How old were you when you grew out of your edgelord Scaruffi days and realised The Beatles truly were great...

How old were you when you grew out of your edgelord Scaruffi days and realised The Beatles truly were great? (Read: at what age did you actually listen to their albums?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XyqVcg_wvAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

19. Didn't realize they were great, I don't even like them. But I don't think they are shit anymore.

What don't you like about them? Revolver, MMT, White Album, Rubber Soul, etc have something to please almost anyone.

>not listening to the beatles so you can get references in pop culture

dad was obsessed with them my whole childhood so i always thought they were overrated
when i did get into them, i really got into them
like 160+ scrobbles a day into them

>be avant teen
>literally never heard Beatles song before because I would plug my ears up and call people plebs and cite scaruffi anytime they came up
>turn 18
>listen to them
>actually really good

wtf I hate scaruffi now

my guitar teacher showed them to me when I was 10 and I never entered the scaruffi days

>THAT GIRL IS A REAL CROWD-PLEASER

Yeah I mean listen to the end of I Am The Walrus or Strawberry Fields Forever and tell me they weren't up to shit just as gnarly as Faust or whatever. Pop songs that engage with the avant-garde are valuable in ways Scaruffi can't see. Rock is populist music, use its power for good.

around 19 i slowly started getting into them and disliking them less, now i'm 21 and really love them and their solo stuff, particularly All Things Must Pass and Band On The Run

Who ever read Scaruffi before listening to the Beatles' albums?

Me. I grew up in the meme age.

Wow I had no idea there were people who actually fell for the Scaruffi meme

My earliest memories of any music at all are of listening to the Beatles, probably around 4. My parents really liked them, so I spent a good portion of my childhood not even bothering to try out other music. I'll always love them though, even if they weren't at the forefront of the avant-garde or anything, as if that matters.

I've listened to Sgt Pepper three times. Thought it was alright. I appreciate the context surrounding the work and get that it's like mega influential but it does little for me personally.

It's their weakest album post-Rubber Soul. Not a patch on Revolver or White Album.

15 or 16
Used to think they were overrated and sounded generic (I had only heard a few of their songs)
Then one day when I was really high I decided to listen to Sgt. Peppers and it blew my fucking mind.
Loved them ever since.

youtube.com/watch?v=XyqVcg_wvAU

I don't know, their overall sound, it sounds really old and gay. I also don't like songs that only talk about love and happiness.

Absolute edgelord

Have you ever heard Helter Skelter? A song of theirs which convinced a psychopath to start a murder cult. It might speak to you a bit more

Not really much of a fan these days. Their music lacks the visceral intensity of pop music that the likes of punk rock, metal, industrial, etc. bring while at the same time they don't come close to the kind of cerebral complexity that the likes of western art music bring to the table. Widely influential, but not really worth listening to that many times.

me except without the parents part

Some of my earliest memories with music consist of reading Scaruffi reviews and nodding my head in agreement. My parents gave me Sgt. Peppers once for my birthday, and I immediately demanded they trade it back in for a copy of Faust. It wasn't until my early twenties that I actually listened to the Beatles, and now I'm stuck on Sup Forumscore.

I've always known the Beatles were great albeit a bit overrated. I thought this way because I never tried to be a contra roam faggot and am unafraid to forme my own opinions

Growing up, my big brother was a huge Beatles fan and I was such a contrarian little shit that I pretended to hate them until I was like sixteen

I was 10 when my friend showed me The Beatles. I listened to nothing but The Beatles and their solo projects for a literal 4 years. I'd try to listen to other music, but felt like I was cheating on The Beatles.

Then I found Korn

I was around 11 or 12. O knew my dad listened to them but I didn't really give them any attention until a local TV station played their promotional/music videos one afternoon and I was hooked.

Never liked them

what do i listen to?

they're ok.

real edgelords listened to yoko/plastic ono (she's still better btw)

cant imagine being this pleb

One of the big appeals of the Beatles is how radically their sound changes over the course of 8 years and how they evolve from being a run-of-the-mill rock and roll act to definers of their genre. I'd start off with one of their early albums just to get a feel for how their early music sounded, even though you'll probably dislike it- I'd try Hard Day's Night. I'd follow that up with the trilogy of Rubber Soul/Revolver/Sgt. Pepper's, which saw them add folk, electronic, and orchestral influences to their music respectively. After that you can dive into their more experimental late period stuff like Magical Mystery Tour or the White Album

you probably prefer nirvana over hole too

boy band fangirls are the WORST