So RYM changed their algorithm to favor newer releases. Also half star votes on newer releases...

So RYM changed their algorithm to favor newer releases. Also half star votes on newer releases, especially hip-hop albums, now count even less because butthurt rockfags rating every hip-hop release half a star was a real problem.

Dadrockers BTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/artist/kmd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, but indie fags and avant-teens downvoting prog and metal albums isn't a problem

next time on Genre Wars

#kingkendrick yasssss

Hip-hop is shit musically and lyrically.
If you can't write music and you can't write poetry rap is the dump you end up in.

>"So"

Fuck off is this the 88th best album of all time. It might not even be the 88th best album of that year.

I've rated TPAB 4 stars.

GKMC is a seminal record and deserves recognition.

metal rymers are a fucking joke
>pain of salvation is the aotysf

a very serious problem indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad we have sorted out this issue!!!!!!!!

noticed they changed their algorithm. figured they favored newer releases but wasn't sure about the hip hop thing

Fuck off contrarian edgelord.

>so
>>>/reddit/

Sounds more like lerightgeneration got butthurt their memerap wasnt rated the same level as king crimson and mbv

high ratings on metal releases shouldn't count either

>the moon and Antarctica is not in the top 100
>two Kendrick albums are

This mean Yeezus is bolded now with a 3.42 rating. I might be wrong but I don't even think it has a '# of all time' rating next to it before this

>friend rating 2.5

Holy just, how much of a pleb can you be? I bet he browses reddit.

Is the number of ratings being taken less into account now as well? I'm seeing a lot of bolded releases with only 10s of ratings which I don't think were even in the higher parts of the chart before this.

who the fuck cares

if you rate albums on rym you should kill yourself

>not rating albums

It's like you don't care about the art you consume.

BLACK BASTARDS IS BOLDED AGAIN

JUSTICE HAS BEEN RESTORED

rateyourmusic.com/artist/kmd

Well done to Will by the way. From nothing to two bolded releases.

But it is

>Kanye and 2 Kendrick albums in all time top 100

This.

What's so hard about remembering if you liked an album or not.

>rap is so shitty it needs a handicap to maintain a respectable rating

Says the one who still hasnt grown out of yeezus

More like rockists are so insufferable and rabid that they irrationally hate anything that doesn't have electric guitars in it.

What's wrong with rating music

Doing it publicly is when it transcends into attention whoring. Congrats, you are the numale equivalent of an Instagramming Facebook snap chatter.

What if I hide my ratings and don't write reviews or use the community

I've never met a person who rates music on RYM. Only music nerds use it. Stop comparing that to fucking Facebook.

>meme rap even being close to rock classics
When will le right generation posting end?

>MBDTF higher than Future Days
>Literally every Kendrick release is bolded
solid algorithm.

RYM becomes infinitely better when you stop caring about the overall/time-frame charts and only read the genre ones.

You don't even have to hide it. I don't even know how to hide my profile, but no one reads the thing, so who gives a shit.

It's Facebook for those who think they're too "unique" and "special" and "cultured" for Facebook

Why shouldn't MBDTF be higher than generic Krautrock album #5?

okay

rockists on suicidewatch

>Compares a fairly standard web forum + rating site to facebook
Wanna know how I can tell you're underage?

you

>(((RYM)))
So basically Affirmative Action: the Ratings System. Blax are at an inherent disadvantage to creating worthwhile music so they're getting handicap points to overcompensate for them being out of their depth in creating music. Fucking wow.

Other than Kendrick and Kanye, what other releases has this had a major effect on the ranking of?

i love it when metalheads decide to make it apparent that they are the worst fanbase ever

Anyone noticed how various Sup Forumscore albums have been climbing higher on the charts?

Death Grips

now they just need to remove the endless shitty metal albums from the top 200 of every recent year

Spotted the nu-males

Metal is for children.

That's because 3/4 of RYM are Sup Forumstants

>Metal is for children

so are
in utero
let it bleed
illinois
piper at the gates of dawn
magical mystery tour
forever changes
sticky fingers
black sabbath
metallica
agætis byrjun
the bends
nevermind
funeral
and lift yr. skinny fists

RYM should just been seen as a recommendation site anyhow. Most of the older bolded albums are canon anyhow, it's not like you'll have a harder time finding out about them now unless rym's your only source for music listening.

Lists and individual users are better for finding recommendations in my experience anyhow.

>3/4 of RYM are Sup Forumstants
[citation needed]

That guy looks like he listens to metal

anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow anyhow

>[citation needed]

Check the comment boxes of each albums page.

Comment boxes are only used by attention whores

A 10th of users comment at most.

>MBDTF is now rated higher than Astral Weeks

What the fuck

Where did you find the info on exactly what they changed with the new algorithm?

even Van Morrison said that Astral Weeks was fucking overrated

Even at 250 overall, this was like the highest rated album on the site I'd never heard, this changes nothing

I mostly use RYM to find music that I wouldn't have heard elsewhere so this shouldn't affect that, if it only affects newer releases, I couldn't give less of a fuck, the most recent years were always garbage charts and not useful at all

Oh no a company wants to look attractive to a younger demographic, what has the world come to

>two kendrick lamar albums are now both in the top 100 albums of all time on rym
what a time to be alive

RYM is dead, all hail Sonemic.

this

Feels bad man, GKMC isn't even near that level, and I like GKMC.

I've heard over 3,000 albums and I download from soulseek, where albums don't come with proper metadata. Rating just organizes all the information for me and makes it so I can search my collection by criteria like genre and year in addition to preference.

that shit will NEVER lunch

this
after 500 albums it's just impossible to remember all of them

very stupid outcome of bad algorithm adjusting

don't be so mad about that punch, spencer

>RYM changed their algorithm to favor newer releases.
source?

it's really extra, but if people wanna play pitchfork reviewer in their spare time so be it

This, it's more pathetic than anything

Not even butthurt, because of the change vdc finally got fucking bolded

this, and also going on other peoples profiles and seeing their 5 rated albums
can be really interesting and a good way to find stuff you think you'll like

"no"

He was just trying to trick people into thinking his new albums could compare

metal is an inherently nu-male genre
stop lying to yourself

Metal releases are overrated as fuck on that website because every metal head thinks every new release is the best thing ever

>hip-hop needs to be artificially inflated to top the ratings
Sad!