Sup Forums makes an album: The Death of Pablo

Inspired by "I keep having this dream where Kanye puts out a new albums called "The Death of Pablo" It's just 4 songs, Ultralight Wall, Washed Up, Father Stretch My Hands pt. 3 and Fade pt. 2
They are all around 20 minutes. It sounds like the originals but just 20 times darker in both lyrics and production also, Fade pt. 2 has 10 minutes of Kanye talking about his innermost fears and what happens when you die after a few minutes of silence"

do any of the Sup Forums producers want to make this a reality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KVTNqzjzfF4
youtube.com/watch?v=S5HEz9HBVlc
soundcloud.com/user-764779676/the-beast-inside
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugm6IQOYakQ
billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7480206/kanye-west-writes-poem-about-mcdonalds-for-frank-ocean-boys-dont-cry-blonde
clyp.it/gq5bapk1
youtube.com/watch?v=pt6ge_QLj_w
clyp.it/dwbsg1de
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0ydXIbc2k
youtube.com/watch?v=fC_3-aK2NAY
youtube.com/watch?v=1kIwR1MUDrc
youtube.com/watch?v=PrigdRLIRsU
clyp.it/xwvzqtkv
clyp.it/vsthc3yj
genius.com/Kanye-west-mamas-boyfriend-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=dSE7WfD7CbQ
clyp.it/32gsstno
clyp.it/xq3tohh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cringe
sage

I could do. how the fuck would I get Kanye to talk about death for 10 minutes?

first of all change the cover, i don't like it. if you want this to be a thing, it'll have to be more mysterious than that. stick with the theme, but maybe invert the colours and make it more minimal.

If we get the instrumentals made, and we got enough people to send the idea to kanye, this could be a thing

cover was just filler. you could sample interviews with him, i guess, but you don't have to stick to user's dream exactly

not OP, but working on a better cover.
Dark magenta with white text. different pictures. suggest some pics if you want

what is the font used in this?

Probably a funeral in the top picture and jesus or his mom in the bottom pic

helvetica bold i think

i already figured that out but thanks

adding the pictures now

keep the thread alive so it doesnt die before i finish

done. tell me if theres anything i should change

yea lol no

Looks good, OP.

not OP

Oh, sorry, I didn't read this one:. Looks good, user.

Someone sample this
youtube.com/watch?v=KVTNqzjzfF4

Hey op

there should also be a song with the beat from devil in a new dress but the pitch is lower and it sounds more broken down. the drums would sound almost like the drums you hear in some vaporwave songs but not really. the whole song would be rapping about how kanye sold his soul to the devil, and in doing so, he had to sacrifice his mom. and he cant cope with the loss of her.

i can make the instrumental right now. working on it

Bumperino

It would be called "The Beast Inside", referring to the devil inside him after he sold his soul, and how it's fucking with his mind and making him go insane.

Top photo is shit, it's too clean, needs more texture to it.

alright. ill fix it after i finish working on the instrumental for

If you wanna be real dark, go with pic attached. He could do something like that now he's with the Kardashians.

Else if that's too dark, try the top photo from here

i dont understand what this pic is. explain

Forced march in the Armenian genocide.

What if we did something dumb and creepypasta-y like this?

i think im going to keep the pic what it is and just fix the texturing. not because its too dark, but because its colorless. ill check it out though
i dont like it.

I like it.

ok am kind of producer, and have a bit of free time
what should i do to add to this project

not bad!

best one here desu

youtube.com/watch?v=S5HEz9HBVlc

Requesting that this clip is the very first thing you hear on the first track.

im trying to test that pic out on it. but here is the new one, for now

uploading it now.

when/why >>>> why/how

But it makes more sense. The original tlop cover said "which/one". i guess i will try to do that though. i closed gimp and forgot to save the project so now i have to redo everything if i want to change anything

If we're doing songs based around tracks from TLOP there should be one called Romulus & Remus based around Wolves (and maybe Big Brother from Graduation) about him and Jay Z turning against each other.

Make a track that fits the vibe/aesthetic in the OP.

it keeps restarting the upload over and over

Updated with "why/me" text.

try recording it again

here it is. made a new account just for death of pablo stuff. we can upload everything for death of pablo onto it if we want.

soundcloud.com/user-764779676/the-beast-inside

i could see this being played at a really sad pub

This is fucking awesome man. What do you think about including some samples of Ye interviews in it? I feel like parts of his Ellen interview would actually fit really well with the theme

Some Ideas:

>Ultralight Wall
Like the name implies, I would see this one being something using the samples from ULB to form a noise wall. maybe base it around him hitting a wall of emotions and have his voice deteriorate into autotune with the last few minutes being straight-up glitch noise.

>Washed Up
This should sound like something similar to waves, but much like the rest of the album, is much darker and more visceral. It could use lines he's had about drinking or alcohol in general and be about his problems with it.

>Father Stretch My Hands pt. 3
Have the trap influences be more ambient, something similar to Savage mode or others like it, other than that i've got nothing.

>Fade pt. 2
For the speech at the end, i could imagine it flipping through interviews where kanye talks about death (maybe also use parts of his rant on ellen, or from his call to taylor about the famous line where he says he just wants to make people happy) sort of like an old radio.

Other than that, I'm a big fan of and i think something like or would fit in really well.

if you link some of the interviews i can try that

That sounds like it could work very well if done right. Maybe someone could write verses for it as well? Doesn't even need to be rapped- plain spoken word would work well over the beat.

I'm willing to make a song for this.What do I do?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ugm6IQOYakQ

Make a beat similar to what described, that's a good starting point. Production should be very dark, listen to the other track for inspiration

i might try it. i dont know. i gotta do something right now, but i might be able to try when im done if i feel like it. if not, another user could always try though

Someone needs to make an intro track that starts off with silence and gradually layers in news reports talking about Kanye's controversies on top of each other until it all becomes one loud, distorted, glitchy mess that suddenly stops after a while. Like an extended version of the Don't Leave Me Now/Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 3 transition from The Wall.

Another idea, we could put Kanye's poem from Boys Don't Cry through a speech emulator and use that as the vocals for one of the songs

billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7480206/kanye-west-writes-poem-about-mcdonalds-for-frank-ocean-boys-dont-cry-blonde

What if someone strummed a single note on an acoustic guitar while singing the poem maniacally (a-la Dolly Rocker by Syd Barrett). We could use that as an intro to the second track, if will the intro to the first.

No, it was my dream, that was not how the album went in my dream

Washed up was supposed to be a play on "Famous" but I like this idea

i kinda made a (very very) rough version of maybe washed up should sound like, let me know if i should change it a bunch

clyp.it/gq5bapk1

Good, but it needs to have something that gives it variety from the original. Maybe some sad soul sample thats crystal clear and normal tempo, which is some statement about how the actual Old Kanye was a lot happier and more fulfilled or some shit

desu i was expecting this to sound like ocean waves lol

love it.

well by posting it on Sup Forums, you turned it into our dream. a collective project.

This is great man, keep up the shit!

I didn't really consider 's idea, but i think if we work both of them together, it'd probably sound amazing. I could also imagine using 'silver surfer' somewhere in it, but i'm a bit torn on it.

As for , I agree with and think you should definitely try out the soul samples.

Would you mind going into more detail on how it went in your dream? it would help out alot.

This is actually really fucking good.
you're doing god's work OP.

what is OP doing? all he did was say we should do it. its the producers that are making it a reality

I'm not the one doing it, but using Silver Surfer imo would turn out p corny

Try using the "waves dont die" line for effect, maybe for something like Kanye realizing that his legacy might be overall negative. But waves dont die, so that negativity and controversy and shit is his legacy

aight well thanks OP for giving out the idea. And the producers, you guys are fucking cool.

Yeah, i think using it will just make it into 'generic chopped-and-screwed song #840753'

I like that "waves don't die" idea,
- you should definitely use this!

youtube.com/watch?v=pt6ge_QLj_w

how about this song? the lyrics are about needing someone to love and take care of you. this could work and fit in with the theme of the song, kanye wanting to be with his mom but he cant because he sacrificed her.

hey im the guy who made the waves one
here's my attempt at ultralight wall
clyp.it/dwbsg1de
this can just keep getting added on to as I can just sample more sections

lyrically it's v nice, good job on that, but it's just too upbeat. Marvin Gaye pre-Lets Get It On regardless of whether it's a duet is too damn happy.

I'd suggest looking through Numero Group comps (Where the FACTS sample came from) and Northern Soul shit. I'll look myself

Not that bad desu, could use some work of course but im a piece of shit so great job man!

Someone should sample what he says at 1:34 m.youtube.com/watch?v=6d0ydXIbc2k

pretty good man, but it's definitely too upbeat and happy sounding for this project. It does get that sort of weird and off-kilter feeling, so good on that, but try and make it more harsh and uninviting.

>"The only thing promised in life is death"
>"Steve Jobs is dead. Walt Disney is dead. Picasso is dead. Name me someone you can mention in the same breath as them.
ez

Kanye talks about death alot.

youtube.com/watch?v=fC_3-aK2NAY
youtube.com/watch?v=1kIwR1MUDrc
youtube.com/watch?v=PrigdRLIRsU

Try some of thessseee

your prayers are answered
clyp.it/xwvzqtkv
same structure, just slower bpm, extra effects, and other stuff

clyp.it/vsthc3yj

here's my try at ultralight wall, i made it a pretty simple beat to start with but i'm def willing to go more experimental and off kilter

so would the final track with him talking for 10 minutes be like last call, but with a really dark beat? In the sense that it's more him talking over the beat than rapping to it

This is awesome

i was imagining like more of his live shows. Maybe with some cheap effects the crowds there cheering him on in the beginning, he says one big statement, then radio silence. Just Kanye alone.

I enjoy it! V nice, if you want to go wild, go wild at the last half of the track

this sounds like a early swans track jesus christ

WE NEED TO GET MAMAS BOYFRIEND UP IN THIS BIH

i like this but im not sure if it really matches the feel of the project, but then again the songs are supposed to be like 20 minute songs so it could be a movement in the larger piece

thats great. i have some ideas. you should add a sample of kanye singing the lyrics "on that ultralight beam" and have it played multiple times to build up. i dont know how to explain it very well. heres an example

at 0:52
youtube.com/watch?v=dSE7WfD7CbQ

thats nice

ebin

ay op here, great idea! i'll go see if I can do that (first see if i can even isolate ye enough to do it)

bumpin

I'm gonna support this thread with these dubs

check em

missing these?

clyp.it/32gsstno

added Ye

lad, lemme show you how its done

FUCK

Nice, I really enjoyed it! I think youre doing a great job sf so i wanna hear you go fucking wild

Don't take those pills your boyfriend gave you

this

clyp.it/xq3tohh0