open.spotify.com/album/2RWhRlMW0F8urFf7yRLXNP
soundcloud.com/andrew-younker/eyes-turn-blue
youtube.com/watch?v=yI137myE-_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLit7-b4W9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no detroit d:'(

waiting for m b v 2: e l e c t r i c b o o g a l o o

Oh man I wanna see them

No one ever comes to Denver. I want to see them so bad.

>they're not coming to Boston
oh well, hopefully the album's good

I made a thread earlier asking for more artists that excelled at slow, repetitive, sparse dream pop (). Would any of you happen to know some?

Broadcast maybe?

I do like Broadcast, but they're quite different from what I'm looking for. I'd like to find more like A.R. Kane and Pale Cocoon, for example, that maintain that distant and hollow tone.

i could go to the brooklyn one

is it worth it?

$35 will end up being like $40 all said and done. I only listen to a few of their songs... and it's been quite some time since they made it

Obligatory new album plug:

Suburban Deer - December Summer
>mathgaze, noise rock, experimental
suburbandeer.bandcamp.com/album/december-summer

The first song is the longest and least shoegazey, don't let that put you off. No comments last thread but I did notice that there were some downloads, anyone have a chance to listen yet? Feedback? Praise? Shunning?

>no montreal

I hear their recent shows have been incredible too

wrong thread

>no dates in the south
i should consider moving out of this place as soon as i graduate

Favorite shoegaze EPs?

I know there are dedicated bandcamp threads but homemade shoegazi has always been welcome here, if that's changed it's news to me.

I listened to it, darkly lit christmas trees is my favorite track, pretty cool stuff

I saw them when they were touring with Low in 2014. It was probably the best show I've ever seen. Would totally see them again if they were coming anywhere close to me

Thanks! I was worried that track would kill the flow, this is good to hear.

>no California
damn

Anyway, I came across this while searching up Sunny Sundae Smile covers. It has an interesting sound to it, like it was recorded in a tunnel.
youtube.com/watch?v=WLTiSN6cCFM

This one is bossa nova dream pop
youtube.com/watch?v=myc5dihsbUA

This one is just plain fun
youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZCn4GDuag

>like it was recorded in a tunnel.
or on a payphone in an industrial packaging plant

>m b v 2
is this something that is actually happening?

im pretty hopeful that the new slowdive record will amount to being their 22 year comeback m b v

except the new slowdive record will be good

rude

M B V wasn't bad, it just wasn't Loveless.

I really hope it is. The new song is pretty bland though honestly, could be nothing but it's got me worried that they'll fuck up their stellar legacy.

Going to their DC show. Super glad it's on a Sunday and not during finals.

Dude what an awful cover.

Can anyone share the new single?

This or is there a newer one?

youtube.com/watch?v=ogCih4OavoY

I dunno man, it's still not 100% there for me.

Yeah, I'm . It's still Slowdive though, they could easily surprise us with something amazing.

people, it's been a while since we started an official Sup Forums whatsapp group and we're in need of new blood

just whatsapp me here:
+52 1 669 1060198

and i'll get you in with the fun

For the cover, add a blur effect to cover up the fact that it is low res.

>Be a hue
>The only big shoegaze bands that came here recently was Deafheaven in July 2016 and a washed up Smashing Pumpkins in 2015 if you can call them proper shoegaze

Seriously send me source material. I'll listen to the album and make you a new cover. Please let me help you.

>North American tour 2017
>Five dates
what is this shit

Listening now. I also sampled your first release whose cover actually made me feel ill. This new one is much better. Your name sucks too btw. I literally could not remember what it was after reading it 4 times. I still don't remember it. Let's collab dude. I think it would be good for both of us.

Fuck that second track Jesus Christ I'm done listening. I know you think you want it to sound fucked but don't let it clip goddammit what is wrong with you.

Really, what did you sample? Could I hear it? And what sort of collaboration did you have in mind? I don't work well with others but am open to things and stuff.

Something something subjectivity something something aesthetic.

fuck it, I'm gonna go to Toronto. I can't miss this opportunity, I don't think they'll come back to Montreal.

yoooo what up mtl-shugazibro!!!

my brothers, mes frères

let's road trip to Toronto famalam

I'm hopefully going to that one from connecticut

You're from detroit too? Did you see the gomeshake concert?

Shut up, bitch. All the new bands come from Montreal motha fucker, hogging all the sweet gigs and housing.

you actually down?

No

I am actually down but I'll probably just end up taking the bus or something. Can't really plan it so many months in advance.

Lilys just reissued their best album.

youtu.be/G7mUBb394JE

frontierrecords-lilys.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-presence-of-nothing

open.spotify.com/album/2RWhRlMW0F8urFf7yRLXNP

>Something something subjectivity something something aesthetic.
That's well and good but
boy don't let your got dam music clip if you want to be taken seriously at all

soundcloud.com/andrew-younker/eyes-turn-blue

i guess this isn't super shugazi but other songs i have are

Nah I'm not from Detroit but that's probably the closest Slowdive would ever get to me, I don't think they'd even bother trying to fill out the Dow Event Center in Saginaw.

>no LA or SoCal
Wtf

What's some obscure shugazi/metal crossover? I know there's a ton of blackgaze but I'm looking for non-black stuff that's metal-based (ideally sludgy and dense) but still makes use of shoegazey guitars and sounds.

Been listening to a lot of Junius and Year of No Light the last few days. Downtuned guitars lend themselves well to shoegaze.
youtube.com/watch?v=yI137myE-_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLit7-b4W9Y

Good looking out

If you know Junius I'm sure you've at least heard of Rosetta but if you haven't, listen to The Galilean Satellites, there's a shoegazey atmosludge disc that can be perfectly synced up with an ambient noise disc for a really thicc sound.
Nadja's Radiance of Shadows is great if you like doomy stuff, pure fuzz.
The Angelic Process are great too, really crushing with buried vocals.

I'm not really sure what you expect, I think it sounds good which is why I did it. I know not everyone likes the things I like but I also know that I'll be happier just doing what I want and hoping to find other people who like those things as well. It's not like I'm trying to sell this stuff, I've made $3 off of music and spent... probably more than I should stop to count.

The feedback is still helpful, maybe I'll remember this and try to include less clipping in the future. That's not a promise though since clipping frankly sounds awesome.

>clipping frankly sounds awesome

>tour that lasts a week

why did they mean by this?

Both me. You need someone to explain to you how to take yourself seriously.

And when I said sampled I meant I just listened to a bit of it. imo it's not good enough to have been released.