Y'all discuss musicals?

Y'all discuss musicals?

Barely, and that one's shit. Go discuss it on reddit.

Please, you don't want to start Sup Forums on the Hamilton thing.

Musicals are pretty stupid.

I don't want to associate with fans of musicals and part of the joy of music comes from appreciating it with others. So no.

Doesn't have to be Hamilton. Any elderly people around here who like Les Mis or Cats?

>Elderly
>Les Mis
Wew

1980 was 37 years ago old man

I acted in high school productions of The King & I and Guys & Dolls, but that's the extent of my association with musicals.

>be me
>need to cut dog's hair
>got the dog when I was in middle school during my 'punk-listening' period and I named it Bitch
>haven't named it anything different since
>go to vet with the dog
>ask for my dog to get trimmed
>vet asks dog's name, I just say Bitch
>vet gives me a weird look and takes dog to the back
>later she comes back and invites me to see their new machine that'll cut Bitch's fur
>see Bitch going towards some weird machine with razors and shit
>start freaking out
>grab vet and shout, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING"
>Vet says
>"It's clipping, Bitch."
SSSSSHSHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRR

Hamilton actually was a total asshole who fucked over Aaron Burr's political career over personal bias.

And nothing of value was lost

nope musicals are for normie fags. the type of gays that let their white straight girl friends come to gay clubs with them and say "slay", "yass queen" and shit. we true intellectual queers listen to art music and traditional folk musics.

Tommy and Jesus Christ Superstar or GTFO

Les mis and cats are trash
Oklahoma, show boat and WSS are best

Musicals are magical, musical fans are cancer. I'm saying this as someone who used to be involved in local theatre, too,

>Oklahoma
It's an innovative classic but the Dream ballet is boring as shit and Laurie is about as interesting as cardboard. Curly sucks too. The supporting characters are great though, same with the score. Ali Hakim is one of my favorite roles I've played.

What's your issue with Les Mis?

7/10 havin a good chuckle

I was the lead in Guy and Dolls in high school which was fun I guess and it was hilarious to look up videos of Marlon Brando tryna sing when he played the same part in the movie but wow the music kinda sucked

Hamilton is like...fine

Rent has some really good songs off the top of my head (La Vie Boheme, Santa Fe, Tango Maureen) and West Side Story is GOAT

that about does it

Hamilton was definitely one of the most bizarre cultural artefacts of the pre-trump era

I find the idea of applying showtune aspects to normal albums pretty interesting but that's about as far as I've gone in the past
I wanted to get into it a little bit more at one point but then I got rejected by a drama guy in my school and have avoided that whole clique since because I'm an autist

Musicals can be fun. I like Miss Saigon.

You're the worst kind of gay

Rent may be my least favorite musical of all time.

Spring Awakening is my personal favorite

I like Camelot and Songs for a New World

>Les mis [... is] trash
You take that back! Cats is trash, though.

Agreed. It's a bunch of whiny artists complaining that they picked shit aspirations and then refusing to pay rent. Why do people jerk off over this?

Only musical I've liked so far is Book of Mormon, any recs?

And the one sympathetic character the portrayed as the villain.

You ever see Avenue Q? Same people made it and the music is really enjoyable. Chicago is also really great and the movie adaptation is the best musical to movie adaptation ever made.

Not that user, but Avenue Q was phenomenal when I saw it. The soundtrack is only half the experience, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what's up.

The only common writer between Avenue Q and Book of Mormon was Robert Lopez, if I recall correctly. The other two writers on Book of Mormon were the guys from South Park.

Avenue Q was really fun and funny.

Additional trivia: Robert Lopez was one of the writers on Frozen (and won an Oscar for "Let it Go").