Best cd player for under £100?

Best cd player for under £100?

PlayStation One

anything from marantz or yamaha you find in thrift stores

true dat

Hehhehehe edgy

I don't know, my audio system is over 15 years old and it still works well

I have a NAD Monitor Series 5000 and have no major complaints apart from long seeking (prev/next) times. You could take a look at older DVD players, had a couple Pioneers and they were quite pleasant, also had a Philips with insane 20-second buffer. There was a funny scandal a while ago when $8.900 Goldmund Eidos 18D player turned out to be a Pioneer DV-300 stuffed into luxury aluminium case. Oh, and Commodore CDTV sounds quite sweet to my ears, too.

Thanks, user

No problem. If you`re on a tight budget, thrift shops and flea markets are your primary source of good equipment. A word of advice: always check what type of laser pickup is mounted in a CD player you`re interested in, and avoid those with exotic / extinct pickups. For instance Technics used a proprietary pickup that is impossible to find, so rather avoid that brand, unless it works 100% and is really cheap, like $10 or so. Above does not apply to DVDs: don`t touch them if they aren`t 100% working.

Not even kidding this

/thread

Care to elaborate? I heard that PS1 is a good player, but is it good as-is with stock audio out, or does it need some mods?

It has to be the one with RCA outputs

it was a specific model, the first one I think. It's very good though, even audiophiles like it.

> item added to junk shop search list

Thanks, and how about laser pickup longevity? Is it replaceable? Something typical?

if you're gonna use a console as a cd player get a sega saturn

OK, found it, KSM-440AEM, there are still new ones on the market, not bad.

BTW, I`m surprised that apparently no one tried modding Commodore CDTV. It sounds good (according to my 3rd level musical sensitivity) and the drive is built like a fukking tank. Probably not many enough survived to this day.

:/

whos the girl

My daughter

cute

NIGGA DEAD!