Kanye West

What's his best album, and why is it My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

Yeezus

It is because it has some of the best beats in the history of hip hop and its lyrics are fucking great for kanye.

It is probably the best hip-hip album of the 2000's.

yeezus was horribly mixed. it hurts to listen to. if a real professional mixed it and wasnt just trying to make it loud, it would absolutely be the 2nd best, but the clipping is too bad on most songs to look past and would be near the bottom of ranking his albums.

808s is his best though.

MBDTF > CD > Graduation > Yeezus > Pablo = LR = 808s

>and its lyrics are fucking great for kanye.

Because they weren't written by Kanye,

but Yeah MBDTF or College Dropout are his best.

correct

>MBDTF
>best beats in the history of hiphop

t. 16 year old

>SOME of the best beats in the history of hip-hop

I've never seen such a shit opinion, at least you rank 808s high

t. 17 year old

I like MBDTF and Yeezus the best. Not big on his old stuff, seems too "black" for me.

Yeezus is fucking incredible, tho. There's just something about it. Lou Reed put it well "Yeezus is majestic and inspiring."

People who want to say it isn't are just trying to feel special.

The only reason you might feel it isn't is because we've listened to it so many fucking times since it came out that the magic has gone.

But when that thing first came out man, it leaked here 1 month before official release and HALF of every thread on the board was about it. Then it officially came out, pitchfork gave it a 10, and it was 90% of the board for a very long time.

If you weren't here when it came out I feel bad for you son. It was truly landmark.

Order of the songs on MBDTF
1. Devil in a New Dress
2. Monster
3. All of The Lights
4. Dark Fantasy
5. Hell of A Life
6. Gorgeous
7. So Appalled
8. Blame Game
9. POWER
10. Runaway
11. Lost in the World
12. Who Will Survive in America

not counting the interlude.

Funny how Sup Forums praises MBDTF so much even when Kanye himself admitted it's super safe for plebs to listen to.
His best works are 808's and Yeezus, objectively.

spot on desu user

It's the only one that doesn't have any shit tracks on it? All his other records are so inconsistent. Everybody remembers the same handful of tracks from each other one while forgetting all the boring straightforward tripe that was on them as well.

>"he made the album for the mainstream to be able to like to it
>"you're a pleb if you like anything mainstream

this
i kept coming back to like the same 3 tracks on graduation, college dropout, pablo, and yeezus
didnt really like anything enough on 808s and LR to come back to it
But with MBDTF i keep coming back to every single track besides the last one

>"he even said that made sure that it was the best album. only plebs listen to good music"

I said he made it safe for plebs, meaning he put more care into people liking it than he did into making it what he really liked.

As an album, MBDTF is his best. Every single song on it is gold.
However, College Dropout has the couple best individual tracks hes ever made. but everything else on it is shit.

plebs

I can't speak much for the others but at least for College Dropout, I could come back to any track from there

>thread started with clear political bait
>people actually manage to steer clear of any politics altogether
I'm proud of you, Sup Forums.

nice 5 lad

nice

It is his best album because Devil in a New Dress has the best hiphop instrumental of all time

>too black
bait or not it made me chuckle. then again he is a pop artist now

damn

the chorus and nicki's verse on monster
the beat on devil in a new dress
the drop on all of the lights
the part of hell of a life when kanyes voice goes really deep and the beat consists of sampled sex moaning
the hook on dark fantasy

It would be close between the two, but MBDTF edges out cuz no skits

MBDTF technically has the Chris Rock skit and the Gil-Scott Heron poem if you count that. Plus, I like pretty much all the skits on College Dropout except Workout Plan, so I don't mind too much. I can see why people would like MBDTF more though.

Bump

It's not.