/real music/

Hello, fellow Sup Forumstants

I've been a Sup Forums user for about 6 years now but I seldom have visited this board. To my dismay, all you seen to talk about is shitty indie rock, hip hop, k-pop and other varieties of ersatz "music".

Let's discuss the actual greats. Pic related, my favorite band ever, Dream Theater. All classically trained musicians willing to expand the rock/metal format into unexplored territories

Post some real music. God knows this board needs it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFA0FYQo0Gg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this but unironcally

Nice bait you cum guzzler.

the concept of this album and the lyrics are cringeworthy as fuck

still, Dance of Eternity is a show of excellent musicianship, and Strange Deja Vu as well as Finally Free might be among the best things they have ever recorded

Why make this thread?

Hopefully you aren't just shitposting but try this album out.
I think you'll enjoy it.

Sup Forums has no actual knowledge of music theory hence the memerap and k-pop

this is a great album, thanks for reminding me of it

Not bait, this is a serious thread

>Dance of Eternity is a show of excellent musicianship, and Strange Deja Vu as well as Finally Free might be among the best things they have ever recorded
I agree. DoE is probably one of my favorite pieces of music

Thanks for the rec, I'll check it out later

Currently listening to pic related

It makes me mad that my generation listens to CRAP like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.

I only listen to REAL music.

best prog metal album ever coming through

That's a cool album, but in my opinion it's just a little too long winded, nothing against your taste but it's just not what I look for in my metal. Here, this is one of my favorites. It has a lot of energy but also a very unusual approach to it that's very different from traditional metal. It's awesome, they blend all kinds of influences, from pop to Eastern European music, without ever sacrificing the quality and heaviness of the riffs. The lead singer has one of the most versatile voices ever, and the band also has a very socially conscious side, so they inject a lot of that intelligence into their lyrics, which remain incredibly relevant more than 15 years after its release. Check it out if you want to expand your knowledge of what metal can be about, you won't be disappointed.

Good pick user.

have you checked jazz out? I used to be a fan of bands like opeth and DT and I love jazz now.
youtube.com/watch?v=zFA0FYQo0Gg

>actual greats
>Dream Theater

>taking weak as fuck bai

god fucking reddit is the worst. get the fuck out with that shit.

Looks like he forgot the trigger warning.

The only good DT album. Lyrics can be a bit iffy at times but damn that music.

listen to this it's the best prog metal album ever

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U