Anyone else thinks the Eiffel tower is really ugly and should be destroyed?

Anyone else thinks the Eiffel tower is really ugly and should be destroyed?

I mean, just look at it, all it is some grayish metal beams stacked upon each other. We might as well stare wonderingly at a half made skyscraper with it's insides and structure still showing.

The Eiffel tower doesn't represent anything. It's not beautiful nor natural. It's like a giant zit on Paris' otherwise charming face.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-Chapelle?oldformat=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>a giant fucking pylon represents paris

They're doing it all wrong.

You, obviously, aren't an architect.

One doesn't have to be an architect to tell beauty apart from trash.

It's a shame London is buying into the skyscrapers meme, Gothic revival is god tier

>Built with mexican copper
Nah m8, it's beautiful

>that thick layer of pollution under a bue sky

Thanx for the Eiffel church btw

I think it's wonderful and a pinnacle of end XIX century's structural engineering.

t. Civil engineer

It's distinctive, and by the end of the day that's all that really matters Tbh

>Foreigners are so dumb they chose the Eiffel Tower as a stereotype instead of all the other great landmarks

You are doing it all wrong

france = eiffel tower
brits = big ben
italy = colosseum
usa = liberty statue
brazil = redentor christ
hungary = ????????????????????????

This. The perspective from the Invalides to the Grand Palais through the Alexandre III bridge is the most beautiful in Paris.

Good posts.

Right or wrong when people think of Paris they think of the Eiffel Tower. I do too but I often think about Notre Dame aswell.

Why does an entire city is being forced to stare at something on a daily basis for centuries only a structural engineer really appreciates?

See, now that is magnifique!

Our parliament of course

I like the Eiffel Tower tbf, but some other places are just better
The Arc de Triomphe must be my favorite
I'm ok enough with the tower representing Paris, I'm more mad and it's used for the whole country

>tfw no symbolic building

>one of his most famous landmark is an unfinished building
I feel sorry for you.

How's the inside ? The French parliament is an average neo-classical building but the inside is pretty good

It looks pretty good. The worst part is that it's impossible not to see it from whichever part of Pari s you're in

Much like Versailles, except much a lot less lavish because we didn't bankrupt our country to build it.

That said, I do wish it looked a bit more like Versailles. I'm extremely fond of the Hall of Mirrors.

literally what? nobody knws this building

looks like a cheap copy of brits' with a dome

Damn that looks pretty good.

It's a fine piece of construction and a really well executed work of a brilliant architect.
But of course, a dust-hugging social studies graduate like you wouldn't understand.

He's right, despite its avant-garde design it's an ugly and pointless national landmark and an eye sore on the skyline of Paris.

Check out the Hall of Mirrors man, it makes that room pale in comparison.

It's a marvel of technology and efficient material use.
But like I said, dust huggers gonna hate.

Yeah I know, I'm French, I went to Versailles a few times already. Still, I like the Central European aesthetics a lot. I'd like to visit Czechia and Hungary.

Both rooms look very lavish but the Hall of Mirrors ceiling paintings are what makes the difference I think
If you like it check out the Opéra Garnier

>gothic revival
>not even early 13th-century gothic

Extraordinary manner to wave the Dutch flag

Best we got and we didn't even make it

You guys have Escorial. It's famous all over the world.

>best
That torch doesen't even burn, for fucks sake. Is it hard to get a gas pipe there and make an eternal fire?

yeah but theres plenty of other, equally famous ones.

like the capitol, the white house, empire state, chrysler etc.

Superior gift here.

Meh, on its own it's not really nice but the Trocadero built around it makes it look rather pleasant overall. It's more about the big picture rather than the overall aesthetics of the building.

>The Eiffel tower doesn't represent anything.
It represents technological advancement during the Belle Époque. When it was built it was by far the largest manmade structure on the planet (though it was meant to be temporary).

Brits are the last ones in a position to complain to be honest. Keep in mind that this is within spitting distance of the giant glass dildo.

Wouldn't be surprised if some muzzie tries blowing it up

Extraordinary manner to get trips
We best allies nao

Except the faggot sitting behind it hated the brits.

Countries which don't have a 1000 year old castle in their capital thinking they can chat shit.

It's made of steel beams, bomb blast can melt it.

They actually tried it in 1992. You've never heard of it because based GIGN prevented it. An airplane was hijacked in Algeria but the terrorists were shot (with only one casualty on the French side, and even then it was non-lethal I think) in Marseille.

True but that doesn't mean it's nice to look at

i hate this ugly piece of shit too

He still used the desk, it must have pained him to do so. At least Churchil's bust is back in the office.

It's not as airy as the Hall of Mirrors, but there's no denying the pure skill and art that went making into that room. Beautiful.

Sigh. I'm a sucker for traditional designs. The biggest beef I have with a lot of architecture is that it is missing the elements of both humanity and nature. But those are the things that make something truly worth looking at.
Take this room for example. The main focus is placed on people, but they still managed to steal a bit of nature into it, flowers and leaves, curves that flow like water, creating a nice blend of harmony.
Now that, is art.

Paris = overrated

>tfw the Opéra Garnier's ceiling has been ruined by Chagall.
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea ?

Romanian parliament>Hungarian parliament

>it's green because it's rusted as fuck

it's made of copper, clean it already you filthy pigs.

penis envy

>green
I have bad news for you, m8.

Who cares when we have this masterpiece from the XIIIth
The walls are made of more glass than stone, the whole bible is depicted and almost all of the stained glasses are still the original from when it was first built 700 years ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-Chapelle?oldformat=true

I wouldn't say it's overrated, it really is amazing in many aspects
But people tend to forget it's a really massive city and not an open air museum so they are disapointed when they run into regular metropolis problems like pollution, lots of foreigners or rude people

I'm sorry, I don't talk to people from pretend countries.

No need to talk, just type.
It's light blue, not green.

The Eiffel Tower unironically caused a lot of penis envy. Eiffel was actually offered a lot of money by the Brits to build a bigger, better tower but he refused (in his own words because accepting this offer wouldn't make him appear as good a Frenchman as he'd like). The Brits then built three towers of their own: one in London, one in Blackpool and one in some northern post-industrial shithole. Only the one in Blackpool still stands, ignored by everyone.

Mostly tourists. Dumb tourists picked the Eiffel Tower as the 'nice, must-visit' monument (maybe because the view on the top is nice?). I prefer the view from the Tour Montparnasse though, mostly because you don't have to look at the Tour Montparnasse.

>maybe because the view on the top is nice

I couldn't say, I go to Paris every year since I was born and never went to the top of the tower even if I've visited lots of less known things there
Thumbs up for the Invalides and its army museum

I am a Greek

I identify as a Greek too

An ugly tower for an ugly city. Fuck Paris, it's a third world shithole.

could you please stop saying that in every thread?
everyone already knows that Germany flags are not reliable and there's a potential turkroach behind it on every post.

>Anyone else thinks the Eiffel tower is really ugly and should be destroyed?

Yes, Henry de Lesquen.

It also has a real 3300 years old Egyptian obelisk on display right in the middle of the city

I am a Greek, not a turk.

>tfw no African monument in my town

I'm sure one of the many engineers and doctors coming from Syria will get to it

i wish my coutnry stole a few roman ruins from syria or some shithole that doesnt value them

you're all the same

The great thing is that it wasn't even stolen but it was a gift, so people can't use it to whine about how France robbed poor countries

Must be true when a subhuman says so.

you are the only subhuman here, you filthy smelly turkroach

How can a Greek be lower than an argentinian?

Paris has a number of such ugly fixtures.

is this the same azeri who always writes so well?

It doesn't look that bad
In the USA you'd have the same basic skyscraper except instead of beautiful architecture for the rest of the buildings they would be soulless concrete slabs

(OP)
france = eiffel tower
brits = big ben
italy = colosseum
usa = liberty statue
brazil = redentor christ
spain = sagrada familia
canada = toronto tower
china = great wall
india = taj mahal
turkey = hagia sophia
greece = acropolis
russia = saint basile basilic
mexico = pyramid of the sun
egypt = gizah's pyramids
tunisia = kairuan mosque
saudi arabia = kaa'ba
syria = ummayad mosque
australia = sydney's opera
lelgium = a guy who pisses

French people unironically built this.

Argentines don't have to flee their country, for starters, Mehmet.

peru = cuzco
cambodia = angkor vat
denmark = the small mermaid
malaisya = petronas tower
dubai = the huge tower

No Greek has ever left his country.

Congratulation for admitting you aren't greek then

I am a Greek

I'm the Greekiest

wut, Argentinian waiters in Mexico City are basically a meme here. Eurpe also has a ton of Argentinian immigrants.

>44 million Argentines of which 43 million are living in Argentina
>meanwhile, 15% of Mexico's population fled to USA

also

>13 000 living in mexico
there's literally more Argentines in Australia than in your shithole.

nice try though, you smelly shitskin.

Funny thing is Guy de Maupassant despised the eiffel tower so much he'd actually eat under it because it's the only place he couldn't see it from

really makes me think

I know a guy from Argentina. He said that slums in Toronto are worse than slums in Argentina

what building in poland is the most known?

>inb4 auschwitz

i hate your gay nation very much

I don't know slums in Toronto, but I'd go as far as to say he was probably lying.

theyre a meme not ebcasue its a thing but because mexicans get butthurt at argentines lol

>you smelly shitskin.

Luciano, I...

palace of culture in warsaw ofc. it's a symbol of Poland.

I don't know he lived in a bad mexican neighborhood in Chicago and moved to Toronto only to move back after a year and he was going on about how shitty Toronto was

>get absolutely destroyed
>post retarded memes from the autistic containment thread that is /lat/

keep embarrassing yourself José, it's really funny.
and send my regards to those fictional millions of """Argentine""" waiters you've got there.

Shukhov tower is better

Anything is better than Australia's ''iconic monument''