Watch Japanese cartoons

>watch Japanese cartoons
>all the characters want to go to a hot spring to bathe

As an American this confuses me. This is what our hot springs look like, they smell like rotten eggs and will quite literally kill you. Do Japanese hot springs not smell like rotten eggs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6N_TFXpaHAQ
edition.cnn.com/2016/11/17/us/yellowstone-man-dissolved-trnd/
youtube.com/watch?v=iegUm3H9ti8
welcomeuruguay.com/termas/index_i.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounts_of_Cantal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's a hot spring anyway?

watch this vid to see what they mean by hot spring
youtube.com/watch?v=6N_TFXpaHAQ

When the temperature is above the median average in May.

According to anime it's a luxurious pool that's good for your skin

>Another incident involved a man named John Mark Williams. He was hiking in Yellowstone Park during a snowstorm and, with his visibility obscured, accidentally fell into a hot spring, burning himself all the way from his feet to his neck. Amazingly, he was able to haul himself back to the camp, by which point his skin was already beginning to shred from his body. On his arrival at the camp he was comforted by friends, but there was little they could do to save him. After several hours of severe pain, Williams died in the night.

I just Googled it. And it seems American hot springs are warmed up by volcanic magma, while the Japanese are warmed by warm rocks deep in the earth.

Hauling yourself is impossible. Just ask newton.

From deep below the surface, 6 miles (10km) to be exact, emerge the fabled naturally warm and carbonated mineral waters of Vichy Springs, California. Driven from the depths by expanding carbon dioxide they flow at over 100 gallons per minute at a pleasantly warm average of 90° Fahrenheit (30° Celsius).

The waters are heavily mineralized at 3,800 milligrams per liter dissolved solids and highly charged with carbon dioxide. They are almost identical to the famed Vichy Waters in France and Madagascar.

When one bathes in these luxuriant waters, after 1 - 2 minutes, millions of tiny bubbles cover one's skin. The CO2 and water dramatically relax and penetrate the skin and rapidly dilate one's capillaries, giving an incredible feeling of calm, warmth, peace and tranquility. The waters have magical powers that realign one's natural magnetic field, which induces the a very relaxed state.

Drinking the highly alkaline waters soothes acidic digestive systems and aids and cures gout, rheumatism, ulcers and all sorts of acid related illnesses.

edition.cnn.com/2016/11/17/us/yellowstone-man-dissolved-trnd/

>be american
>take dip in sulfuric acid pool
>dissolve

>Drinking the highly alkaline waters soothes acidic digestive systems and aids and cures gout, rheumatism, ulcers and all sorts of acid related illnesses.

>that realign one's natural magnetic field

>unalign your magnetic field
>you suddenly turn into magneto

youtube.com/watch?v=iegUm3H9ti8

We call them "termas" here in Uruguay.

But ours are for the most part hot water outdoor/indoor pools or water parks in a big... Campus? I don't know how to say it in English, you can rent different kinds of cabins or just camp in the place after paying a fee since it's quite big.

Some are really hot, some are warm

Is that just a FUCKING hot chlorine pool mate?

kek

idk but i saw it in naruto
nips come here and explain

is there a chance mother nature will boil you alive or release some gas and kill you?

W-what's at the bottom?

Op is wrong-- we have hot springs all over the place. Pic related is one.

BTW that's Yellowstone National Park on the OP you retards.

Yeah a leaf got himself killed there just recently. By the time authorities arrived he had evaporated.

Another pic

What a dummy

Where should I go
BC or Montreal?

Depends, what are you looking for?

... 2bh, this feels like a really good way to an hero. I don't mean boiling/melting yourself alive, but like blowing your brains out while at a place/angle that ensures you'll fall in afterwards... sweet release from life and the eradication of your body, as if you never existed. At long last, peacefully into that good night.

mMmm no

I'll just hold my breath until I die, thank you.

I can go camp by myself at Yoho national park and see Vancouver on the way or go visit one of my few friends who's currently at Montreal.

I don't support suicide but I'm pretty sure you'd cease to live in less than a minute, wouldn't be that painful.

Why would you want to see Hongcouver?

I've been told it's a beautiful city. I live in the Bay Area so seeing a lot of asians isn't new to me.

No.

Water is medicinal, it comes out clean like that

>welcomeuruguay.com/termas/index_i.html

Well so long as you avoid Downtown Eastside, it's not so bad; feel kinda generic to me but hey, maybe it's really interesting to foreigners.

Aquifero Guarani for the win
>tfw we get invaded for water in 30-50 years

Yellowstone sits on top of one of the largest supervolcanoes on earth. It's a literal death trap disguised as a national park.

Tell me about Montreal, where do you live btw?

>tfw you gotta visit before it turns the world into another ice age.

It depends on where the hot springs exist. Some smell like a rotten egg, some have a white color, some have a black color. The temperature of hot springs vary too. But I've heard most of the water of hot springs in Japan are too cold for bathing so need to warm up.

Montreal is pretty dank, though be warned, Frogs can be pretty fucking rude if you don't speak French.
I made the mistake of living in the GTA.

Yeah I don't but I'm Colombian so they probably will try to be multicultural. Thanks

Hey no problem man, maybe if you're nearby we could meet up or some shit.

Where do you live again?

On the edge of the Greater Toronto Area

Are you into /out/ activities or more into normie kind of social activities in the city ? Damn didn't realize Montreal was so close to the States and to Toronto.

Haven't really been /out/ much but hey I'd be willing to give it a go if I have the time.

Cool do you Telegram?

Iwo Jima - 硫黄島 - Sulfur Island

no...

i think the word you're looking for is "campground"

made me chuckle

>Drinking the highly alkaline waters soothes acidic digestive systems
>The waters have magical powers that realign one's natural magnetic field
cures gout, rheumatism, ulcers and all sorts of acid related illnesses
only in c*lifornia

And it was discovered by spaniards

Perhaps you should give Commiefornia back (well maybe not the north) to Mexico, let the beaners deal with that faggotry.

I still don't get why they don't setup a thermal plant there.
If the facade is fancy, you could turn some of the ground floors or exterior into a hotel or something

;( well lad if the time comes I'll make a thread just mention you're the guy from the Yellowstone thread. Really eager to get to see Canada bro.

Well okay (by the way I have crippling social anxiety so I might chicken out).

Steamboat Springs Colorado and Hot Springs Arkansas, off the top of my head. One or both of these are hot because of uranium so watch your balls.

Yeah me too, specially when looking at people at the eyes... although once I get to know said person better I loosen up. Yet another reason why I like /out/stuff better desu

look like this in France

>tfw you will never enjoy a bath in a japanese mountain onsen during a snowy winter day
why live ;_;

this is some Tchernobyl-tier hot spring that's screenshot from STALKER ?

Ours look like this.

France was pretty hardcore geologically speaking by the time i'm sure there's still hot springs and stuff like this

huge ass volcano that explode long long ago and create lots of tiny volcanos :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mounts_of_Cantal

there's some in colorado

>Do Japanese hot springs not smell like rotten eggs?
yes they do (it's sulfur), but not so much unless you bathe in a water source like the pic directly (which is rare since it's too hot in most cases).

That's what farting in the water after eating twenty big macs will do.

Are people still allowed to bathe there?
I thought it was closed to the public?