awesome. Is she hot?

extremely, she loves blasting deftone's pink cellphone to unnerve her passengers every now and again

lul I guess my tags are fucked up.

Only album I even recognised was 's labor days, which I enjoy.

if you haven't checked out float too I suggest giving these two tracks a try at the very least:
youtube.com/watch?v=srEeu4D0-GM
youtube.com/watch?v=29U7S9GC_zk

recs?

Can't be fucked at the moment, since I'm drunk I want easy to swallow music with striking visuals like GTKmxBtaMF4 on youtube.

This chart: Person Pitch is pretty damn good.

Damn, no offense user, but I want to bone the shit out of your mom.

Can I be your step dad?

I like/love everything here but can't give you any distinct recs :c

that's my top scrobbles though, you might dig faith no more if you haven't discovered them already

interestingly enough my dad died just over a year ago and my mom's dating someone... who happens to be my manager at work

I live a very strange life

Post a pic of her.

you can blur the eyes out or some shit if you want. I was supposed to go out but plans changed. I need something to jerk it to.

Again, no offense.

Just started taking music seriously for a little over a year now so go easy on me ;) recs please

i miss toe ;_;
gonna check that spooky album on the middle right
tera melos is fucking great
check bert jansch for more folk sadness like elliott smith
check astrobrite for MBV but louder an with no drums
i don't really know what to rec you. pavement or gbv
grouper is 10/10
have you listened to the new single?

Yeah, I can see that what you're saying is true.
Try with Flying Lotus, Nick Drake, Panda Bear, Smashing Pumpkins, Genius/GZA, I don't know, just listen to the entry level stuff (besides those ones) and then keep going.

If you like death grips and slint, you might try Hella, which was the band Zach Hill was in before Death Grips. Andy & Zach's band the ilys might interest you too.

> have you listened to the new single?
I LOVED it. Though I didn't like I'm Clean Now too much, Headache was damn perfect.

try CLLPNG
fugazi - repeater
or if you've heard that one then listen to the argument
try
Loren Mazzacane Connors - Airs

>repeater over 13 songs
who does this

WAITING ROOM MAN, WAITING ROOM

> try Loren Mazzacane Connors - Airs
Looks interesting, thanks.

don't forget team sleep and his drum loop used on dillinger escape plan's dissociation

move of ten is almost as fantastic as oversteps (from the perspective of someone who thinks oversteps is 10/10)
and yeah i ought to check out DI's stuff at some point despite I'm really iffy on some 1st wave post-rock material
>tera melos is fucking great
honestly one of the best math rock albums I've ever heard, but the one thing that always bothers me is that most people seem not to like Melody 8 for some reason... maybe noisy free improv based tracks are more difficult listening than i perceive them to be. idk

The albums that follow are better than both.

melody 8 is really great.
i haven't listened to any other Tera Melos album because i've heard that they got less jazzy and more mainstream. is that true?

user, you still haven't answered my request.

Pics of your mom or no?

If no, at least be polite and say so rather than leave me hanging.

> I want pics of your mom
> Be polite
This is damn funny.

black tambourine - complete recordings
cc dust - s/t
spk - leichenschrei
butthole surfers - hairway to steven
shellac - 1000 hurts
rapeman - two nuns and a pack mule
also sleep vol 1 is rly underrated imo
give p-funk and tera melos a listen if you haven't already