Rap fans: Is Hamilton the corniest shit ever?

I listened to the soundtrack. Bad rhyming, too much emphasis on syllables. Just terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMWHfV2HP6g
youtube.com/watch?v=punrsuK62fM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a disaster.

well it's meant to please everyone so yeah it's not a great album from a hip hop perspective

It's meant for fans of show tunes.

it's absolutely made for ppl who love show tunes which means they sacrifice actual good rhymes and rhythm to appeal to that crowd. also it's about a slave trader & the tickets cost like $400 so who the fuck is even going to this shit besides rich white drama kids

I really enjoyed Hamilton but I think I preferred the narrative and characters that Miranda constructed more than the music, but I also like the music a lot and find myself humming the tunes to myself all the time.

To quote an user from a while ago, it's hip-hop for people that don't like hip-hop.

sounds like ll cool j doing an episode of school house rock

corny af

Hamilton is a fucking embarrassment. The only reason the press has hyped it to heaven is because it's basically the story of the Founding Fathers with a diverse cast. It lets people feel patriotic without the guilt of knowing that these people owned and raped slaves. But it's absolutely terrible, and corny as balls.

was really hard to take clipping seriously after finding out about this

Its done by a white homosexuell who has 0 rap experience, dont be so harsh!

Hamilton was kinda' summed up for me when my Trump-loving mom got obsessed with it so she asked me to torrent it for her, so I did, and the guy who uploaded it had changed the album art in each track's metadata individually to Donald Trump giving me the finger.

So anyway now my Trump-loving mom has Hamilton on her iphone, only the album art is Trump flipping the bird.

>Hamilton fans

youtube.com/watch?v=IMWHfV2HP6g
this had a similar effect for me

This sums it all up well except tickets at the height of media coverage were over 1k

>values diversity
>tickets more expensive than some used cars are ensuring only rich while kids can go
Nice one, Broadway

just in, trump moms hate blacks, IP

daveeg diggs is really fuckin talented
haven't seen it but i heard some of his work on it and it was tight
new clipping is great too fuck y'all

Check oout kelspad.vsco.co

My download had the same art, i changed that shit super fuckin fast, got that soggy orange cheeto shit out of there

WE

shut up

WUZ

literally who/what

What is the appeal of showtunes? Why is the main audience always women and gays? Genuine questions.

Showtunes are a part of gay culture. Showtunes are a part of musicals, musicals are closely linked to cabaret and music hall, both of these are closely connected to drag and underground pre-WWII gay culture, etc.

The only tune on the soundtrack I liked was the opener, and even then I preferred that earlier white house performance version.

Showtunes fucking suck but there are some artists that use showtunes in a really twisted way and its great (see Foetus - Nail)

Thank you for that. But why did gays originally get into those cultures. Also what is enjoyable about showtunes?

youtube.com/watch?v=punrsuK62fM
I'm gonna die

>see Foetus - Nail
I love that album but never heard a musical before.
Are you telling me that they are similar in some way?

>why did the gays gravitate towards exaggerated singing and dancing during a time of repression?

There are a few good showtunes, and they're mostly ones that work outside of the context of a show. A great deal of the "Great American Songbook" classics started off as showtunes and became more popular as pop and jazz standards.

lol

I kind of agree. I appreciate the creative and production talent behind Hamilton more than the play itself.