/tinnitus/

when did you first get tinnitus?

has it gone away/come back?

any temporary cures or remedies you like?

share anecdotes and help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KVTNqzjzfF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>listen to music at the lowest possible volume while still being audible
>get tinnitus anyway

fuck this shit

sucks, dain't it?

you're not alone, don't worry. i deserve my tinnitus, i make noise music and i have my sound always at 5-10 (Windows 10)

you deserve everything you got for using headphones/earbuds
what matters is not the volume but the exposition time

>when did you first get tinnitus?
Maybe 5. Don't really remember life without it.

>has it gone away/come back?
On and off

>any temporary cures or remedies you like?
It probably doesn't work but I sometimes whistle at the frequency it's at and maybe 9 times out of 10 it stops.

>share anecdotes and help.
It's not that big of a deal, just keep sound low unless you really want to hear it.

I wear headphones over 10 hours a day btw but volume is set under 20

Maybe 5
ouch. sorry to hear. how'd you get it? genetic?

>I wear headphones over 10 hours a day btw but volume is set under 20
you'll fuck your hearing extremely fast with this habit

really? i do this too. 6 hours on weekdays and over 12 weekends for a few years now. shit

Probably. It came out of nowhere actually. The earliest memory I have of it was wandering on the carpet and hearing this weird heartbeat sound like a fan (defect?), a few years later it turned to ringing.
I'm probably gonna go deaf before 60. My maternal grandfather was obsessed with church choirs and now can barely hear, my dad blasts music unreasonably through speakers and is now asking people to repeat themselves. I at least try to do it less now.

WHAT??

I've had it my whole life, actually until I was 18 I thought it was just the noise of electricity flowing or something since it's only quiet enough to hear it when I'm inside a building anyway.

Even when I realized what it was I still didn't really care, I just started wearing earplugs to all loud concerts and not listening to music loud on earbuds. I think the note is close to a B

WHEN DID YOU FIRST GET TINNITUS?!?!?!?!?!??????!!!!!

HAS IT GONE AWAY OR COME BACK!?!?!??????!!!!!!!?!?

ANY TEMPORARY CURES OR REMED-

your family sounds fun

have you tried listening to a constant B note from youtube or something? it can mask the tinnitus for a while and help w/ the reduction

I've had tinnitus since I was really little and haven't noticed much of a change that I can remember, even after listening to music through headphones for several hours a day for years.

I just went to an audiologist recently because I was paranoid about hearing loss and apparently I have really good hearing still. I took measurements on the inside of my headphones and found that I normally listen to music around 70-75dB which isn't too bad.

No but honestly it's not that loud so it never interferes with any listening. I noticed once while listening to "Ventolin" by Aphex Twin that it got covered up by the frequency in the track

>your family sounds fun
We're all sorta into music it's just that we destroy each other a lot.

hey that's good, do you know the exact frequency of the track? mine's really high and it's -so- annoying. i wish it was a low bassier note so i could jam to it sometimes.

lot of people reporting they've had it from young ages. i wonder if a correlation can be found hear (pun intended). do you ever go to concerts or festivals?

>listen to music at a volume that would absolutely destroy a normal persons ears
>I can still hear just fine

I don't know why but this song gives me tinnitus youtube.com/watch?v=KVTNqzjzfF4

Anyone whose had tinnitus since they were a kid, did you have an ear infection when you were little?

Cause I did and I think that's a major cause. Had one when I was like 3 and I always remember having tinnitus

First thing I did when I turned 18 was buy an old WW2 rifle and go shooting without ear plugs. The ringing isn't that loud, fortunately, so I only noticed when there's a power outage. Sometimes the hearing in my right ear fades out for a few seconds, I'm not sure if it's relate.

>lot of people reporting they've had it from young ages

Yeah I've heard that's pretty common actually. I go to a lot of concerts but always bring ear protection. There are only two I've been to where I didn't bring protection and my ears got rekt.

In Ventolin it's an Ab

>exposition time
this true?
also why are headphones so bad?

i think i first noticed it when i was 12 or so.
probably it was with me all my life.
it's always there. But recently i've noticed some new part of it. Aside from the usual high pitched shit sometimes there's a lower pitched (around 1000Hz) noise that has a ringing tremolo to it. And it really sounds like my flat's intercom noise so that's annoying as hell.
putting my hands on my ears with fingers facing backwards and snapping my fingers against the back of my head.
It makes the tinnitus stop for a minute or two. It's not really useful, but sometimes i do it just to have a moment of silence.

not that user, but no way i'll stop listening to music on headphones.
It's arguably the only pleasure i get nowadays.

I don't know tbqh.

>It's arguably the only pleasure i get nowadays.

have you heard of masturbation?

>not that user, but no way i'll stop listening to music on headphones. It's arguably the only pleasure i get nowadays.
just get speakers

Swans concert. Yeah, I know, I'm a big fucking meme.
Occasionally it comes back.
Whistle at same pitch.
>share anecdotes and help.
I don't know man, if it's frequent go to a md asap.

I've always had a ringing when there was little sound or completely silent. That's not tinnitus, is it?

I read a NYT article about decibel levels around 80 were safe for patrons at a club but the bartenders were going deaf from being there daily for hours of exposure.

Yeah that's tinnitus

You're probably making a joke, but masturbation is pretty meh when compared to music.

I have a pair of pretty decent 2.1 speakers, but they're not as good as my headphones. And i can use them for a handful of hours a day, since there's a really thin wall between me and my roommate.
Would open headphones do less harm than closed ones? I've been eyeing phillips shp9500 for a while now.

alright, no need to yell

I could picture earbuds being bad if air circulation is important for ear canals but I can't figure how headphones are any different from speakers.

they're right on your ears and speakers are usually across the room and let's the sound flow normally into you ears rather than being projected right into your ears.

think of it like standing right next to a TV when u watch it for a few hours vs watching from your couch or bed.

well, open headphones restrict the air circulation quite a bit. My headphones do a great job at keeping the cold winter air away from my ears at winter.

>You're probably making a joke, but masturbation is pretty meh when compared to music.

True patrician

Headphones are not worse for you than speakers if you keep the output to a reasonable volume. The problem is that lots of people in public use earbuds and stuff to try and drown out all noise around them and end up listening way louder than they should.

i've used headphones for 12 years and my ears don't ring

*crosses fingers*

dude fuck off

I had a ringing in my ears for a couple days after seeing Boris two years ago when I had forgotten to bring ear plugs. Luckily it went away after a while. Great show

Reminder to not take lots of aspirin it exacerbates tinnitus

It first came when I was nearly 18. I felt it occasionally maybe a once a week, and by the time I turned 19 I had pretty much stopped getting it, and it's not like I've listened to less music since then.

I suspected white noise is why headphones could be bad but then speakers aren't even an option in public.
Anyways, I got "silent" low dB case fans for my computer because I believe it makes me listen to music quieter and it's a substantially more useful upgrade than fancy soundcards. Well worth 30-40 USD.

kys

so if I equalise my music to remove the high frequencies, would it be less hurtful to the ears?

I have had this even when I was a little kid. I think that is normal on some level.

tinnitus is the most Reddit placebo

>moved to my apt
>finally can listen to music on speakers
>actually a decent set up and it sounds good
>cousin moves in because university
>cant listen to music on speakers any more because please user turn this strange music
fuck this gay life