In honor of today's historical and cultural significance, can we have a thread on intelligent and progressive pop music...

In honor of today's historical and cultural significance, can we have a thread on intelligent and progressive pop music? Preferably records and releases with a pink cover

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I8ShPpmLugs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

here u go

Let's discuss the pop AOTY 2012, Visions. What are your fave songs from it? Do you like all tracks? What is the most emotional moment from this album? Do you expect Grimes to make Visions 2 at some point in the future? Do you have the vinyl edition of this album?

Unfortunately Ariel Pink isn't progressive

how so?

heres another

>today's historical and cultural significance
what?

He recycles ancient and well-established pop trends and frequently engages in misogynistic rhetoric i.e. he's a conservative, not progressive, intelligent and forward-thinking like the OP asked for

>He recycles ancient and well-established pop trends
thats everybody but sure i'll give u that

> frequently engages in misogynistic rhetoric i.e. he's a conservative, not progressive, intelligent and forward-thinking like the OP asked
none of that is true my friend

The massive civil rights demonstrations across the planet

heres another one and one of my fav pop albums of this decade

is that a man or a woman?

enjoyed this album more than visions tbqh. vastly underrated

Visions is much, much better. That album you posted lacks good songwriting.

this is so fucking good. one of the most unique pop albums ever made
grimes isn't known for her good songwriting either but its cool that you like visions more. i personally don't!

>grimes isn't known for her good songwriting either
What? She's very known for her songwriting talent. Oblivion, Genesis, Realiti, Flesh Without Blood, Weregild, Symphonia IX, Butterfly, Artangels, Be a Body, etc they're all extremely well composed songs.

> they're all extremely well composed songs.
sound wise sure
lyric wise no. majority of those songs are basically inaudible
I like that album anyway but not for the songwriting

make a better thread and maybe you'll get better replies

lol shut the fuck up, your warthog march is pointless and only shows how dumb women are

Lyrics are just a small part of the songwriting. The melodies, rhythm, percussion, voice, are much more important.

Here is the real progressive music

youtube.com/watch?v=I8ShPpmLugs

If you want to be progressive and honor today, then get the fuck off Sup Forums you retard.

nice