what's the better album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEFPtG4dP0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MoR, easily

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath desu

But out of those two I prefer Paranoid

Self titled

Master of Reality is a little bit more consistent (partly due to its short length), but the highlights in Paranoid are better

I prefer MoR and genuinely think it is the stronger album, but Paranoid is great. It gets a bad rap sometimes because it has so many overplayed tracks on it.

I've tried to come at them both with new ears (much easier to do with MoR) and I still think MoR is more consistent and makes a stronger statement.

It's a close call, though.

gonna see them tomorrow and master of reality just clicked with me today
>mfw

someone pls rec me albums/artists that sound like planet caravan

I like the more complicated song structures and jams on Paranoid. MoR is a bit too straightforward and I don't like how Geezer's bass is way too loud. Planet Caravan is better than Solitude, too.

Also, I'm still not tired of Paranoid's big radio hits, but Sweet Leaf and Children don't do a lot for me anymore

Paranoid without a fucking doubt
I'd have to agree with everything in this post except for the point about Geezer's bass

I'm going back more often to Master of Reality, so I want to say it's the better album, but they're both real good. So I guess in the end it comes down to preferance.
Although I will say that an album with Sweet Leaf and Into the Void on it is hard to beat.

you might like Om.
youtube.com/watch?v=KEFPtG4dP0k

thanks mate, i'll check it out

>skip to random part in video
>"INSHALLLLLAHHHH ALLLAHHHHHHHHH"
and for that reason, i'm out

*tips fedora*
*puffs e-cig*

Paranoid is their best album.
MoR has 2 fillers and just 6 songs.

i hope you're baiting

no"?

hey what city are you in, i'm seeing them tomorrow too

I like Black Sabbath the best

Master Of Reality>Sabbath Bloody Sabbath>Sabotage> Paranoid>S/T

their s/t is still a 4.5/5 for me though

black sabbath is trash

glasgow my man, I'm pumped.

neato, that's where i am too
it's gonna be good, even if ozzy can only sort of sing in tune these days :(

yea it's a wonder the guy is still standing at all after though.
i hope there's gonna be some action outside of the golden pit as well, only have regular floor tickets but I like a bit more crowd interaction.

MOR is tighter and cleaner sounding.

Both are great albums but I think Paranoid is better hands down.

Master of Reality.

paranoid is the stronger album. you can hear the decline in MoR but i will admit i like MoR alot even if its more gimmicky

Paranoid is the GOAT metal album. Very nearly perfect. It's just been played to fucking death.

wrongo

Sabotage was their best album also

This is the opinion commonly held by people who aren't really into the genre

actually no, MoR seems to be the one posers gravitate to when they first get into stoner doom. Paranoid has way better songwriting and I would even argue that it's got heavier riffs, despite MoR's downtuning. I might also rate SBS and the first 2 Dio albums higher than MoR