Can we finally agree that Exai is the superior Autechre album?

Can we finally agree that Exai is the superior Autechre album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1QZJNqaIE&app=desktop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

exai is just a bunch of random noises that try to be "lol so textural and le deep lmao" but it falls short on everything it tries to accomplish

elseq is actually pleasant

>a furry
>having shit taste
wow, what a huge surprise

all Autechre is great but LP5 is greatererer

Confield > Untilted > Quaristice > Draft 7.30 > elseq > Exai > Tri Repetae > Chiastic Slide > Oversteps > LP5 > Amber >>>>> Incunabula

Wow this is pretty good.
Does this mean I like dance music now?
Where should I go from here? I tried IDM but it was very boring compared to this.

>oversteps so low
>untilted so high
you're taste is shit

Oversteps emphasises Autechre's melodic compositions, and they're good but not the best. Untilted emphasises beats and track composition, and Autechre are pretty much the best of all time at both of those things.

Try Tri Repetae if you want something colder, try Selected Ambient Works if you want something warmer.

this is correct

2010s autechre>>>confield

wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1QZJNqaIE&app=desktop

i find Exai more listenable tan elseq

but Oversteps is my all time æ fav

this

i find untilted to be pretty dated, honestly. still good but it def has a timestamp - feels v "2005 IDM" to me. super rigid. autechre is at their best when there's some sort of organic component involved. this is also why lp5 is one of their weaker efforts imo.

>lp5 is bad
classic furry

never said it was bad.

alright there eintein whats the difference between "one of their weaker efforts" and "bad"

you're probably the guy from the deep cuts youtube channel

i'm a total fanboy and think all their albums are at least good. lp5 is just not in the upper echelon of their output.

lp5 works as the best starting point imo

fluid and not so rigid as early output, a little experimental to gear people up but not too much, melodic as FUCK, their warmest songs ever are on there, its the closest to the lighthearted Aphex/mu-Ziq late 90's drill sound as they ever got

if it was the big starter lp over Amber or Tri Repetae who knows maybe people wouldnt be as uptight about the l8r stuff

when the band is consistently great

hmm, you see i don't think lp5 sounds "fluid" at all :/ it's def melodic yet somehow still really mechanical; a little too plinky plonky plonk sounding to me. parts of it are almost plaid-like.

>Aphex/mu-Ziq late 90's drill sound
this is actually my least favorite aspect/variation of ae's sound. in fact, i think ae are one of the few """"""idm''''''''' acts because much of their sound lacks the crazy break-type drums. i mean, if you pay attention ae's drum arrangements are more simple than they first appear.

>i mean, if you pay attention ae's drum arrangements are more simple than they first appear
???

I will prob kill myself when Rob and/or Sean die lol

It's obviously Chiastic.

its actually a koala