/sino/ 中文

Dentation Edition

>Resources for Learning Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

>Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cantonese-popup-dictionar/pjnbhojkojmibobcpfgihhnohboldhip

>Resources for learning Uyghur:
lemountainsandthesea.wordpress.com/uyghur/
farwestchina.com/2014/04/ultimate-guide-to-learning-uyghur-language.html/
ccapprox.info/uyghurbooks/tomur.pdf

>Smartphone dictionary (supports both Mandarin and Cantonese):
pleco.com/

aforementioned resource credit goes to 一路順風

>set strokes straight
yes-chinese.com/tzg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rqZbR16Qs1o
youtube.com/watch?v=wsAF43VYvbQ
baike.baidu.com/subview/15586/9713242.htm
pinyin.info/readings/texts/moser.html
nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/asian-americans-set-surpass-whites-median-family-wealth-n314341
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

remove uyghur kebab

youtube.com/watch?v=rqZbR16Qs1o

What is the best Chinese-English web-dictionary?
My vote goes for Line

I usually use mdbg if I need to use a web dictionary, but in almost all situations I just prefer to use Pleco on my phone since it has such a wide variety of dictionaries.

I'm glad I read the "Circle of Chalk"
It was pretty good

not ancient enough

youtube.com/watch?v=wsAF43VYvbQ

hungarian version? if so name of the translator pls

Translator was Ferenc Tőkei.
He translated the Tao te Ching,The Annalects,Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio and I think the Zhuangzi too.
All translated directly from chinese.

Have you practiced the Three Represents lately?

他喵的

Why are you asking this btw?

pure interest

Ok.
It was an edition from 1960.
Published by "Magyar Helikon"
(For more information)

thanks

god i've never heard of this book as a chinese

wow what a shame

It's sort of famous in the west because Bertolt Brecht based his play on this Peking opera.
Sorta like how Tibetan Book of the Dead is famous in the west but it's not that big of a deal in it's homeland.

我山西人都没听过
布莱希特老师可以的

>国家

Most hungarian editions are pretty old.
I have books from the 50s-60s-70s-80s.
They rarely release these things.
Exceptions are the Art of War and the Tao te Ching.
Both got a brand new release in 2016 as low budget books.(999ft~around 3 bucks)
And Taigong's Six Secret Teachings,which just got a fresh translation and a shiny hardcover release.

o, i see, it does not have a chinese wikipedia page while there are english & japanese version of it.
im quite suprised to find that there is an adpation in the folk opera in my area

>共产主义

Anybody know if this guy's books are for sale anywhere? baike.baidu.com/subview/15586/9713242.htm

Nevermind, looks like there are some on Taobao

This text was prepared for students or it's a part of an actual article?

its a bullshit from a wealthy ceo during an interview

Is there any point in learning chinese?

tip no.1 don't learn it

getting with chinese girls and sucking their qt toes becomes easier

yeah but they are already million of them in my uni and they all speak english.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are especially interested in their civilization. Learning Chinese is extremely time consuming and quite unrewarding for many years, at lesst in my opinion.

I find this article quite accurate:
pinyin.info/readings/texts/moser.html

You will be able to go to Guizhou and enjoy China's red history.

Fuck this guy

why do chinks always have this massive wooden furniture and a table covered by a glass plate

because no taste

新年快乐~

>why do chinks always have this massive wooden furniture and a table covered by a glass plate
The furniture represents an image of old Chinese nobility I think.

The glass topped table is practical I guess and it's pretty common in the west too.

I'm sitting in a massive pic related

>I'm sitting in a massive pic related

你也是

"Asian Americans Set to Surpass Whites in Median Family Wealth"

nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/asian-americans-set-surpass-whites-median-family-wealth-n314341

They are taking over from outside and inside

>using traditional characters

What did he mean by this?

There are two major writing systems for Chinese characters… one is traditional, used in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau etc 新年快樂
The other is simplified, only used in mainland
新年快乐
Not much difference in happy new year though

I wish Japanese people could live in China without fear of being kidnapped or killed for ransom money.

Comfy as fuck. How much was it?

he did the right thing for once

So Chinese dragon can fly but it doesn't have any wings? I find that hard to believe.

>tfw gf watched the newest Independence Day and she was super mad because there's so many chinese in the movie
top kek

She racist

What languages will be easier to learn if I ever get passable at Mandarin? In general, what languages have/had influenced or been influenced by mandarin the most?

You will only recognize some Japanese characters, but it may be also very confusing sometimes, for example the Chinese word for "bicycle" is "自行车", in Japanese it's "自転車", but the Japanese word "a car" is "自動車".

>In general, what languages have/had influenced or been influenced by mandarin the most?
The best question would be - what languges were influenced by Classical Chinese, today Mandarin was rather influenced by neigbouring languages (many Chinese thinkers studied in Japan that was seen as the leader of proper Asian modernisation). Some ancient Chinese words were borrowed by the Japanese and then reintroduced to modern Chinese, like the word "democracy" - "minzhu" (民主). Generally speaking you will find many cognates comparing Mandarin, Japanese and Korean:
"man" M: ren; J "jin" (one option, there is also native "hito"; K: "in" (but there is also native "saram"
Both Japanese and Korean have two sets of words - native and Chinese-like and you ue them in different context

Sorry for typos in my last post, anyway, I remember from my textbooks that about 80% of Korean words has those Chinese "siblings" (another example: "love" may be "ai" in Chinese, it's also "ai" in Korean, but Koreans may also use their native word "sarang", depending on context), in Japanese it would be about 60% words, generally speaking they use these Chinese-like words creating compound words - so as I mentioned "hito" is a "man" in Japanese, but to say a "Japanese man" you use that Chinese-like "jin" and you have "nihonjin", not "nihonhito"

>80% of Korean words has
have, sorry

another example, this time from Korean -
take the name Samsung - in Korean it's 삼성 Samseong ie. "three stars", but it's a compound name related to Chinese "三星" (sanxing), you can find many similarities like that

no, just taiwanese

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

What's the difference?

they only hate da mainlander

How was your Lunar New Year, /sino/?

i demand taiwanese cuties now

Let's say that there was a reasonably sized island at the coast of Germany.
Weimar republic goes into all out civil war and the french rape the country too.
The nazies lose the civil war and flee to the island where they hold out to this day
Your family lives there and you live there.

Wouldn't you hate the mainland too?

I'm not saying it's good,I'm saying it's completely logical.

I like how the KMT are nazis in your analogy. Very apt.

>you will never be gangraped by EVA AIR flight attendants

You can't have a better substitute for them in this case.

the taiwanese chinese hatred is more like how euros hate gypsies because they're scum
taiwanese just think they're somehow superior human beings to mainland chinks
it's not like young taiwanese nowadays hold any grudge over china because of what happened back then

couldn't care less

You can't deny that the superiority complex you are talking about doesn't stem from the civil war

Mainland is the authoritarian regime tho

Taiwan was pretty much a dictatorship up until 20 years ago

>implying CKS isn't more authoritarian

Weren't both a bit authoritarian back in the day?

She's also single

moe

You really have no clue what you're talking about and I don't know where you get such weird ideas.

bottom left is mine

>taiwanese just think they're somehow superior human beings to mainland chinks
they are

I'm Taiwanese

Modern Taiwanese sentiment is not fond of the KMT fwiw. And most Taiwanese aren't radically right-wing these days despite that view point being promoted in the West (sanitized of anything besides anti-PRC sentiment, ofc)

No you're not. We might as well be talking to a Sup Forumsack about what the national mood is regarding immigrants.

what's your problem?

That you're a retard spouting right-wing nationalist propaganda because you think it will make the locals like you more.

when did i do that?

right here

where?

Fuck off Kraut
For the sake of anyone who doesn't know, this guy is in this thread all the time posting Sup Forums-tier garbage, and he's always full of shit.

What a slut

whew what is upsetting you so much?
are you a mainlander?

as a taiwanese, i don't have anything against you.

I'm not a chinese, I've just lived there and thus have the experience to spot these kind of lies. What you think is the is the taiwanese attitude towards the mainland is not the mainstream, it's the far-right, and it's not correct to repeat it to people who are ignorant of and curious about what that attitude actually is.

To be fair I still haven't met a single taiwanese who has a non-negative view on China or mainlanders, and I know lots

>It's the far right

well i guess then I only know hardcore Taiwanese nazis eh (including myself?)

As a Taiwanese I forgive you for your American stupidity.

Yes, I'd say so .

You don't know what you are talking about I am sorry to inform you

There's actually no way you can compare mainlanders to roma and have any idea what you're talking. period.

when did i compare them to roma?

fuck off numbnuts. You're exactly the same as retards that go to japan and start saying its invasion of korea was in self-defense.

please show me where i compared mainlanders to roma

Can this qt officer break the tension ITT?