Caster Semenya

>Before last year, the IAAF could monitor testosterone levels and require athletes to take hormone-suppressing drugs to compete. Semenya benefited from a Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling in July 2015 that suspended the rule and eliminated any ceilings on acceptable testosterone levels in female competitors. The court said that testosterone level alone is not sufficient cause for preventing women from competing against women.

Should Caster Semenya be allowed to compete with women? She can literally be on as much testosterone as she wants right now with no fear of being banned and why wouldn't she other could giver her a massive advantage. Sure this means other women can take test too but they run the risk of the side effect whereas Caster is fairly male already so the side effects are almost nothing to her. Her competition has said openly that they feel like they are competing for second as Caster has gold all but in her pocket however no one has said if they think she should be running against them or not.

Why can't they just base it on what chromosomes s/he has? Is there something in between XX and XY?

what is the court's reasoning on this? don't they know she'll have stronger muscles than the real women?

Yes

>what is the court's reasoning on this?
muh feels

she have benis?

They have done a sex test but ballsed up her privacy as to why they did the test. Everyone got up in arms about it saying it was uncool. So the results of the test were never shared and they have not acted on the results, likely in fear of how everyone will lash out at them

Most of the women are already taking testosterone.

Either they need to set strict guidelines to the amount of testosterone someone can have in their system and treat testosterone like any other doping agent, or just let men compete as women and be done with it. (Which is what it looks like we're heading towards anyway)

Wasn't there a court case in India where they determined testosterone didn't give any advantage to female athletes? It sounded like a load of shit, but what can you expect from India.

Sometimes people are XXX or XXY or even XYY due to mutant sperm/eggs.

>She can literally be on as much testosterone as she wants right now with no fear of being banned
Wouldn't that also apply to other female competitiors?

Also isn't the issue that she has too much testosterone but it's actually natural? Wouldn't suppressing that be akin to put weighed clothes on Phelps because he's too fish-like?

She was tested and is a woman.

No.
She does have testes inside her though instead of ovaries.

Honestly, intersex people should compete at the paralympics instead.

I jsut want her to not win though so the controversy goes away.

They never shared what the test results showed. Real women don't want to take large amounts of testosterone as you get the side effects and they already women why would you want:
>enlarged clitoris (a literal clit-dick)
>hair loss
>deepening of your voice
And other things
As far as I know that was speculation. Only her, her lawyer, the testers and the authorities that requested the tests actually know the truth

The source on that is pretty sketchy.

>They never shared what the test results showed.
No but they allowed her to keep her medal and let her continue to compete with women, aswell as stating that her actual gender was not the reason they performed the tests.
I understand there are negative side-effects to taking testosterone spullements, like other PEDs, but that never stopped anyone before, and in her case that's apparently her natural level of testosterone.

>Wasn't there a court case in India where they determined testosterone didn't give any advantage to female athletes?

wot

why don't they just release the test results and end the controversy ?
really makes you think

That was my thought as well when I read about it.

They where crucified for dealing with the matter poorly. Add in that they would have to make a firm ruling about Caster and other women like her who are a grey area they would be crucified again
See above about why they probably haven't said a word. They are taking everything very carefully and probably making sure they don't fuck it up.

My point about side effects is that Caster already does have high levels so it's not as big of a deal.
Women are women and as much as they care about sport only a small number would sacrifice that much but you are right there is nothing stopping them at this point

I think it was something like they didn't think there was sufficient proof, not that they disproved it (because obviously the idea that there's no advantage is bollocks.)

It's kind of like the controversy that happens most olympics - including this one - where someone says "hey, literally every finalist in the 100m is mostly or entirely West African, and they have been since 1984, maybe there's some inherent advantage they have?" and they get descended on by journalists and willfully obtuse scientists that take the fact that you don't have a comprehensive list of the specific genes that might cause such a discrepancy to default to 'it's 100% culture lol' even though it's super implausible.

The thing is if she was found to be a woman they'd just release the reuslts and be done with it.
The fact they're worried about fucking it up hints that there's something more to it.
I know it doesn't prove anything but like I said it really stimulate your synapses.

I agree

It really deserves a ponder

If she has a god given vagina and a womb and never had balls then yes she should be allowed to compete

No that's a fucking man, funny how we ban Russia but allow african countries to compete with males in female competitions

>The thing is if she was found to be a woman they'd just release the reuslts and be done with it.
Apparently that was never in question (officially), the only thing that was in question was whether she had a genetic quirk that could be considered an unfair advantage.
But, you know... still makes you put the thinking cap on.

Didnt take a bio class user? Stop making us look bad.

>The court said testosterone level alone is not sufficient cause for preventing women from competing against women.

Isn't this a green light for doping in women's sports?

Effectively

actually, the court of arbitation stated that there was insufficient evidence presented that higher testosterone gave an advantage.

intuitively this is wrong.

Just make it three categories:
Men
Women
Mutants

let's also add Normies and Roidies for comparison
/sp will be epic

S/he has 10 times the average of female athletes, who themselves have a higher count than normal. S/he also has about 5 times as much as the 99th percentile

Sauce please i need this to show faggots

Source: his ass.
But she could conceivably have more than 3 times the average and still be allowed to compete(however there's no number of her actual levels)
>It was as a result of Semenya, and the absolutely disastrous handling of that situation, that the policy changed, and until last year, the policy in place said that women could compete only if their testosterone levels were below an upper limit. That upper limit, 10 nmol/L, was set up based on a study done on all the women competing in the World Championships in 2011 and 2013. The researchers took the average testosterone levels of women with a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which was already elevated at 4.5 nmol/L, and then added 5 SD to it.
>The addition of 3 SD (which created a level of 7.5 nmol/L) would have meant that 16 in 1000 athletes would exceed the cutoff. That’s why the extra 2 SD were added, to make sure that the upper limit would apply only to those with hyperandrogenism (or those who are doping).
>99% of female athletes, by the way, had testosterone levels below 3.08 nmol/L. So the upper limit of 10 nmol/L was three fold higher than a level that applies to 99 in 100 women participants.