Is she patrician?

Is she patrician?

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes-part-2/
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont know who this is but nice skirt, would wear

a patrician at being a disgusting cunt perhaps
music definitely not

>being such a hateful prick
Envy?

patrician waifu, definitely

What about her musique?

your hugbox is this way -->

i think she's a great songwriter. i absolutely love her voice, too

That shit doesn't exist, dumbass

Nice!

t. new

t. idiot

Tumblr.com exists, not . implies it's part of Sup Forums, dumbass.

Cute girl, don't know who this is?

Post-patrician:

>...for me it’s not a contradiction to consume both high culture and Harry Potter or some Japanese mangas. Pop art still appeals to me the most. I guess it has to do with the way I grew up in the 2000s. I like to see a film like Kill Bill as much as I do like watching Solaris. Both experiences are potentially inspiring. Or take dancing: lots of people say that dancing is just a waste of time, but to me it marks a key difference between animals and human beings. It takes a high level of intelligence to interpret music, especially as something you can dance to. It’s spiritual. It’s liberating. If someone can make you dance to their music, it’s a pretty amazing skill. Same goes for all the pop art that touches you emotionally in a split second. I can’t see anything negative in that. I sometimes get the impression that people mistrust their feelings. I try not to do that, just like I try and trust simple ideas and things that are stripped down to the bare essentials. I think it’s a sign of having mastered something.
>Are you referring to your own music?
>Actually, I would say it’s true of the last Katy Perry record. There are so many people who call her songs easy and so cheap, but to use elements of pop that so many people have used before and still make such an amazing record—that’s awesome. I mean, her songwriting is really on parade, as is the production. A million people are trying to make pop songs all the time, and you’ll listen to all sorts of failed attempts on the radio every day. To succeed in a medium that everyone is working in is a huge achievement, if you ask me. It takes a lot of intelligence and talent for sure.
electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes-part-2/

Interesting...

irrefutable proof that Grimes is a dumb ugly bitch with no talent.

>The golden mean, the truth, is no longer recognized or valued. To win applause one must write stuff so simple that a coachman might sing it, or so incomprehensible that it pleases simply because no sensible man can comprehend it.
— Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, writing to his father in 1782

Mozart concurs. Plebian/patrician thinking is a meme best suited to sophomorically small-minded, crummy moronic types.

i'm not crummy :(

All he meant by this quote is it's virtually impossible to be appreciated by the masses if you've got a sincere middle ground between plebeian and tryhard patrician. Wow you're dumb

Pathetic

She's trying to avoid a hipster label by saying she likes experimental/avant AND pop see guise hipsters aren't like that X) she is sincere and open minded.

Also, solaris? Stalker? This bitch is such a wannabe.

Yes, you are.

well you suck

>All he meant by this quote is it's virtually impossible to be appreciated by the masses
>Reading comprehension
The golden mean is a mathematical ratio, user. What he is saying is that truly great art contains a mixture of both simplistic and complex structures simultaneously. See

Grimes faggots are so retarded and incapable of critical thinking they contort quotes to fit their dumb waifus shitty quote.

Grimes just keeps getting dumber and dumber as a person Everytime I see her say anything. Wow, you like entry level poser core films AND flicks? You like pop AND experimental stuff? Wow! If I was 14 and had down syndrome this would seem groundbreaking and worthy of evem pointing out

>Grimes faggots
>expecting to be taken seriously

>T R I G G E R E D

Hey faggot, you care too much about an artist you "dislike". WTF is your problem if her fans like her? Are you an autist?

You're right now it makes me angry that such a poser cookie cutter faux knowledgable retard can still get commercial and critical acclaim. Grimes makes shitty gmmick pop that is less catchy than top 40, and not anymore creative, but has le qiorky videos so I guess she must be hipster. Can you believe some people are so boring they think she or her music is eccentric? Christ. I guess you don't need talent or knowledge if you've got le cool indie image X)

Yes

You're just an envious bastard. A talented Canadian girl managed to make you so angry because it exposed how pleb you are.

Her image is just one part of her artistry and it would mean nothing without her great music. When Joanna Newsom praises her you know you're dealing with one of the most important artists of this generation:

>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.

>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.

i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

Stop avoiding my filters.

Keep going, user, and don't hold back - tells us how you REALLY feel.

This. He has some strong feelings and he hates himself because of that.

im done. grimes is a parody of a once thriving indie scene of the 2000s, a caricature of the worst and most cliche qualities that these artists had. cant believe she somehow managed to get relevant despite being a decade behind. her rise basically confirmed that the indie "scene" was dead and wont be back for at least two more decades

>talented
>makes completely average and unengaging pop with le quirky weeb aesthetic

id get lonely generic weebs, but its so pathetic that even critics fell for it, jesus

You're worse than Chris Ott. You really have some issues if you hate this particular artist so much.

>makes completely average and unengaging pop with le quirky weeb aesthetic
Explain why so many millions of people (fans, casual listeners, other artists, critics, etc) love her. Just because le quirky image?

>Just because le quirky image?
Not him, but yeah. Pretty much. She's babbies first "I'm quirky now mom"

BTW explain this too:
>cant believe she somehow managed to get relevant despite being a decade behind.
Who else made the same kind of music like her?

>im done.
Lol yeah... Right.

See

There are shitloads of quirky girls but no one cares about them. Guess why? Because that's not enough to stand out from the crowd. The music industry is overcrowded and you must be really special to make people like you.

Her main product is music and believe it or not, people are still using their ears (not eyes) to listen to music. People like her because of these 3 things (in this order):
- music
- personality
- appearance.

Not just music, just personality or just appearance. All of them. All these 3 things are subjective and if you don't like them don't assume she's a bad artist. You just can't connect to her artistry.

bump

>LE LE LE LIKE POP ART AS A SELF-REFERENCE TO POP BUT ALSO NOT BECAUSE IT'S JUST POP

That aside I guess she's okay

She's half pop, half experimental (like Bjork and Kate Bush), so.....

It was less a point on her choice of genre and more on the treatment of it. I'd like her a lot more if she dropped the pretenses, something more straightforward and sincere from Grimes would probably make a great project.

What are you talking about? Her music is the most authentic and sincere. She's 100% in control of her art, from singing and songwriting to production and artwork. What you hear are her feelings and interests expressed as music.

I'm not implying she isn't 100% in control of her art. You actually said it better than I could with "like Bjork and Kate Bush". It often feels that she prioritizes going for an art-pop style first and then worries about filling in the emotional blanks after the fact.

Poptimism was a mistake.

The only mistake here is people taking what were originally inside-joke terms like "Rockism" and "Poptimism" and using them unironically. Music is music; game for equal praise/criticism regardless of what arbitrary genre terms certain groups of people decide to take it into their heads to attach to it.