/nfc/ general

here we go again edition

ARZ:Bruce Arians okay after Tuesday hospital trip
NO:Fleener indeed works with starters Wednesday
DAL:Dez says his 'mind is right' leaving camp
SF:49ers targeting 3rd preseason game for Kap
TB:'Pretty clear' Brate one of Jameis' favorites
WAS:Gruden: 'We’ll take our time' with Doctson
CHI:Kyle Fuller's knee issue potentially serious?

nfl discord server
discord.gg/EzQK7At

Other urls found in this thread:

pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm
twitter.com/DougKyed/status/766384168506916865
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as always, post NFC dragons

Join the superior conference

So will the Lions backups beat the Bengal backups?

>DAL:Dez says his 'mind is right' leaving camp

kek

delete this

i think that game may had the best dragons of any ever

Not sure Bengals have more depth

It's crazy how stacked the R**skins are at WR where they don't really even need their 1st round to produce till mid season

>It's crazy how stacked the R**skins are at WR
???
they have a past his prime DJax, a past his prime santana moss, a decent pierre garcon, and crowder
how does that make for a "stacked" corps?

NFCE: Redskins
NFCN: Packers
NFCS: Panthers
NFCW: Seahawks

Wildcards: Cowboys, Cardinals

>packers tackling

They looked so fucking good the entire game and then they decide to shit the bed in OT

Reminder that Devontae Booker will have a longer, more successful career than Ezekiel Elliott.

Moss hasn't played in 2 years. I don't believe you know anything about their team in general.

how could you be so wrong with the nfce
giants are winning it easy, with a possible wc going to the boys

>two NFC East teams
>Division winner is the same as last year

get out

the packers secondary has been terrible for a while now

The Falcons have the toughest SOS this year...looks like another losing season. Just hope it doesn't get pegged on Quinn and they keep him for at least 1 more year.

you're not taking reed into account

djax is still a solid player even though all he really does is draw defenders and catch deep passes

the other starters are still good or at the very least decent, which will only be made more apparent when cousins decides he wants to prove himself a franchise quarterback and make good passes to them

>Lots of new pieces to a last place defensive team to
>O-line is still being developed
>Average Running game
>No receiving options after OBD and Donnell

I think that both the Cowboys and Redskins have a better chance to win the East than the Giants.

haha at least no one thinks the eagles are winning the east

Giants
Vikings
Falcons
Cards

WC: Packers Seahawks.

>giggles

not with the shit roster they have when compared to literally any of their divisional rivals

literally the only way they're going to outplay any of their divisional rivals is by performing voodoo magic to maim the other teams, or at least the skins and the cowboys since the giants are doing some funky voodoo shit to their own players

Any team can honestly win the East. Division games always leaves teams injured and can fuck up their season.

Any team except the iggles

daily reminder Eli is a defense babby and hasnt made the playoffs in half a decade

Dez Bryant is a real fucking noob

Highly unlikable твн

the giants held fourth quarter leads in more than ten games last year, going to the wire with the week one cowboys, the saints, the pats, and the panthers.
Ultimately, bad decisions by coughlin and an inability by the defense to get last minute stops is what led to the giants going 6-10 instead of competing for home advantage in the playoffs. Many pieces were added on defense through FA and the draft to address this.

As for your other points:
>another year of developing what was a decent line last year, starting left tackle going into second year
>good point. I have faith in rashad jennings tho
>who are sterling shepard, shane vereen, dwayne harris, and (big if) possibly victor cruz

idk m8 dallas looks like they will have the league last D this year, but I feel their offense will be good enough to carry them, sort of like the giants last year except it wasn't enough then
redskins I see regressing. Norman been getting btfo'd in camp

I thought everyone knew that already? He's always had receiving options and still found way to fuck things up.

>Norman been getting btfo'd in camp
Djax destroys anyone in camp. I remember watching him against Revis and he always blew right through him.

Historically a defense that is more FAs than being brought up by scheme don't do well. I can see them getting better next year, but this year they will struggle especially since Robinson is still developing and might not even pan out.

once eli became the focus of the team, the giants have sucked ass

flacco and eli are massive defense babies and always have been

everybody knows those QBs suck ass without a good defense

I'd still take Eli over Flacco. Eli may be a retard but he's shown to be clutch as hell

majority of teams without a good defense suck ass man

it's hard to win when you have to score 30+ points each game, which is something that the majority of offenses are incapable of doing

That's because it's a rebuilding year. Even so, it's possible if(when) Romo gets injured.

literally retarded

Eli has had career years under McAdoo. The Giants has the last ranked defense.
>If you don't have a winning season with a bottom 5 defense you're a defense baby
Same shit happened to Brees and no ones blaming him.

I don't think Quinn is anywhere near the hot seat yet. Even if they had a mediocre season, players and fans have really taken to him in a way Smitty never did. Also, I think Blank realizes that churning out new coaches every other year isn't going to get him anywhere and would probably do well to let Quinn keep doing his thang for at least a couple years.

Go redskins

posting for the cutest center in the nfc desu

Seahawks would gladly take Quinn back as DC.

so why does Brady get shit for losing the super bowl with the worst ranked defense in the league in 2011???

I don't get you guys reasoning

posting the best center in the nfc desu

Excuse me, just posting the best lineman in the ncf and possibly the nfl

Tyron Smith is better

>ncf

Hey boys ;)

Looking for the best center in town?

We all make mistakes. Life is about learning.

Travis Frederick is better

holy strawman batman

no one blames Brady for that shit, and I don't in particular

pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm
New England was bad in yards allowed but were better than average in points allowed
if case you're new, points are what's tallied to "win" the game, while yards just get you in position to get points

If the iggles beat the stoolers tonight does that confirm NFC > AFC once and for all?

I have no idea what to think about NFCW:

>Palmer's knees are on a timer
>Seahawks will choke
>Santa Clara is embroiled in way too much shit

The Rams aren't good enough to win the conference but I have no idea who will take it. I guess it depends how long the cards can stay healthy.

Alan Branch suspended

twitter.com/DougKyed/status/766384168506916865

>Inb4 Pats fans: "OY VEY IT'S JUST LIKE ANUDA DEFLATEGATE"

>Those endzones

Based as fuck

this shit is fucking autism

The Cards are possibly the most talented team in the NFL and well coached, they should be at the top of the division. Only Carson Palmer can hold them back.

The Seahawks are still playoff caliber but they're on the decline and a lot more suspect than people realize.

The Rams have some talent on defense but it's clear that Goff isn't going to be lighting up the league in his rookie year. They're still at least a year away from being a team to take seriously.

The 49ers are a 4-6 win team. Not much to explain there.

over/under weeks before palmer's knees give out again

Only the division winner is making the playoffs from the NFC East. It'll be the Redskins or the Cowboys. The Giants are going to be a 6-8 win team with their new coach.

Vikings confirmed owl champions.

The thing that remains to be seen is if Palmer can maintain what he did last year if he does somehow stay healthy.

The way he lost was so devastating.

Since it's pretty much confirmed Palmer will be injured, where does the leave the NFCW? I think the Rams might sneak in as a dark horse of Seattle chokes enough.

No more than five

Why are you a believer in the Rams and think Seattle will choke?

>>O-line is still being developed
The O-line on the left side is good
>Average Running game
That's because Coughlin did a 4 RB rotation with Andre fucking Williams
>No receiving options after ODB and Donnell
Sterling Shepard
Will Tye
Dwayne Harris was pretty good
and in training camp, people are raving about Roger Lewis

I'm hopeful that the oline will step up as a unit this year
I assume that by left side you mean richburg, pugh, and flowers, which I agree are solid
However john jerry was pretty good at pass blocking last year, just sucked ass at opening up running lanes... He's been working out with richburg this summer and I don't have a problem with him being the starter
Newhouse on the other hand...

Williams looked OK in the preseason game against the dolphins... he broke out a few nice runs... but he was playing against their second and third stringers, and still found a way to run into his blocks at time. He's been infuriating the past two seasons, to say the least.

>mfw watching the giants run it to the right with williams for negative yards every game

I think Seattle will choke because they choked plenty of times last season (how many fucking games did they lose in Q4), they got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, and only survived because the vikings apparently wanted the #1 choke position for themselves. They rarely looked in control of the game from an offense standpoint.

Their defense is great but Wilson can't keep up with the few points they do let through and that o-line didn't really get any better. Graham is out, and if they try to play him he'll only get more injured. Maybe Rawls will save them, but he's no Lynch.

Seattle is on the way out and Rams are in the way in, but it's more a question of if their trajectories pass this season on next.

To be honest the Rams don't have enough talent to win the division even if Palmer misses some time and the Seahawks regress. Seattle played better than a 10 win team last year so even if they decline they should still win 10 games or 9 at the very least.

Arizona is probably the most talented team in the NFC so even if Palmer misses time they can still win 10+ games. If he's relatively healthy all year they could go 13-3 or 14-2.

The Rams lost some of their better defensive players and their offense is trash outside of Gurley. I'm pretty sure they're going to take a step backwards this year. There's no way in hell they're sniffing 10 wins that's for sure.

That's fair, I don't know much about the Rams, I'm just not terribly optimistic about Cardinals and I'd be shocked if Seattle pulls it together next season.

I'm looking forward to seeing the full power of the cardinal team though, they are a pleasure to watch.

Anyone else going to the Seattle vs Vikings game tonight?

>The Rams lost some of their better defensive players

Who? All their main pieces are still there.

But the Rams are still only a 7 win team at the absolute best while the worst case scenario for the Seahawks is 8-8 and the Cards are still a 9 win team even if Palmer shits the bed this season.

I'm not sure williams even makes the cut after the preseason

The Giants are obviously keeping Vereen, Perkins, and Jennings, so it's between Williams and Darkwa for that last spot

>mfw Williams actually is on the roster this year

Rodney McLeod and Janoris Jenkins?

Those were pretty good players. Their defense is going to be worse than last year and it was the only reason they won any games. Their offense is still going to be hot garbage unless Gurley turns into Barry Sanders 2.0

This conference thread shit needs to stop.

Gurley could be Sanders 2.0 and it would still be hot garbage without the passing game.

>Jenkins is good meme

when are faggots gonna figure out why he sucked balls on the saints and played high fast in kellys system?

Wrong Jenkins retard

>conference thread shit needs to stop

fuckoff tripfag its been great

who?

Its been pretty shitty. It's autistic as fuck and I don't want to have to keep up with two different thread for the same shit. Literally what advantage is there?

If you want to discuss football, /nfc/ is the place to do that.

If you want to be a memelord, /afc/ is the place for you.

I mean, it sucks if you're a fan of an AFC team but fuck them.

>tripfags split up
>shitposters split up
>anonymous fun talk of sports returns
>extra 500 posts for quality discussion

Who would be complaining? oh right, tripfaggots.

It's fucking terrible. It divides your attention into multiple threads and also makes each thread go slower with only half the relevant conversation.

Plus, many users don't care for just NFC or AFC, they like NFL as a whole. It's as autistic as unnecessary middle management making a work place a nightmare.

afc has more posts than us

>divides your attention into multiple threads and also makes each thread go slower with only half the relevant conversation

sorry you can't multitask or allow other fans to discuss sports without being overshadowed. Hardly anyone is complaining but you fags.

>It divides your attention into multiple threads

It's your own fault if you root for an NFC and AFC team.

My team is in the NFC, therefore I only go to the /nfc/ thread.

Why didn't the Cardinals draft Dak Prescott?

Why did the Cowboys draft a running back at #4

>This conference thread shit needs to stop.

bitchboy, oldgay, the other faggot P*ts trips are all in their own containment thread, how is that bad?

HE GON BE DA NEXT EMMITT SMITH

>Emmitt Shit

>Philadelphia Eagles kicker Caleb Sturgis accidentally injured himself in warmups today when he mistakenly punted a ball up, straight at his head.

>he suffered a concussion and is ruled out for the game

YOU

CANNOT

MAKE THIS UP

>implying 3, 5, and 11 minutes for posts complaining about trips makes for quality and timely conversation.

8 posts in 16 minutes is godawful.

oldbay isn't a pats fan retard

bb/mayo hasn't posted for a week.

>Dave Spadaro @davespadaro 14m14 minutes ago Pittsburgh, PA
>No K Caleb Sturgis tonight. Wasn't wearing helmet before game on field, hit on head by punt, suffered concussion

Football is amazing, I'm so glad it's back.

>Caleb sturgis concussion by a punted football in warmups
Smh
Kickers will never get respect

I'm sorry, do you want to talk about football or do you just want to post as fast as possible?

>Iggles

>bitch about the way things are
>people reply
>waaa your posts suck

fuck off

no shit retard, i never said he was
sorry i didn't dumb it down to a 3rd grade level for you

>Waiting for EDP reaction video

i don't even but i can't stop laughing