We are unironically not exploding about new FJM

>we are unironically not exploding about new FJM

baka

pitchfork.com/news/71106-here-is-father-john-mistys-incredibly-long-incredibly-awesome-explanation-of-what-his-new-album-is-about/

youtube.com/watch?v=wKrSYgirAhc

HYPE

new song wasn't good
his voice and lyrics can't justify long songs. arrangements wasn't that good also

good message but would have been better as poetry

I haven't listen yet but honestly if it is even half as good as ILYHB I will be happy. That album was amazing.

did you actually listen to the lyrics of the song? it's so fucking preachy and shit, literallly screams ostentatious.

hipster trash

>Caring about a fag that came out of a 2008 pitchfork article

spoiler, its not. "Real love baby" was great, but he said it wouldnt be on the album. Its gonna suck

The lyrics are so fucking cringey I couldn't listen to the whole thing
This song is pure trash.
Why would you think writing a straight forward, politically charged, middle school Chuck Palahniuk tier rant, and then singing this rant over a boring Elton John instrumental, is a good idea?
Fuck this guy and the 12 year olds who think he's deep.

I'm really fucking hyped op. Don't let the cynical fucks bring you down.

/thread

DUDE BEARS
DUDE NOTHING MATTERS

Anyway I like fjm pretty smart guy. this song sucks tho hope the album turns out well
hes criticizing liberals and conservatives

At what point does he criticize liberals?

ITT: ppl salty that they don't get FJM's shtick. He knows he's being cringey.

yes, except that does not make his work any less cringey

"Now the liberals and the conservatives are both outraged because that is a sentiment that is so profoundly insensitive to the ways in which the other side is clearly wrong in objective ways regarding basic decency, but what’s the alternative? We’re either all complicit in this purest comedy, or the people who aren’t to blame are at war with the people who are to blame until everyone is dead. Simple as that."

did u even read it m8

Lol @ all these contrarian faggots who shit on him now but used to ride his cock when Honey Bear came out

>hurr durr I'm only pretending to be retarded

I swear I'm not just some edgy contrarian fag, but I sincerely thought the new song was pretty bad.

I just can't get behind all this hipster jesus shit, and him being aware of how ridiculous it is doesn't make it any less ridiculous. He's just writing shitty songs with hamfisted social commentary and overblown orchestral arrangements, I don't get what there is to appreciate.

And to be fair I thought the same thing about Bored in The USA and a few things off of Honeybear too. I really loved how fun and whimsical Fear Fun was, but by the looks of it he's not gonna be be going back to that.

So he's saying conservatives are wrong according to basic decency

people to blame = conservatives
people who aren't = liberals

but I guess he is saying both sides are fighting if thats a "dig" at liberals

at least it's not yet another "DUDE FUCK TRUMP" song

I will admit that the blatantly anti-religion lyrics are kinda cringey but besides that it's musically beautiful and maybe it's just me but I love his voice and the way he sings, he walks this line between genuine passion and sarcastic irony.

yeah kinda
but he wrote a lengthy essay on his fb awhile back saying. all the pseudos making fun of "dumb" conservatives inspired these Sup Forumstards to support white nationalism without realizing the consequences they have done.

But that's not true either

he's the moron pseudo intellectual

I was yesterday when I posted but no one cared. This is going to be the album of the century.

I don't what you're reading. What I'm reading is that religion ruins us. Simple as that.

>he didn't get it

>Incredibly Long

of course it is

Nah its true.

okay

bump

>13-minute song
My mouth is watering

>pepe

DROPPED

>pepe
PICKED UP

Who gives a crap about him? What a fraud

ironically sticking a fist up yr butt is still putting a fist up yr butt

He's a total spaztic

He's the music equivalent of thrush

Might as well be ghonerea

cool vid, some nice Pepes in there
>Oh, it's like something that a madman would conceive
I got chills sue me

Yeast infection the musician

Imagine his scratchy ginger beard on your thighs. That's him that is.

There's rice krispies on his mouth

Dirty fingernails and bad breath

I heard he gives people herpes so he can make a new album

unf

>Dude Trump lmao.

literally nothing about Trump in his lyrics

wow pop indie music is going to suck extra hard for the next 4-8 years huh?

>being this daft

how did you turn the computer on?

>tfw Sup Forums politics are going to shift from alt-right conservatism, straight past bush-era liberalism into something completely different and non-cringe-inducing

can't fucking wait desu

Here is your (You)

he's criticizing religion and how it divides people so much in spite of its supposed goal to unite people

it's not even about politics

Here's yours wtf

You missed one actually you cunt :)))))

wait nevermind I just actually read the lyrics

I guess it kinda is about Trump

I'm sorry. It's hard to catch up with your autism.

Well yeah, the whole "goons" line is about politicians.

anyone know the piano chords?

>I hate to say it, but each other's all we've got
damn

Huh, following up a nice heartwearming album like 'I Love You, Honeybear' with 'memes' is not very appealing to me. I kinda like the song, though.

satirically self-aware and painfully cynical

yay

>that title of the article in the URL
good fucking lord

I just read the whole thing. This is going to be quite the conceptual album. Whether you agree with him or not or are not even interested in the concept, the least you can do is appreciate the effort he put into making something with meaning.