I feel as if The White Stripes kicked off the 2000s with the song "Seven Nation Army" just as I feel like Nirvana...

I feel as if The White Stripes kicked off the 2000s with the song "Seven Nation Army" just as I feel like Nirvana kicked off the 1990s with the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Anyone else feel the same way? Do you think I'm giving them too much credit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1fM2qhG8mA4
youtube.com/watch?v=0N2wopB1-1M
youtube.com/watch?v=eZj49wmpDHc
youtube.com/watch?v=XtxsnpEnIEw
youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=b31huBl-o1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bRXJ87TJiao
youtube.com/watch?v=5WtJJ8jiwBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmao this thread is so gay

post meg's tits

all of these years.. and i still cant tell whether shes ugly or hot

The White Stripes and Foo Fighters are the reason Rock died...

Fully their fault! Seriously worse than Nickleback...

In a way yes because like Nirvana they brought a small sub genre of rock into the spotlight. But I think Nirvana did it on a much larger scale

I think the Foos and the Stripes did the complete opposite. They found the perfect balance between pop and hard wiithout it being pandering.

One of the worst threads I've seen. At least the other shit threads have a layer of irony cushioning the blow. This is sincere which makes it so so much worse.

Don't compare the foo fighters and TWS. Jack actually had a unique guitar tone and vocal style.

So then who kicked off the 2010's?

Asshats like this are why this board can't decide if it's only pretending to be retarded or actually is retarded.

She's ugly, but she has some fucking amazing cowtits. I like to imaging her as some kind of medieval peasant servant girl that I, as the local nobility, pick up during a feast and rail the everloving fuck out of.

No offense but I'd like to stab you in the throat.

Reminder that seven nation army became a sogn that was spammed everywhere in italy because of 2006 world cup

white stripes kicked off with fell in love with a girl

it was even all the way back when MTV2 was cool

meg looks like such a bitch

she looks like a drag to be around

foo fighters were actually kinda cool in the late 90s with stuff like everlong and that mellow one where they cross dress as airline stewardesses or whatever

why did i laugh

If you ever hear Jack talk about her in interviews he pretty much says that's what she is. He acted like it kept him honest and grounded. Like he'd be really excited about something he wrote and she'd be like "big fucking deal."

Apparently she's also nearly impossible for him to get in-touch with nowadays too.

I wonder how much money she got for doing fucking nothing.

name a rock band from this century better than QOTSA

protip: you can't mate

qotsa was only cool when nick was in the band

it got mega gay after that

That's Dave Lombardo and Kerry King

QOTSA could create the greatest album on Earth and I'd still want Homme to take a bullet to the head. I hope he gets his dick chopped off.

underrated post

Still looking for some good pics user.

/thread.

Holy shit dude.

>I, as the local nobility

y u hate him

is he a douchebag

i read hes a douche
i heard some interview with him and he was trashing the producer for SFTD calling him a chump and talking shit about him and then i watched a video with the producer and he seemed super normal and a cool guy

Don't pretend like you can't picture that exact scenario playing out in your own mind. She's plain-looking but sexually attractive enough that it makes my dick as hard as a rock.

i find it fucking hilarious that jack white hates the black keys because they 'stole his ideas'

yea man, bluesy riff rock is so fucking original

It's equally as retarded for the Black Keys to pretend that they literally never heard of the White Stripes.

Yeah, he's an ENORMOUS douche.

I don't know dude, I'm not inot medieval stuff... but, now that I think about... excuse me, I'm going to look if I find some nice pictures.

BINGO

Put that platter down and let's go fuck in the stable, wench.

Thanks, user.

well man...its kind of different between jack white and old blues and jack white and black keys

they play the same exact fuzzed out noisy blues with the black keys coming later and literally making a blatant ripoff of the white stripes name

white stripes=white keys on piano
black keys=black keys on piano

white stripes were basically a ripoff of the flat duo jets though

go read up on how they came up with the name the black keys, it has nothing to do with the white stripes

and the early black keys albums have plenty of oldschool blues stuff, they have an entire album dedicated to covering songs from one of their favorite blues guys

they didn't steal anything. it's blues rock.

Stop defending the Whack Keys.

the first couple black keys albums are good for what they are, blow me

Do you think Jack only kept her around just because of her tits because it sure as hell isn't because of her skills as a drummer.

>Sup Forums
>music discussion

I mean, she isn't terrible. But yeah, I'd do the same to be honest.

Heheheh. Whatever you say, user.

She'd make a fantastic wet nurse.

I guess so. But I think Nirvana is still considerably bigger than the white stripes

Nah, The Sickness was the album that began the 2000s. Everything that defined the decade was there, right down to the cover art.

Agree.

Besides:

>The Sickness: Release date March 2000
>Elephant: Release date April 2003

At the same time, Californication closed out the 90s.

songs like, I fought piranhas, hand spring, lets build a home, their's no home for you here, candy cane children, party of special things to do, take take take, and cream soda ect...ect... make me feel as though not enough credit is given to the white stripes. they're what got me into playing music. their live shit, specifically their renditions ball and biscuit off of under the great white northern lights, any performance of let's build a home or youtube.com/watch?v=1fM2qhG8mA4 made me realize the shit you can pull with writing music of you're own. i dont think enough credit is given to them.

Seven Nation Army isn't a bad song, but it's really just another of the "Life sucks, I want to escape from the bullshit of this world" tunes that hundreds of other bands had been doing for decades. Born To Run is essentially the same song.

These guys are also beloved among hipsters and dadrockers.

>haha this thread is so bad
>they aren't even being edgy and ironic and detached haha what a fag
>ill show how shitty this thread is by actively involving myself in it and making a post that contributes nothing, i'm very smart and making this board a better place

>Do you think I'm giving them too much credit?
Yes.

I know plenty of regular dudes that like the White Stripes. Also my buddy's 60 year old mother but it's OK because she looks like she'd give good head.

>I know plenty of regular dudes that like the White Stripes. Also my buddy's 60 year old mother but it's OK because she looks like she'd give good head.

They only know SNA though.

Noted hipster/dadrocker Christgau gave all their albums As.

The Mars Volta

>>/r/music

Post grunge in general killed rock music

That version of Death Letter Blues is one of the strangest things I've ever encountered. I hate it. It's may be one of the worst things I've ever heard, especially when it comes to a trendy middle class white guy trying to do a "creative" version of a blues classic. Seriously, it's horrible, it sounds awful, and I genuinely can't see how anyone could enjoy listening to it.

Yet, White Stripes fans love it. I'm consistently sent that video whenever someone wants to impress me, and show me how good of an artist Jack White really is.

Gene Simmons says it's because you pigs downloaded music for free. :^)

it's not revolutionary but you seriously think it's that bad? it's a pretty straightforward blues cover as far as I can tell. Nothing amazing, nothing objectively terrible.

the 2000's started on January 1, 2001

your a dorable

okay okay, what about these then?
let's build a home live:
youtube.com/watch?v=0N2wopB1-1M
party of special things to do live:
youtube.com/watch?v=eZj49wmpDHc
astro/jack the ripper live:
youtube.com/watch?v=XtxsnpEnIEw
red rain live:
youtube.com/watch?
Man live:
v=_EMHh_PBLVY
youtube.com/watch?v=b31huBl-o1Q
when i hear my name live:
youtube.com/watch?v=bRXJ87TJiao
candy cane children live:
youtube.com/watch?v=5WtJJ8jiwBY
if you don't dig, i get it. you dont gotta. but i think there's something real about the white stripes. i feel like you can't honeslty listen to them and go. "this isn't genuine, this is heartless bull crap".

and im 21, lol i fell in love with them in the 7th grade, and once again im not trying to force you to like them. i just really respect and connect to what it is they've done. I think they've really pushed live performances and music in general to the limit and there is a level of respect to be given beyond the hits of 7 nation army and fell in love with a girl ect ect. just me, feel free to dislike all you want. that's what makes music so great!

Man... if only they still resided in detroit. I would cum all over her tits

I thought that was a ruse desu

You hate it? Huh, do you think it defiles the good name of the Blues or something? Give me something work with