/cric/

today:

>new zealand in south africa - 1st test
south africa - new zealand (delayed by a wet outfield, toss at 10:00 cest)

>india in the west indies - 4th test
west indies 62/2 - india (16:00 cest)

Other urls found in this thread:

thecricketmonthly.com/story/1037777/anyone-but-the-blues
cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/82147/get-rid-of-coin-toss-in-cricket-darren-lehmann?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=short-url
thelocal.de/20081015/14919
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

statscunt on suicide watch

south africa:
F du Plessis*, KJ Abbott, HM Amla, KP Pietersen, SC Cook, Q de Kock†, JP Duminy, D Elgar, CH Morris, WD Parnell, VD Philander, DL Piedt, K Rabada, DW Steyn, S van Zyl

new zealand:
KS Williamson*, TA Boult, DAJ Bracewell, MD Craig, MJ Guptill, TWM Latham, HM Nicholls, JA Raval, L Ronchi, MJ Santner, IS Sodhi, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor, N Wagner, BJ Watling†

>KP Pietersen
what did he mean by this?

just checking if you're paying attention

>13 medals
>only one gold

Axelsen better fucking win the badminton. I'm tired of commentstors creaming themselves over a fucking bronze medal.

Oh and Zorniger's boys collapsed yesterday.
Two reds, lost 3-0 (though one of the goals was offside and one of the reds was completely wrong)

South Africa won the toss and chose to bat

>South Africa: Cook, Elgar, Amla, du Plessis, Duminy, Bavuma, de Kock, Philander, Steyn, Rabada, Piedt

>6 quotas, 5 white

white """"""""""""""people"""""""""""""" on SUICIDE watch

will all the australians come back if new zealand loses this?

/cric/ will probably be dead until the nrl and afl seasons end tbqh

also playing this series in winter is ridiculous. Most people wont even know its on

it's summer tho

not in the civilised part of the world m8

West Indies tours England next year.

Is that worth going? Will there be full crowds despite it being Windies?

>Is that worth going? Will there be full crowds despite it being Windies?
Lords is always full irrespective of who plays

Do Windies have a chance of being competitive? Hell no

yes

Can't things change in a year? ):

>bad southee turned up
>good boult turned up
Overall a win I guess?

thecricketmonthly.com/story/1037777/anyone-but-the-blues

interesting article. Never knew Queerslanders had such a massive fucking inferiority complex towards New South GOATsmen

NZ v SA are the best contests. Love playing my brus.

death march in two hours

i have no idea what this shit is, Sup Forums better be right about it being good

Can't wait Suisse bro.

Speaking of - why are the Germanic areas so anal about their town rules? I literally got yelled at as a teenager for riding my bike on a Sunday. I didn't realise it was such a serious crime.

hey bru

the NZ-AUS 'rivalry' is quite possibly the most one-sided rivalry on the planet

uhm there is no rule about not being aloud to ride your bike on sunday. it probably just was an old grumpy guy who likes to complain. There are alot here

Cool cool. Next time you're in Wikon tell the chef at Adelboden he's an arsehole then. Does a good Schnitzel though!

Hey my bru, howzit? You lekker?

Denmark only behind New Zealand in medals per capita (discounting Grenada, Bahamas and Jamaica)

Panathinaikos' Swedish player Marcus Berg called Brondby's South African Lebogang Phiri a monkey during yesterday's match.

Netherlands is doing pretty well per capita too

Based Zealands everywhere

Fugg

Haha. I can only imagine

Boultyyyyy

>Sky Go down

Literally please kill yourselves you useless kikes

I honestly think Berg will be in danger if he plays the return match.
Phiri is the Brondby hooligans' favourite player by far.
I wouldn't put it past a few of them to try and assault him now that Brondby are 99% out anyway.

NEW Zealand, best Zealand.

wew that would have been amazing to get amla first ball

I'm not going to bother, but could be "fun" to see how many of our medals have been won by people from Sjælland (Zealand).
I know Sara Slott is from Jylland, sadly.

every single big event its down

they made a dedicated site for the olympics and it's been down 3/4 of the time

bravo Sky

Braceyyyyyy

Basedwell

What happened to De Villiers?

holy shit that ball from santner was so bad

>drop elgar
>drop piedt
>pick de Villiers and morkel
despite our recent troubles in white ball cricket due to picking X number of blacks, >we actually still have a shit hot test side

think hes injured at the moment,

>>we actually still have a shit hot test side
maybe yeah if youve kept your head in the sand for the last 12 months

>losing to England
>at home
KEK

I have a massive sneezing attack. Tried to clean out some clothes. Happens every time.

It's so violent I'm genuinely dripping with sweat now

>first cricketer to win Olympics medal after 96 years

>South Africa Women cricketer Sunette Viljoen creates history at Rio Olympics

>Sunette Viljoen secured silver medal in the Women’s javelin final of Rio Olympics as she finished second behind Coratia’s Sara Kolak.

see

>Twenty20 cricket, however, could possibly have been making its debut in Brazil had the urgings of a Cricket Australia-sponsored briefing paper to the International Cricket Council not been rejected by member countries.

>Senior IOC members were canvassed in the preparation of the report and discussions were believed to have reached the point where playing conditions were spoken about – a drop-in pitch in the host city's Olympic stadium in the week before the athletics began was the favoured option.

>However, the proposal fell on deaf ears at the ICC top table in the midst of discussion about Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe.

>England are said to have objected because the Olympics could harm their television contract with Sky TV because of its incursion on the home summer as well as having concerns about the concept of having to play as Great Britain.

>India's board, meanwhile, were reportedly opposed to handing over control of the team to the Indian Olympic Association during the Olympic period while there was consternation from the ICC about the West Indies being broken up to compete as separate Caribbean island nations.

>Pope's report had concluded that: "The only possible commercial downside of cricket's inclusion in the Olympic programme is the need to create a 17-day window in the FTP [Future Tours Programme], once every four years. Although little cricket is played head-to- head with the Olympic Games currently, an upper limit on this cost to global cricket is $US12 million.
>"This cost would be well and truly offset by the benefits Olympic inclusion could create: Direct funding of between $US7 million – 28.5 million from the IOC's distribution to international federations part of the Olympic programme; global TV rights uplift; and national government funding of cricket as an Olympic sport."

ECB & BCCI, the cancer killing cricket

>forgetting we had no steyn, no philander, no tahir and a half fit morkel
if you take stokes, broad, Anderson and ali out of the england team how well do they do with an attack of finn, ball, plunkett and rashid?

>if you take stokes, Anderson and ali out of the england team how well do they do
probably far better

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

>having to play as Great Britain
>the West Indies being broken up to compete as separate Caribbean island nations.
these are legit concerns imho. also would players from northern ireland be willing to play for a team representing the southern irish olympic council?

cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/82147/get-rid-of-coin-toss-in-cricket-darren-lehmann?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=short-url
>I-I-It was the coin toss! Ban it!
That is by far one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen. Literally so fucking desperate you resort to that,

rugby and cricket already have a united Ireland squad, and football has a deal where bordering counties/provinces are allowed to play for either

>England are said to have objected because the Olympics could harm their television contract with Sky TV because of its incursion on the home summer as well as having concerns about the concept of having to play as Great Britain.
The ENGLAND AND WALES cricket board, who have regularly picked irish and Scottish players in the past (rankin, joyce, morgan, brown, etc) are worried about having a side composed of players from across great Britain
Absolutely fucking laughable, the ECB is a joke

For the West Indies situation you could arguably have a qualifying tournament with the best say, two or three nations competing. Only really Scotland has an autonomous team in GB so that is not even remotely an issue, and none of the Scottish players would be even remotely good enough for selection anyway. I mean Christ they competed as GB for Rugby Sevens and Wales and Scotland have much more competitive independent international sides there.

>rugby and cricket already have a united Ireland squad
yes. olympic cricket wouldn't though

>football has a deal where bordering counties/provinces are allowed to play for either
it's actually much simpler. any player from northern ireland chan choose whether to play for northern ireland or the republic of ireland

So I bowled to the black caps today as part of their final preparations for tomorrow's test in durban. I'm 18 and part of the provincial team which is why I got the opportunity. I'm a left arm orthodox spinner so I spent the majority of the time in the spinners net.

Batsmen that I thought looked good: Guptill, as usual looked solid and in control, as well as BJ Watling, who moved his feet really well against spin. Kane as to be expected looked in brilliant form and seeing his cover drive off your bowling is even more beautiful than watching it on TV, it really is a sight to behold.

Batsmen that looked out of touch: Ross Taylor really didn't impress me at all, looked very out of form and awkward at the crease, struggled a lot against the spinners. Wagner struggled a lot against the pace bowlers, quite a few edges, and missed a lot on what has to be said were roads for practice pitches. Doug Bracewell and Tim Southee batted towards the end and really looked to fulfil their role as tail enders.

Bowlers: Ish Sodhi was turning the ball a mile, some really quality balls, but also dropped quite a few short. His own team mates were struggling to pick his googly and it was coming out really well. On the other hand Mitch Sandtner wasn't really turning the ball at all but his accuracy was pinpoint, didn't trouble the batsmen as much as Sodhi though. Mark Craig was very accurate as well, but again wasn't turning it very much. Martin Guptill bowled a few off-spinners towards the end but I highly doubt he'll be tossed the ball at any point in the series.

Pitch: The pitch at Kingsmead seemed a bit underprepared to be honest,looked almost brown and very unlike the usual Kingsmead track. They reckon it's going to be quite sticky and take turn.

Obviously spending a lot of time with the spinners I got to know them a bit better. Ish Sodhi is a really nice guy, made a lot of conversation and started calling me Matty towards the end of the session, although he did complain about the humidity in Durban a lot! Surprisingly enough, Martin Guptill was the main joker in the team, he spent a lot of time messing around and wrestling with the coaches, and when he came over to our net was imitating Ish Sodhi's accent really well if I'm honest.

All in all I had a really fun time with the black caps and they seem ready to take on the Proteas. Looking forward to a quality series!

Boult's back baby!

>getting btfo by a maori twink

ayyy

Why is Cricket Australia literally the only proactive board in the world?

his narrative has just been obliterated

>only three boards in the world with the money that can afford to promote initiatives
>one of them is a posh boys club populated by the most conservative of conservative voters
>the other is run like its a cross between the corruption of a southern European mafia and the power haggling of the Nazi party

Fucking BCCI
Gas Srini
Board war now

South Africa too. They had no reason to complain.

>finnish flag that knows cricket
Indian or Sexpat?

Anyone planning to watch this?

yes

messi>cabdriver>ashlose

Semen slurping sport

t.french sissy

Play abandoned KEK

Glad I didn't pay for those overpriced tickets

>$8US in the small islands
>$25US here

slowly but surely.....

>The parish magazine apology read: "In affectionate remembrance of St Symphorians Cricket. Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances, RIP. NB - the bails were cremated and the ashes taken to Germany."

thelocal.de/20081015/14919

>2 days gone
Draw is all but confirmed.

Fuck off, stop watching this sport

angry little canuck, back in the trash you go

>check the flag
Uh

Shitposting before /cric/ dies until the next Ashes