>2004
>Be 14
>Girl I'm in love with listens to emo music like The Used and MCR
>Think those bands and the entire genre was gay(I grew up a Punk) so never listened to either band ever
>2017
>Download MCR's Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album
>Listen to it while thinking about the girl I once loved
>It's actually good and really fun and not as emo as I thought it would be
What's an album you didn't give a chance and missed out on due to being stubborn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0meUUaeO1DM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>14
>in love

you were a pleb 14 year old.

MCR is GOAT.

Honestly lots of hip hop
Brother put ideas in my head when I was young that rock was the only good music

Started listening to music on my own in high school and now I love hip hop

Used to say Kanye was a talentless idiot and now he's my favorite artist

>What's an album you didn't give a chance and missed out on due to being stubborn?
Daft punk kind of blows in retrospect

Three cheers for sweet revenge is actually really great. The other albums are not but that one is kino.

I was a hopeless romantic.

Heard black parade was good too, thoughts?

I think it's their best personally, who knows whether that's my nostalgia or not.

Honestly I don't get why emo bands like MCR and Fall Out Boy and groups of their ilk were so hated back then, I was a young teen so I didn't keep up with music fandom the way I do now.

i think it was because of the image and the fanbase. Now people who were "emo" or whatever dont exist, so people like it more without that image in mind.

Bullets is their best album and the only one that still holds up in its entirely...Three Cheers and Black Parade have good moments but also horrible ones

>Girl I'm in love with listens to emo music
>like The Used and MCR

THIS.
MY GF IS SO FUCKING CLOSE MINDED ABOUT MUSIC, AND OFTEN ROASTS ME ABOUT LOVING 'YE.

autism

>I grew up a Punk
top fucking kek

>over 14yo
>falling in love

>it's an "everyone pretends nostalgiacore is genuinely good" episode
fuck off and get some taste moron MTVmo is shit

>jeff mangum reaction pic

let me guess, you're just a Sup Forumscore/p4k drone? How about you get some taste, dick

there is only one true 'three cheers' album

and it ain't for fucking revenge.

MCR might be the best rock band of the '00s desu

It is so blatant that you're new here. Lurk more

Blink 182 is shit, was shit, and will always be shit

uh oh, it looks like i pinched a nerve
cry about it you fucking wuss, you have awful taste

Nah
youtube.com/watch?v=0meUUaeO1DM

Do I even need to say it?

At least he has taste, you can't even appreciate mainstream rock music for 14 year olds

>(I grew up a punk)

that was especially shitty

>mainstream rock for 14 year olds is now considered to be having taste
neo Sup Forums everybody

Been here since 2010, like MCR more now than I did then
If you can't appreciate exceptional work in any genre, even a critically maligned one, what are you really doing except following the breadcrumb trail of critical cred and faux-vanguardism that leads to people thinking Death Grips are challening and Swans are fresh

You just have to almost completely ignore the vocals and lyrics, then most blink 182 songs are pleasant to great

>2004
>pathetic loner
>playing vidyas and listening to Aphex Twin

there is exceptional work in the second wave emo genre - by jimmy eat world and the get up kids. MCR is and always has been trite shit with little of value to offer the already not good genre.

Everyone come and laugh at the massive pleb. He thinks he's one of us!

Pathetic.

now you're just embarrassing yourself

Opposite thing happened to me. Weird.

Jimmy Eat World and the Get Up Kids are also exemplary (props for not sayin Moss Icon or w/e) but lol @ MCR being trite. Shitload of diverse influences shaped into something totally unmistakably new on their first few albums, power metal rubbing shoulders with post-hardcore and Britpop.

>already not good genre
Top 3 rock subgenre of the past 20 years desu

> I grew up a Punk
you grew up a poser

RETARDS
ATTEMPTING
POETRY
EVERYWHERE

moss icon are first wave and have little to do with third wave (not second as i originally posted i was wrong) that MCR made music in.
i would hardly call their work "diverse" or "unmistakably new" - they mixed pop punk, post hardcore and emo. by the time of their debut that had already been happening for a while.
as for top 3 rock subgenre of the past 20 years... if you count emo as a whole and all four waves maybe, but not emo-pop alone.

D'aw, little babby has no friends ;_;

you're the one listening to MCR pally i think it's clear which one of us doesn't have friends

It's good but has a few week spots (Teenagers is an awful song and kinda ruins things for me a bit). I love the over all idea and plot that it has going for it too. The group replied a bit too much on older bands for influence on it but it still comes out great. I love the track mama even if it's obviously imitating pink floyd.

>likes morrissey
>claims to have friends

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i knew you would fall into my trap
i never claimed to like morrissey, he was basically the proto whiny emo kid, but you know you don't have any friends so all you had was the reaction picture of him looking smug to post on
get dicked moron

There'd never been such a charismatic or ridiculous band in that subcategory up to that point. They restored the theatricality of classic rock in a way totally divorced from the po-faced reactionary tendencies of the White Stripes or Muse, Helloween guitar licks and Pink Floyd homages mixed with pained wails and melodramatic death-obsessed lyrics. They had a hit 12-bar blues song about Columbine, hey had a breakdown lead directly into a Liza Minnelli feature and a generation of overly earnest teens ate it up without question.

Pop-punk and emo are the saviours of rock. History will absolve me on this point.

Every single track on the first half of the album is beautifully produced.

>concocts "traps" on a north american pussy-grabbing forum
>thinks he has friends

MEGALOLZ

You both are massive faggots and should leave this forum ASAP

I hate myself for this.

>get gf
>she used to love MCR and The Used, etc.
>The Used comes to our city to play there first two albums in back to back nights
>go there with her as my first concerts, have a good time
I just like music, man, listening to almost anything is nice. Except when it's really sparse noise recordings, those blow.

all of MCR actually, i was a fucking retard

I feel you man, people are too quick to judge shit

>emo
>mcr

Get the fuck back to >>>/Reddit/ you fucking wannabe.

agreed. It's really fucking pointless to just hate on bands, but people do it to try and look cool to all their hipster friends who only use Pitchfork to get all their music recommendations. If you don't enjoy it there's no reason to talk shit to people about it. Save that for sports and politics.

mcr are good for my soul.
the leader singer has a pleasant voice.
their music isn't deep but i believe you can make it as deep as you want if you wanted to.
i feel like bands like mcr have found a way to connect emotionally with their audience in their own strangely commerical way that is actually genuine and beautiful in its own right.

i'm too stupid to explain it but it's true in my heart!

I feel it user. I can see how the outcasts in high school and middle school really connected with I'm Not Okay and whatnot.

Wannabe of?

tfw when there is a suspicious lack of cancer in a mu thread...

>horrible ones
name 1 moment on black parade that wasnt flawless. protip: you cant

because you know it's shit but still like it?

I didn't listen to this and thought it was a meme until I heard that it was prog rock instead of punk or metal or something, listened to it and got mad at myself that I thought it was just a meme

Kys

>was young that rock was the only good music

Thanks for that rare Carl

Everything except MCR's hits, are shit.