What Beatles song epitomizes "granny shit"?

What Beatles song epitomizes "granny shit"?

Other urls found in this thread:

beatlesbible.com/forum/paul-mccartney/pauls-granny-shit-music/
youtube.com/watch?v=M6rrTROoZIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Long Winding Road or Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Like half of Paul's songs on the white album.
Ob-La Di, Martha My Dear, I Will, Honey Pie

I WANNA HOLD YER HAAAAANNDDD

When I'm Sixty Four, I won't accept any other answer.

Everything Paul ever wrote.

Leave I Will out of this if you know what's good for you

Michelle

A Day in the Life

>woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head
>i lived in England and was a big fat faggot, remember how great we used to be?

>not a single bad song posted ITT so far

really makes a johnfag think

all good choices

DESMOND HAS A BARROW IN THE MARKETPLACE

john originally said that about ob la di ob la da, so that

these are all good songs.

Am I a granny?

Obladi. It was also one of the main reasons the Beatles split.

it just means you're not an edgelord

Worth it desu fuck johnfags

>It was also one of the main reasons the Beatles split.

that's a highly reductive and temporally inaccurate way of looking at the breakup but ok

"Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" was written by McCartney as a pastiche of ska music. The track took a surprising amount of time to complete, with McCartney demanding perfectionism that annoyed his colleagues.[52] Jimmy Scott, a friend of McCartney, suggested the title and played bongos on the initial take. He demanded a cut of publishing when the song was released, but the song was credited to "Lennon-McCartney".[85] After working for three days on the backing track, the work was scrapped and replaced with a new recording.[84] Lennon hated the song, calling it "granny music shit",[86] while engineer Richard Lush recalled that Starr disliked having to record the same backing track repetitively, and pinpoints this session as a key indication that the Beatles were going to break up.[84] McCartney attempted to remake the backing track for a third time, but this was abandoned after a few takes and the second version was used as the final mix.[84] The group, save for McCartney, had lost interest in the track by the end of recording, and refused to release it as a single.

Granny shit killed the Beatles

> Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Worth it.

beatlesbible.com/forum/paul-mccartney/pauls-granny-shit-music/

Obladi is really the epitome of granny shit. That song, the melody, and every lyric in it could be a showtune.

When I'm Sixty Four is distinguished by bass clarinets, which I think is a neat sound, even if that song is kind of saccharine.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer is incredibly dorky, but has some cool synth lines in it at least.

Whereas Obladi has basically nothing to call its own. It sounds like it belongs in a 1930s musical written by white new yorkers about some pretend "old country".

Literally their best song.

Ob La Di is granny shit, but the platonic "Paul Granny Shit Music" song is "Honey Pie"

I like all the granny shit, btw.

But like, to *really* qualify as real kvlt granny shit, the song needs a tuba and a clarinet.

I like honey pie, it's just a nice little diddie. Maxwell and Obladi go above and beyond the granny call of duty.

no on Long and Winding Road
yes on Maxwell's Silver Hammer

yes on Ob-La Di
yes on Martha My Dear
no on I Will
yes on Honey Pie

no on I Wanna Hold Your Hand

yes on When I'm 64

no on everything Paul ever wrote

yes on saying no on I Will

no on Michelle

no on A Day in the Life

yes on Ob La Di

yes on Ob La Di

yes on Ob La Di

yes on Ob La Di

yes on Honey Pie

yes on Maxwell and Ob La Di

I like most of Paul's granny shit but Honey Pie is legit the worst song in their discography. Mr. Moonlight is a close second

Okay, so what keeps "Eleanor Rigby" from being granny shit music?

>written by paul
>sung by Paul
>tells a story
>uses old-timey instruments
>uses traditional melody structure

is it cuz it's minor?

Also does "Yellow Submarine" get a pass cuz Ringo sings it?

>be writing a song with your best bud
>he's been acting kinda fruity lately but w/e
>wonder what this one's gonna be about
>maybe capitalism or sex or drugs or something
>"okay John so I was thinking this one might be a story about a wayward lass"
>oh no
>"you mean like a prostitute or something, Paul?"
>"no I was thinking more like just a silly girl who skips class"
>oh no
>"wait Paul no"
>"and I was thinking I'd do the bass part with a tuba"
>why

Eleanor Rigby isn't granny shit because it's basically the Antigrannyshit. Yes, it's written by Paul, and yes, it's sung by Paul, and yes, it tells a story, and yes, it uses old-timey instruments, and yes, it uses traditional melody structure, but it is so unlike any granny shit song in its tone and mood that it loops back around to being the least granny shit of all Beatles songs.
Yellow Submarine gets a pass because it's Yellow fucking Submarine.

When I think of his Granny shit, I think it's based more around his chord structures and melodies instead of the instruments. That's what seperates Eleanor Rigby from the others

Ironically John wrote Oh Yoko and Woman, arguably way more an example of 'granny shit' then all the McCartney songs he was referring too.

HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT THIS SEXY BASSLINE I WROTE

GOES LIKE THIS

HONK, honk!, HONK, honk!, HONK, honk!, HONK, honk!, HONK, honk!, HONK, honk!,

He also wrote Dear Prudence, which is THE epitome of granny shit.

you take that back

youtube.com/watch?v=M6rrTROoZIw

easily this or Your Mother Should Know.

Bonus points to Martha My Dear for being a granny song about his pupper

but he changed the way the instrument is played for eternities to come

>tfw you see Paul reaching for the oboe

hate to ask but what song?

Obla Da was a ska song written at a time when Ska was still new, especially to non-Jamaicans. It's the opposite of granny shit.

a little too dark and melancholy to be granny shit imo

Lennon was also the one making rock and roll throwback albums in the 70s whereas McCartney was still *trying* to progress as an artist.

I agree w/you on When I'm 64 but I also believe that Wild Honey Pie also qualifies.

Also Maxwell's Silver Hammer Elanore Rigby and Yesterday also qualify even if only for the musical presentation and not necessarily lyrical content.

you sound like a faggot

Wild Honey Pie? But that song is a really weird thing Paul made up in the studio

Are you sure you're not confusing it with regular Honey Pie

no song in particular

I was thinking about Honey Pie and Ob La Di Ob La Da

most of Paul's granny songs are about a person who he names and who has some normal English life that doesn't really scandalize anyone