Is "Endless nameless" (the hidden track at the end of "Nevermind") the most extreme and "experimental" (you know what I...

Is "Endless nameless" (the hidden track at the end of "Nevermind") the most extreme and "experimental" (you know what I mean) piece of music ever
a) to be released by a major label
b) to sell millions of copies
???

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about 'Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip' from some editions of In Utero? I guess it's more of a jam session type of thing, but it definitely wasn't very mainstream.

probably

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_in_the_United_States

so I'm not sure if there's a gap between 2 and 4 million that needs to/can be accounted for. Also what might be on lists from the uk etc.

Christ, I never realized Alanis Morissette sold that fucking much of Jagged Little Pill. Why did that album even get so popular?

>so I'm not sure if there's a gap between 2 and 4 million that needs to/can be accounted for. Also what might be on lists from the uk etc.
I'm having a big problem with this for some reason so any help is appreciated

More B than A. There's been some fucking weird stuff released on major labels. I could see it being the most "extreme" or "experimental" track among the biggest selling albums of all time though.

Basically, I would be surprised if any of the albums that sold more than Nevermind had any track weirder than Endless Nameless.

That being said I also wouldn't be shocked if there was something crazier above it. But it's surely possible. I just wish we could see genuine reactions from back then when the song suddenly started playing and people were caught off guard by it.

>I would be surprised if any of the albums that sold more than Nevermind had any track weirder than Endless Nameless.
>That being said I also wouldn't be shocked if there was something crazier above it.

What did he mean by this?

#9 is the only thing I think would even be close

excuse me,

Revolution 9

I bet if it wasn't a hidden track and simply the closer we would have got mainstream noise rock instead of post-grunge

MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER

DEATH
WITH VIOLENCE
EXCITEMENT
RIGHT HERE

DIED
GO TO HELL
HERE I AM
RIGHT HERE

I bet if it wasn't a hidden track and simply the closer half of us wouldn't even know about nirvana

That doesn't make sense.

goner by twenty one pilots

I mean the label wouldn't have agreed because I'm pretty sure that's who made the decision.

hahha more like boner you fag

Tomorrow Never Knows is trip hop, musique concrete and drone all rolled into one and was released by the biggest pop band in the world

lmao kill yourself

I think Kurt was just a pussy desu

>releasing In Utero after Nevermind
>pussy

lmao :^*

Later pressings include "Endless, Nameless"

Lol

Copies sold?

idk but probably over a million since you can find it in any music shop anywhere

Nope

And it's not my thread but I assume it needs to be at least 2 million

They were a pop band, true, but people like Karlheinz Stockhausen and Edgar Varese did even more radical things musically decades earlier.

the late string quartets - beethoven