/tdop/

OFFICIAL "THE DEATH OF PABLO" THREAD

Links to Previous Threads
(user's Dream)
"I keep having this dream where Kanye puts out a new albums called "The Death of Pablo" It's just 4 songs, Ultralight Wall, Washed Up, Father Stretch My Hands pt. 3 and Fade pt. 2
They are all around 20 minutes. It sounds like the originals but just 20 times darker in both lyrics and production also, Fade pt. 2 has 10 minutes of Kanye talking about his innermost fears and what happens when you die after a few minutes of silence"

This was (user's) my dream, and this thread is for pursuing that dream. This thread is just for rough drafts of the songs and constructive criticism to make The Death of Pablo possible.

WIP TRACKS:

Ultralight Wall:
clyp.it/wg5himyn

Washed Up:
(no progress)

FSMH Pt. 3:
(no progress)

Fade Pt. 2
clyp.it/lvmy0gdf

Fade Monologue:
clyp.it/xq3tohh0 (pretty much done, might add some things myself)

remember guys, we're trying to make a cohesive 4 track long album, with movements within each song. Add onto what other people have done, and make sure to sample the songs each track is based on
Ultralight Wall - Ultralight Beam
Washed Up - Famous and Waves
FSMH Pt. 3 - FSMH Pt. 1 and Pt. 2
Fade Pt. 2 - Fade

have fun collaborating and making music!

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/xgemhmie
soundcloud.com/whyareyouhere
clyp.it/lvmy0gdf
clyp.it/wg5himyn
clyp.it/sqbiusq1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUmfuMpMcg
clyp.it/ay3n5ihe
clyp.it/kojaowdl
clyp.it/ym4gvuhb
clyp.it/qrcbu3ax
strawpoll.me/12191124
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol no thanks

I'm rooting for this. But please don't make it super cringey. Especially since the criteria is "Pablo but 20 times darker." C'mon, 20 times darker? Are you 11?

CONTRIBUTION FOR WASHED UP
its only 3-4 minutes but add on to it guys
clyp.it/xgemhmie

desu this project has been going in kind or a different direction than what the dream was, more post rock than creepypasta, so the edginess factor won't be too high

I feel like this could work, although probs not for the intro of the track. Do you have a SoundCloud or anything so I can credit you when we do use it?

Since I'm a skilless prick I'll continue to shill this anyway I can

soundcloud.com/whyareyouhere

I didn't really sample Famous or Waves, but you can put this track wherever you feel like it should go. I sampled his onstage rant and Send it Up.

Is the band back together?

And by the band i mean T H E D I C C L I C C B R 1 G 4 D E

alright man, we can probs fit this in, thanks man!

wtf is this

Hey,I've seen the thread before,but I think OP's album cover posted wouldn't fit as a cover for Death of Pablo

His best work

clyp.it/lvmy0gdf -- my Fade pt2

clyp.it/wg5himyn -- Latest version of Ultralight Wall

OP are you working on Washed Up? Are you using clyp.it/sqbiusq1 , do I need to change anything

Not so keen on that Beast song, but I like the idea of a slowed Devil sample so how about someone makes a different beat out of the original sample but slowed down? Original sample m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUmfuMpMcg

I know this is a bit off topic but last night I dreamt that Stefan Burnett passed away. The headline in my dream was "MC Died".

Glad to see this thread isnt dead, looking forward to the end result

I'm not at home rn but as soon as I get the chance I'll start working on Washed Up

I feel like fsmh pt3 has a lot of potential can't wait to see what people come up with

I'll bump it, i wanna see where this goes

Bump, I'm going to try to work on something

Skype group chat?

/thread

I agree, the purple grainy cover is better

Dicklick is fucking dead man

bump desu, can't let this thread stop till it's done

clyp.it/ay3n5ihe

Washed Up intro.

alright man, that works perfectly, I'll be sure to work it into the introduction

BLIMP

Reposting my outro for Ultralight Wall:
clyp.it/kojaowdl

nice! I'll build off of this

I like this as well, posting to remember it

>please don't make it super cringey.
why?

It's probably not gonna end up sounding like Pablo at all, considering a lot of people are just doing their own thing, and most of it is sorta experimental. I'm pretty happy with that, though. Nothing particularly edgy yet.

What piece from picasso is this?
the OP image

just an idea of the album cover

not sure the exact name, I'll check it when I get home and I'll let you know

shit I actually like this one a lot, if there's anything else you could add to this, it'd be perfect

No worries my man i found it out, thanks anyways.
Its called seated nude for anyone else wondering

Yo, OP. It's really fucking rough, but will this intro for FSMH Pt. 3 work?

clyp.it/ym4gvuhb

I like it a lot, but I feel like it would work better as like a transition or later in the song, but yeah it sounds really good! do you have a SoundCloud so I can give credit?

I think u overdid it from 0:11 to 0:51, i just found it too repeating and annoying but thats just me i think a more grungy harder distorted beat would be better there

yeah I agree, try to see if you can do a bit more with the sample, either changing it up more or adding stuff

I agree, the second part is real good because it's not just a sample of the track with fx, but yeah I hear good ideas there

While I don't really care for this music, I wanted to say that I think it's cool y'all (OP?) are actually pursuing something and trying to make it a reality.

Good luck.

I used to have one I shared with my friend when we first started making music, but it's not all that impressive
Noted. I'll fix it up later tonight.

alright man, if you don't want to it's fine, just trying to give credit where credit is due.

hey, in about an hour I'm going to have access of my computer, so I'm going to start making the first movement of washed out

hey man this is a really cool project, keep it up

thanks man, appreciate the support, I'm looking to see this through to the end!

I want this on a vinyl

Really awesome stuff here, op. You could probs make monies to pay off ur car loans. :^)

bump

I'm about to start working on Washed Up, so expect a movement (or more) draft in a few hours

>i dont know what to add tho. anyway thought the lightbulb was a nice idea. i'll try to glitvh it out or something

i dont know what to add tho. anyway thought the lightbulb was a nice idea. i'll try to glitvh it out or something
(wrote it twice cus i replied to other person. oops)

Just put me down as Kami Sutra. That'll be good enough.

finished product, a bit glitchy, brought back the purple
also whyme has returned

oh yea thats really really good. I might make like a strawpoll to see which cover people like the most, but I like this one a lot

Dream user here, can't believe this is still going, keep up the good work boys

pinterest core my dude

that was fucking amazing.

i love this!!! so many talented people here

This seems pretty cool. Where can we find it when it's finished?

as i'm kind of organizing the project at this point, I will make a soundcloud for the project, upload it there, and also make a mega/zip file or something for download

Are there actually gonna be lyrics on this thing ?

ending on ultralight wall is so fucking good, im a talentless fuck so i cant do anything to help but this is sounds like a really fun project

at this point im not sure, we might do something but idk rn its coming together fine without them
thanks a lot man! thats also not the ending just yet, theres probably going to be more added to that song so we can get all of them to the 20 minute mark, as in the dream

rn I started work on Washed Up, turns out its incredibly hard to sync tempo to improv solo guitar but im making it happen lmao

desu i don't think lyrics would be fitting, this is supposed to be a more abstract kind of thing

Lyrics would be weird af desu its more of an experimental fan remix ish thing

lyrics that are not from kanye that is

something i whipped up real quick

oh yeah i realized i put which one instead of why me, my bad

that's pretty nice tho, but maybe you should make it a square instead of a rectangle

Derailing thread because fuck it

>who should be included on the album tracks

>earl sweatshirt

Anything else?

How the fuck would that work??

earl? fuck off

washed up [mix 1]

clyp.it/qrcbu3ax

this mainly samples the song that famous samples in the first half of the song, and is this guitar solo thing, and idk tell me what you think of it, add onto it if you want!

I think that we should just stick to sampling TLOP, man.

Also, regarding FSMH Pt. 3. I've shortened the intro and added a tiny bit more to the second part of the song, but I'm not sure if I should move the intro part later into the song or keep it at the beginning. Thoughts? Opinions?

Go with the original font desu

i dont know what is the original font.
besides that, i think arial looks really good

I have an idea to add "And Ima let you finish but" from pop style between "i made that bitch famous" and rihannas "i just wanted you to know"
Also you could use some old kanye vocals or lines. Something from through the wire would surely work and it was his first single

ITT: pure autism

sure go ahead, just make sure not to overdo it with kanye lines, we dont need too many vocals on this other than samples from the track

hey man would you like to contribute to this project or just complain

>not putting these clyps up for download

BEST AND ONLY COVER ART

made strawpoll to decide which cover to use
strawpoll.me/12191124

good ideas here, but I'm not crazy about the guitar part. I know it's supposed to be dark and weird, but some parts of this sounded just dissonant which I'm not crazy about. def keep working on it, there's potential

"I feel like that" would work so much in this album

All are cringey

well then make one that's not cringey. remember we are all contributing

no they are not. Pretty decent designs they are

Hold up. Working on one.

Ok I finished mine

good

Kek

it's a joke.

A dumb joke.

But I chuckled.

finally, a cover that truly captures the concept.

Still Tweaking
Need to put in text
Need to make it album cover dimensions

>Sup Forums fan album

i liked the black one most