Did Pink Floyd have the best production values out of all musicians in the 70's?

Did Pink Floyd have the best production values out of all musicians in the 70's?

>best

not gonna get into an argument but Alan Parsons is certainly one of the best rock producers ever

It was a question. I'd be happy to discuss, which is why I posted bro.

Steely Dan had amazing production on their albums.

define production values. like best sounding? or production in general? because i think brian eno's 70s productions easily win the latter.

I mean best sounding (crisp quality, music leveled well, etc).

But you certainly have a point with Brian Eno

Pink floyd was literally the biggest price of overhyped British butt rock garbage to ever exist and the only people who listen to that low brow self masterbautory shot are cheesy old people that smell like wet farts and look like AIDs patients tbqh.

With all of the members in the 70s having studied architecture in college (except Gilmour) and being paired with fantastic producers like Alan Parsons or Bob Ezrin, the production on their albums is literally structurally perfect and the way they wanted it, like a building they built

70s Pink Floyd were trash haha

>phone poster
Even if you are a troll get out faggot

this but post-unironically

This, and Kraftwerk had superb production

> implying anyone was making any music remotely close to as revolutionary as Dark Side of the Moon.

Even Meddle is ahead of it's time.

Calling Dark Side of The Moon "revolutionary" is like calling the Trail of Tears and The Great Depression revolutionary.

You're right, but not in a good way.

*with the exception of Kraftwerk

Shut up nerd.

What did dark side of the moon do that was even close to revolutionary?

>mfw fools sincerely believe this about DSotM

The combination of Rock with digitally altered sound effects.

Alan Parsons and Kraftwerk also dabbled in this I know

Definitely some the most innovative and signature sounding production

Sure, they had some crazy quality production values. Their albums are AAA material.

They wouldn't even be in my top 10 favourite albums of the 70's (might graze the 10th or 9th spot if they're lucky) but the production levels on DSOTM and WYWH are undeniable.

Thank you

this

S T E E L Y D A N

Dark Side and Aja are def the 2 standards for production quality

its Dad rock but Tom Sholz and that first Boston album were pretty damn clean

DSOTM was not the first to accomplish anything, but it executed a lot of ideas excellently which were still very worthy of exploration in 1973. Not a lot of rock groups were doing electronic tunes like On the Run or Any Colour You Like. It was also a pretty ambitious concept album, looking to touch on huge factors in everyday life like religion, money, time, etc. The production is also superb. Gilmour has excellent guitar work all over the album. Some of Rick Wright's best playing is present. and so on.