errr glam whatever

has anyone but x japan made avant-glam?

waiting for that new wave of Glam metal to happen

youtube.com/watch?v=sGOO8FrSeag

Venom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO Y LMAO

le vektor terminal redux dae le cucktor xD pwn’d ftw le gojira narwhale xP

encucked xD prepthebullcerate lmao! :p

upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen ensemed ebugoktor gutting the general!!1 lel nu-male lel epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p atmoSHIT!! :DDD XD glam>:D lol SLAM111 bulldozing slamz, for the lulz!! xD le sodom cum in ass :) just epic, simply epin KEKTOR nu-males :o WE RIFFS NOW :DDDDDDDDD,

le dae numale dissoshitI!!!! le epic glamfag here, ama :D, enslaved or encucked? keke ebin… NUMALE SLUDGE :D XDDDDD, here have some $lamz, lelele so much ebin 420 smoke weed!!!!!11 dae le gojira? :D le riffs ftw! epic memes, nu-males huh!? >:) tips fedora, le any1 atmoshitter? t. blackie EBIN WOW memez? HE IS DA PAINKLLA! 8D YTMD :))))))))

EPIC $lamz!………… GLAM (im so randum :) dae la atmoshit!!! GLAM :dd dae does it djent? le sad varg faec. IM EURONYMOUS, dae VARG!? LAMPS XDddd!!!11 le NU-MALE blakie! hehehehada dh…. ATMOSHIT/ @:=] kappa :D

le glam is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. ILLEGAL $LAMZ!!!!!1 GLAM SLAM GSLAM. top kek, toppest of keks. le does it djent? hahahaha le riffs. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit : rips a bong AHHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M E

the only good black metal band

Vektor - Terminal Redux (2016 Earache Records)

>no bjorn speed strid and paradise lost
6/10

>#1 metal album of 2017 on RYM right now

is it actually good /metal/?

Do you like prog metal which sounds halfway between DT, Leprous and Haken with vocalist that sounds like Mike Patton?

It's alright but it's no Terminal Redux

Have you heard their other albums? If you heard Remedy Lane or Perfect Element you should know what to expect.

This sounds like thrash metal meets post-hardcore, and i fucking love it.

>that album you've been listening to on repeat since it came out
What's her name /metal/?

that's basically what it is, a bunch of grimy early thrashers listening to a lot of die kreuzen

Q: One thing that intrigues me is how you arrive at conclusions about certain genres of music. For example, you openly dislike heavy metal. Why is that?
A: Because it's symphonic bombast without the technical complexity of classical music, although there is a lot of virtuosity. I can say this--I'm 72. This isn't the time for me to start liking really loud guitar solos. That music is so masculine in a retrograde way. I don't like it. It's a very 19th century idea of power.

youtube.com/watch?v=oem_IkGnj8E

Love the solo in this.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

What does /metal/ think of Nails?

They're good but they're no Vektor

>Cuckgau

the only "black metal".

Wormrot is better memegrind

trips = truth

Lel

>says that he likes Metallica's politics but dislikes their tough guy image
>doesn't review any Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, or Black Sabbath after the first three albums and just relegates them to his Meltdown list
>reviews one Megadeth album and gives it a B simply because he likes Dave's politics
>only reviews one Pantera album which gets a bomb rating

LOL. LOL. Lyl.

>The "I post in /metal/ and my taste is fucking superior" starter pack

thats what it says

Terminal Redux [Earache Records, 2016]
Grand, powerful, grating, and surprisingly lyrical, with words that cast aspersions on NYC (violence you know) and make me like it, or at least not hate it (virtually a first for the Vektors), this does for progressive-thrash fusion what John McLaughlin's Devotion did for jazz-rock fusion. The secret as usual is that Dave DiSanto is playing more--he does remind me of McLaughlin, too, though he prefers to glide where McLaughlin beats his wings. In compensation, Blake Anderson supplies more action than Buddy Miles. Less soul, though--which is why the jazz-rock fusion is more exciting. A-

never ask /meal/ as long as you want real opinions.

>only reviews one Pantera album which gets a bomb rating

desu Reinventing the Steel was shit

So I actually listened to that shitty proge album about autism and I found out it features Arjen Lucassen and Damian Wilson, I mean what the hell?

youtube.com/watch?v=6aHoNwyhpJc

This is a good chart thanks

10/10 read in big man Tyrone voice for some reason

>gau reviewing pantera

just imagine it

>reviews one Megadeth album and gives it a B simply because he likes Dave's politics

What's funny is that his review of SFSGSW complains that the album's guitars and vocals are weak when he's always ranting how mindless wankery and opera vocals aren't what rock-and-roll is about.

stop getting trips

robertchristgau.com/xg/cg/ts94-94.php

>It's been a bad year for bad records. Eager though I was to prove my iconoclasm by flailing such variously overrated cynosures as Elvis Costello, Tony Bennett, Seefeel, Pantera, and the Pizzicato Five, again and again I found myself stricken by doubt, invariably occasioned by something even more disquieting: pleasure. So instead this year's Turkey Shoot specializes in the long-predicted Nevermind effect--mediocre pseudoalternatives from every corner of this embittered, all too grateful land of ours.

Thoughts on Cultes des Ghoules?
youtube.com/watch?v=Se90eQhC7D0

Christgau is a hack

>yfw you were once a pleb and thought Master of Puppets was the heaviest album of all time

Got a new vinyl copy of Mayhem Live in Zeits 1990 from the shop in Chicago earlier, anyone want pics?

1994 would have been around when Far Beyond Driven came out, ie. where Phil started writing songs about his feels instead of being a badass.

I remember when I discovered death metal. I was like wow metal with no slow light songs. Great. All of my friends kept up with me in my metal journey until then.

>Sunbather by Deafheaven? I love that album dude!

>yfw you once thought Vulgar Display of Power was the heaviest album of all time

This can't be the same band that made Remedy Lane

That's because it is.

As far as mainstream, major label stuff goes, it's one of the top 5 anyway.

>about to go out and see some hardcore/powerviolence show
>band on fb ranting about how trump supporters are not welcome at the show
really wish these fuckers would stop talking about politics

o well, fuck you acxdc

That's cause it isn't

Is there a single other groove metal album that comes even close to this?

>hardcore/powerviolence show
>being surprised when the bands are anti-trump

They were running out of ideas by that time and there really was no way they could top Trendkill.

And then you discovered Anaal Nakrath.

im not surprised people have different opinions, i just hate when people say "x are not welcome"

Where do I go next if I love Dismember?

Entombed

Entombed

This is basically a retro 80s album though, right down to the mixing and guitar tone.

Vektor - Terminal Redux

I like all that stuff. Can I be 18 again?

And the lack of bass. Shades of AJFA.

Enwewmbed

Let's post our guilty pleasures.
Mine is Deafheaven.

Kind of, but there's no solos and it's just not 80s-feeling without a cheeseball shredder solo.

>having guilty pleasures
>in 2017

I hate myself for liking this.

thank you

Name one 80s album that sounds like it

There is literally nothing wrong with Dragonforce's first two albums.

Killing Technology

What does metal think of Ayreon?

Drums are too tingy for me

This, whats to feel guilty about? Having girls actually like a bit of the stuff you listen to, oh no, not that.

Arjen is based, but he relies too much on guests preforming his material instead of collaborating with them. The Theory of Everything is just so monotonous and shows signs of him wearing out
Oddly enough his solo album was great though

I know. I just can't ever mention dragonforce without someone bringing up through the fire and the flames and shit. It's a shame because inhuman rampage and ultra beatdown had some good songs too (just not as many)

Nice b8

What is /metal/'s AOTY for 2007?

Pic related is mine

Mekong Delta - Lurking Fear, but pretty shit year desu

I'll check that one out though, looks kool

It's good. Sounds a bit like a mix of Demilich and Incantation.

>Demilich worship before the 2010s
Now I definitely have to hear it

I wouldn't exactly call it worship; it's distinct enough to have a unique identity.

Who is the Castlevania of metal?

Sadist (at least on one song)

youtube.com/watch?v=FQIUrGop0jU

Ignore the space lyrics.

youtube.com/watch?v=TqEsq8QpNIQ

>that Nerlich album
>Kiss of the Thorn by A Tortured Soul
>The Curse of the Crystal Viper by Crystal Viper
>Urn Of Blood Cemetery Urn
>The Last Sodomy of Mary by Goatlord
>The Funebrarum/Interment split
>Alal by Misanthropy Legion